F1 2016

Suzuka is such a good track. That first corner though ... gone off so many times now, struggling to get my braking right.

Finners your time set without T/C and ABS is amazing. I was getting no where near it without aids.

I love the essess, but I'm finding it hard to get the quick change of direction smoothly on the pad. Once I've missed the tangent to turn in, that's it you're either wide or going a lot slower... which is fine and how it should be but bloody annoying!

Suzuka is such a good track. That first corner though ... gone off so many times now, struggling to get my braking right.

Finners your time set without T/C and ABS is amazing. I was getting no where near it without aids.

Cheers, thought I'd get a time in early before moose ruins it all by smashing my time to pieces haha

I've only got a couple of tenths left in me unless I find a different setup

Completed my first season last night in Career with Manor. Won the driver's championship and lost to Vettel as a rival once. Pipped Rosberg to the title in Abu Dhabi. Great feeling it was! I've now signed for Toro Rosso in season 2. So we'll see how that goes!

Will also give Japan a try in TT this week.

Completed my first season last night in Career with Manor. Won the driver's championship and lost to Vettel as a rival once. Pipped Rosberg to the title in Abu Dhabi. Great feeling it was! I've now signed for Toro Rosso in season 2. So we'll see how that goes!

Will also give Japan a try in TT this week.

You won the championship in a manor? Think it's time to up that difficulty!

You won the championship in a manor? Think it's time to up that difficulty!

Hey, it was not easy to begin with! Lol.

I did up the difficulty slightly. Can't remember to what tho! But I will up it again when I start with Toro Rosso. I'm being sent home with sickness today (again!) so I will fire it up and give the new difficulty a go. That being said, the R&D stuff helped to make the car better as the season went on.

I will be honest, I am a really really poor gamer. Not professional in any sense of the word. I think the last time I played a game in the highest difficulty was Crysis! Lol!

Hello all. Been a while since I posted but since then I have bought a thrustmaster T150, 2 x AMD RX480's, and of course the game. Never bothered trying it on the 7950. Really happy with single card performance of this game at 1440p but crossfire is a stuttery mess. I just dont bother enabling crossfire for this game. Have joined the group and set a (poor!) time in Japan! Definitely enjoying this game...

Hey all I wonder if you guys can help me out with couple of questions. Really liking the look of this game and I am on the edge of buying....seems like code masters have really nailed it this time from what I have read.

Wondering how much my Amd 7950 at 1440p will hinder the experience? (CPU is a mildly overclocked i5-3570K). I was thinking of upgrading my GPU anyway - would an rx480 or 1060 perform best for this game?

I am also thinking of getting a wheel but my budget isn't too much, maybe £100. I can get a T150 for that which seems to be a decent starter wheel - any compatibility issue to worry about for this game? How do people find using force feedback wheels with chairs that swivel - any issues with that?

Thanks!

so is this game worth buying? any bugs? I'm thinking of buying it today :) ive seen from steam comments that its terrible to play on a pad as steering assist is always on,i will use my wheel though to play if I buy it

It's fine on a pad and by that I mean enjoyable! I really enjoy it.

Think I've been in the top 3 on here every track we've done so far so you can be competitive.

There was a problem with the difficulty between expert and legend being to big of a step up but they have just yesterday released a patch with a new difficulty in between.

Edit*

I'd be interested to know what you mean by steering assist with the pad. I dont feel like it's pulling me in any sort of direction or anything like that.

I think it must smooth your steering out more compared to a wheel just because of how little travel you have on a joystick so you can't be as precise but it doesn't feel like assistance

Last edited:
It's fine on a pad and by that I mean enjoyable! I really enjoy it.

Think I've been in the top 3 on here every track we've done so far so you can be competitive.

There was a problem with the difficulty between expert and legend being to big of a step up but they have just yesterday released a patch with a new difficulty in between.

Edit*

I'd be interested to know what you mean by steering assist with the pad. I dont feel like it's pulling me in any sort of direction or anything like that.

I think it must smooth your steering out more compared to a wheel just because of how little travel you have on a joystick so you can't be as precise but it doesn't feel like assistance

Ive just bought and downloaded it :) on steam some of the comments in the reviews say it has steering assist when using a pad and they reckon you cant take it off? I will try for myself in a bit,just going to have tea

Ive just bought and downloaded it :) on steam some of the comments in the reviews say it has steering assist when using a pad and they reckon you cant take it off? I will try for myself in a bit,just going to have tea

Wouldn't be surprised, watched a few clips of the console version of people with no assists on and they seem like they are driving on rails (a la GP 4 on keyboard).

Must say I'm loving this game,took a while to set up properly on my 458 italia wheel though,it dosnt detect it as a wheel and instead detects it as a wireless pad,dont know how you guys are playing on the harder difficulty settings though,im on easy and still find it a challenge lol although I did just win my first race in career.

I feel the same blizzard, looked on youtube for any videos and could only find one showing 2014 and it does indeed have some sort of TC override if you use a gamepad but the demonstration they show is flooring it out of a corner and the TC collecting it all.

Do that in 2016 on a pad and your doing 360 spins into the wall.

One comment I saw on steam said go full lock and apply the brakes and you can see it. I don't have a wheel to compare but if I'm going along a straight at full speed and go full lock and apply the brake it doesn't lock up immediately. It actually doesn't go full lock straight away either until some of the speed has come off then locks up.

Anyone with a wheel feel like comparing? Can record a video if needs be.

just had my first online session and MAN everyone seems MILES better than me lol best I done was 5th out of 11 racers but most the time I was second from last or in the last 4 racers with first place beating me by 29 seconds lol

just had my first online session and MAN everyone seems MILES better than me lol best I done was 5th out of 11 racers but most the time I was second from last or in the last 4 racers with first place beating me by 29 seconds lol

Well you had a better time than me. My one and only online race I was getting passed and he rammed me off the along the straight.

Add youngblood to your steam and set a time on Japan TT and you can see where you stack up on here. We have a good range of speed so its a good guide

Well you had a better time than me. My one and only online race I was getting passed and he rammed me off the along the straight.

Add youngblood to your steam and set a time on Japan TT and you can see where you stack up on here. We have a good range of speed so its a good guide

thanks I will add him now,just about to have a late night session lol

Back
Top Bottom