• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Expected delivery date for Intel 11th gen CPUs

Associate
well yes, it's supply/demand isn't it? most people who shop for new computer buy whatever they have budget for, not having any GPUs in shops, they will go for Intel.
So Intel will sell. If I was you I would take 2.
Unless you know for a fact that there are plenty of 11900's out there you ever considered the fact that maybe yields aint so good and they cannot produce enough? It wouldnt exactly be a first especially this year

Associate
I’d buy a 5800X myself. But it’s just a processor core, not membership of the CCP or Nazi party. Nor is rocket lake bulldozer level craptastic, let them enjoy their purchases.

Except that it have a more power usage is not so bad as results, considering the AMD's top CPU prices are huge these days. As i dont want middle range CPU, i will pay that £50 / year for the power consumption increasing!
I agree Intel is **** in terms of cpu developing / whatsoever
I disagree to be named fool / stupid / blind and so on, repeatetly, just because i wasnt lucky enough to get an AMD's top CPU at his RRP! You been so rude to say it once, ok, "thank" you too! Dont repeat it please!

Last edited:
Associate
And have you checked how many of these M.2 slots will be disabled when you put your gpu in you pcie or if your gpu won't be slowed down? there is only 20 lanes and something has to give I am afraid.

None. Someone doesn't understand how this works. 16 CPU lanes for 2 primary PCI-E 4 slots and 4 CPU lanes for the 2 primary PCI-E 4 M.2 slots. Plus additional PCI-E 3 slot and M.2 slots on most motherboards from the Z570 chipset.

Associate
This says otherwise 10 game average are you even watching the links I sent I can send more . also it will be hard to notice the difference playing the games but you forgot to add the fact how much more power it uses and how much they are charging for it , they are charging for it same as 5900x which is 12 core chip and it cant even compete with 5800x which is cheaper and uses less power and 10900k which costs less and has 2 more cores

are they not charging like £50 more than they did on 10900k on release while taking away 2 cores and increasing power consumption ? and barely any better ? surely cant defend that

ogvGIcc.jpg

That's cherry picked to only cover 1080P though. Try @ 2K and 4K where the faster per thread speed on the Intel is going to be an advantage.

Associate
Except that it have a more power usage is not so bad as results, considering the AMD's top CPU prices are huge these days. As i dont want middle range CPU, i will pay that £50 / year for the power consumption increasing!
I agree Intel is **** in terms of cpu developing / whatsoever
I disagree to be named fool / stupid / blind and so on, repeatetly, just because i wasnt lucky enough to get an AMD's top CPU at his RRP! You say it once, ok, "thank" you too! Dont repeat it please!
I do not think anyone has labeled you stupid and i am sorry if you have gottn that impression as that is not acceptable. All people are trying to point out though is Intels current top chip is not as good as AMD's 5800X regardless of if its top tier or not and its about £150 cheaper. Its forum and people are just discussing this but i am sorry if you feel like people have called you stupid

Associate
That's cherry picked to only cover 1080P though. Try @ 2K and 4K where the faster per thread speed on the Intel is going to be an advantage.
At 2k and 4K the top chips from both companies will almost be identical which is when other factors should be considered like cost. AMD have better IPC so faster per core/thread.

Associate
At 2k and 4K the top chips from both companies will almost be identical which is when other factors should be considered like cost. AMD have better IPC so faster per core/thread.

Well, no because they don't show that - they show that the majority of those games are a few percentage points faster on the 11900K. And all the benchmarks so far published also show that the 11900K has highest single threaded performance over any AMD CPU.

Soldato
Well, no because they don't show that. And all the benchmarks so far published show that the 11900K has highest single threaded performance.

what about overall difference in number of different applications and in game and also factor in the cost and power usage ?

Caporegime

Or put another way Intel CPU's can keep up with AMD's CPU's when the bottleneck is the GPU.

This is exactly the argument AMD's loyalists used to make about Bulldozer, funny how the same straws are clutched at by the other side now that the tables have turned.

Caporegime
what about overall difference in number of different applications and in game and also factor in the cost and power usage ?

Exactly, if the best you can hope for is matched performance because the GPU isn't fast enough to tax the competitions CPU properly then it needs to be a cheaper CPU, the 5800X is £420, the 11900K should be £350.

Can you agree with that @richto

Soldato
sorry i keep banging on but I find it amazing how you can defend this product if it cost around £350 would have been different story or even match the 5800x price but they are charging £500+

Associate
Exactly, if the best you can hope for is matched performance because the GPU isn't fast enough to tax the competitions CPU properly then it needs to be a cheaper CPU, the 5800X is £420, the 11900K should be £350.

Can you agree with that @richto

It has faster fps largely because of higher per thread performance enabling the same workload across fewer threads. Relatively few games scale linearly above 6 cores for example.

Being the fastest fps for gaming has always commanded a price premium. If you care about other things than gaming you might be have a point, but I don't.

Caporegime

This is firstly nonsense and secondly doesn't appear to be true:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-11900k/19.html

At 4K all the top CPUs are almost identical but the 10900K is technically fastest, and that's all you care about right? A totally marginal, not very relevant win?

Associate
like the Above post you have to consider cost / power usage and overal performance which the 5800x wins

No I don't. Couldn't care less about how much power it uses. Would turn it up to 1KW for +5fps.

But in reality it will use circa 200W which is fine on a large AIO cooler.

Caporegime
It has faster fps largely because of higher per thread performance enabling the same workload across fewer threads. Relatively few games scale linearly above 6 cores for example.

Being the fastest fps for gaming has always commanded a price premium. If you care about other things than gaming you might be have a point, but I don't.

What does? Zen 3 or Rocket Lake?

Associate
Well, no because they don't show that - they show that the majority of those games are a few percentage points faster on the 11900K. And all the benchmarks so far published also show that the 11900K has highest single threaded performance over any AMD CPU.
I have not seen this myself looking on youtube and the main reviewers. Also the question is is 1 or 2% either way worth £150 over the 5800X

Back
Top Bottom