F1 2019 - Teams and Drivers - Who goes where?!

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Don't see it myself. Kimi is done. Great guy, was a great driver, occasionally still shows he is capable, but I don't see him as highly desirable for any team bosses at the moment. He knows his place at Ferrari, and does not challenge the status quo. Neither does Bottas, but he is probably cheaper, got the potential to improve and be around for longer. He can act as a base-line for comparison when Hamilton leaves at the end of 2020, not to mention aid car development consistency when Hamilton leaves.

Caporegime
Don't see it myself. Kimi is done. Great guy, was a great driver, occasionally still shows he is capable, but I don't see him as highly desirable for any team bosses at the moment. He knows his place at Ferrari, and does not challenge the status quo. Neither does Bottas, but he is probably cheaper, got the potential to improve and be around for longer. He can act as a base-line for comparison when Hamilton leaves at the end of 2020, not to mention aid car development consistency when Hamilton leaves.

Yeah, Kimi was an extraordinary driver when when he was first in F1 but since his hiatus he's not been the driver he once was. No reason I can see to pick him up for any team. Especially at the amount he can claim in salary.

Man of Honour
Kimi is still very quick, but he doesn't have a good trainer or manager or something.. some weekends he turns up, qualifies top four or better, and is decent in the race, but the others he seems a second off Vettel and just nowhere. Needs some motivation.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The MSA report found that Ticktum ignored 13 yellow flags, four double-yellow flags, two white flags and 15 safety-car boards and overtook 10 cars. All that was to catch back up to his rival during the safety-car period, before making contact, under yellow.

Special.

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
I don't think its much of a set back at the moment, they will move it to the end of the year, they were just keen to get him a kick start I think.
It does not say why it was blocked, that I can see, but I am sure it will come out soon.

Soldato
Hamilton's signed a two year extension, to 2020. Seems about right. People would have questioned a one year deal, and three years seems high for both sides. I'm sure there'll be an option to extend further in there too. While he was very unlikely to go somewhere else, I think it was pretty important for Mercedes to secure him and keep a top class driver in the team.

Back
Top Bottom