F1 2019

Associate
Nice one! What pedals did you go for? I'd be interested to hear your first impressions as I'm thinking of upgrading from my G29 to the CSL.

I actually upgraded my pedals a few months ago to the CSL Elites w/ Load cell, and they are really a step up from my old Thrustmaster T3PA Pros. On the T3PAs, I had a bushing behind the brake pedal on those to stiffen it up, but never had the consistency I have with the Fanatecs, even the throttle pedal is more consistent! I'm pretty pleased with them, now I'm a few days away from completing the Fanatec setup.

Soldato
I actually upgraded my pedals a few months ago to the CSL Elites w/ Load cell, and they are really a step up from my old Thrustmaster T3PA Pros. On the T3PAs, I had a bushing behind the brake pedal on those to stiffen it up, but never had the consistency I have with the Fanatecs, even the throttle pedal is more consistent! I'm pretty pleased with them, now I'm a few days away from completing the Fanatec setup.

Good insights, thanks bud, may I ask if you could link to the exact gear you ordered?

Soldato

Thanks :) It's the CSL Elites with load cell I'm looking at too so it is good to hear they are really good pedals.

Soldato
Which config/bundle is it your are looking at bud?

I currently have a G29 and want to keep PS4 compatibility (and hopefully PS5 but who knows at the moment) so I'm looking at:
-CSL Elite PS4 Starter kit. This includes the CSL wheel base, PS4 wheel and CSL Elite pedals (only 2 pedals)
-CSL Elite Load cell kit to turn the brake pedal into a load cell (the old brake pedal from the 2 pedal set becomes the clutch)

I'm also tempted to order the Clubsport Shifter SQ V1.5 and the handbrake too but these add around £350 to the order so I'm torn between being a little sensible and I want it :D

Soldato
Ah. Didn't you want to go with all load cell pedals?
Is there a all load cell bundle?

I don’t know if that is even possible, certainly isn’t with Fanatec pedals I don’t know about some of the more bespoke ones though. Surely it would feel weird though as a normal car has spring loaded throttle and clutches.

Associate
Associate
Sure, I ordered the CSL Elite Wheel Base + (because it's PS4 licensed, even though I probably won't make use of that) and the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 EU (I wanted the 2019 version but out of stock). And I already have the ClubSport Elite Pedals LC from earlier.

I didn't go with the starter pack as I already had the pedals.
I’ve been toying with this exact setup. Only problem is that it has to be desk mounted. I don’t have the space for anything else. Do you think it would be ok or am I wasting my money? Have a g27 currently.

Soldato
I’ve been toying with this exact setup. Only problem is that it has to be desk mounted. I don’t have the space for anything else. Do you think it would be ok or am I wasting my money? Have a g27 currently.

This isn't from first hand experience but I've done quite a bit of reading about Fanatec wheels recently. The wheel clamp is supposedly a good clamp, similar to the Thrustmaster clamps. The FFB is stronger with the Fanatec wheels than Logitech, from memory the G29 (which I'd assume is similar strength to the G27) has a torque of 2.2 Nm and the CSL Elite is ~6 Nm. So you have to consider if your desk is strong enough but I'd imagine any full size desk would be. The pedals are a slightly different issue, the normal 2 pedals are fine apparently but the addition of the load cell means you need something to stop the pedals sliding when you're applying heavy pressure on the brake. Though I'd imagine as most desks are against a wall that the wall will act as a pretty good stop to the pedals sliding away :D

Associate
This isn't from first hand experience but I've done quite a bit of reading about Fanatec wheels recently. The wheel clamp is supposedly a good clamp, similar to the Thrustmaster clamps. The FFB is stronger with the Fanatec wheels than Logitech, from memory the G29 (which I'd assume is similar strength to the G27) has a torque of 2.2 Nm and the CSL Elite is ~6 Nm. So you have to consider if your desk is strong enough but I'd imagine any full size desk would be. The pedals are a slightly different issue, the normal 2 pedals are fine apparently but the addition of the load cell means you need something to stop the pedals sliding when you're applying heavy pressure on the brake. Though I'd imagine as most desks are against a wall that the wall will act as a pretty good stop to the pedals sliding away :D
Thanks for the reply,
Desk should be strong enough, I built it out of mdf. Only issue being that the underside of the table is about 50mm deep so will prob have to modify the desk.
Pedals should be fine with the wall as you say but I can always make a mounting plate to fix it in place.

Back
Top Bottom