F1 2009 Season discussion/development thread

Soldato
Much like another great idea, want to cut your costs? Well why not develop an expensive, complicated and possibly unreliable KERS system! While your at it why not completely re-design your cars to yet another rule change!

And then, start hinting that for 2010 the electrical based KERS will be outlawed after all but one of the teams have gone down the electrical route.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
FIA wants even more dramatic cost cuts for 2010.

*sigh*

Hey sunama, still think I'm scaremongering when I say that Formula One is dying a death?

My favourite bit:

The FIA wants to see the manufacturer teams also operate on a budget of €50m, but would settle on a higher figure, but below €100m, providing they make their technology available to the smaller teams.

So, they want the manufacturers to stay in F1 - they need them anyway to keep grid sizes up and a supply of engines available. But they want them to give all their technology and info to the smaller teams. They also want them to sell engines to these teams for pennies, and will probably announce next week that the manufacturer teams have to give the smaller teams a 100m head start at each race :rolleyes: I mock, but I can also just about see it happening with the way things have gone in this sport.

BRING BACK FORMULA ******* ONE, YOU MUPPETS!!!

What was wrong with it, huh? It worked, didn't it? It was motorsport's highest tier, the series that everyone wanted to get to eventually. And did you notice how every effort in recent times to ban technology and cut costs has led to teams running out of funds and withdrawing?

1993 was the last of the high-tech years. Of the thirteen teams that competed that year, three are left still in mostly the same form they were then - Ferrari, McLaren, Williams. Benetton was bought out by Renault, Jordan by various groups until now Force India effectively have what remains of it. Minardi effectively became Torro Rosso. Sauber is now the BMW works team. Footwork, Ligier, Lotus, Larrouse, Scuderia Italia and Tyrrell are all gone.

Ligier became Prost, who folded down the line. Footwork reverted to being Arrows, who folded down the line. Tyrrell's remains were bought by BAR, who became Honda, who have withdrawn.

But who cares, right? If we cheapen F1 to the point where it's a brand rather than a racing Formula, then everyone can play! And it'll be great, with all those identical cars running around with just the painjobs to tell you the difference. Oh, and won't it be just fabulous when all the drivers, and teams, and circuit promotors, and fans get bored and bugger off?

Soldato
A lot of the " American Technology" comes from here anyway. I know 5 or 6 people personally that have gone to the USA to help out different race teams.

Soldato
Caporegime
Soldato
Good to see Button keeping relatively busy, despite the possiblitiy of having no drive this year. :D

Oh man, this guy does not miss a trick. His job is on the line and he goes having a love session.

I would LOVE to see him at McLaren immediately...if only to see Hamilton humiliate him, just as he did to Heikki this year.

The very definition of a journeyman, though it looks like his journey in F1 is coming to an end.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom