F1 2019

Soldato
Now i've just got to learn to play without ABS and TC, any tips? :(
Get use to one off first, then work on the other. Without ABS brake as hard as you can at first then reduce as you get closer to the corner otherwise you’ll lock up.

With TC off you’ve just got to gentle applying the throttle and make sure your car is straight coming out the corner.

Soldato
Get use to one off first, then work on the other. Without ABS brake as hard as you can at first then reduce as you get closer to the corner otherwise you’ll lock up.

With TC off you’ve just got to gentle applying the throttle and make sure your car is straight coming out the corner.

Tried a few laps with everything off around Australia and cost McLaren probably a few billion in repairs if you account for flashbacks! :p

I'm coming from Auto on a PS4 controller as well, so think i'm going to try get used to the tracks with Manual gears first and Medium TC, then go ABS off, then go TC off then pray for the best!

If anyone fancies a race or online championship add me on Steam: Megahurtz112 :D

Soldato
I've got a G29 being delivered any moment, I love F1 2018, with a controller (manual sequential gears) I can manage a 1:25 around the Australian track with a McLaren car running a balanced setup. So I'm not tooooo bad with a controller, but not great.

My question is this, is it worth getting F1 2019? I see a bunch of mixed reviews on the steam store. And if so, does anyone have any form of wheel setup?

Soldato
Yeah, like I said; one at a time until you're comfortable with each change.
I've got a G29 being delivered any moment, I love F1 2018, with a controller (manual sequential gears) I can manage a 1:25 around the Australian track with a McLaren car running a balanced setup. So I'm not tooooo bad with a controller, but not great.

My question is this, is it worth getting F1 2019? I see a bunch of mixed reviews on the steam store. And if so, does anyone have any form of wheel setup?

When you guys first changed to manual gears, were you absolutely awful or am I just that bad!

Got a half decent time around Australia on time trial, so decided to start a career to get into the deep end and learn the tracks during the practice sessions, but I just cannot control the F2 car at all.

Even though i've got traction control on, I feel like my gear selection is causing me loads of rear end instability, am I shifting too early?

And suggested gear, is there a point in a corner you should shift into this gear? So say you're approaching a corner in 6th (F2 car) and the suggested gear is 2nd, should I be shifting into that gear from 3rd at the apex or before during braking? Or is it just smashing the hours in and getting the feel?

Cheers :D

Soldato
It's been so long for me using manual gears that I couldn't tell you if I was bad or not, I've been using manual since Gran Turismo 1 so...

Ideally you need to be in the correct gear before you're about to put the throttle on (so before apex), shifting too early can cause the back to step out a little but brake balance and diff settings can cause this too.

The F2 cars I would say are a bit more of a handful than the F1 cars (slower but less downforce and smaller tyres).

Also, being in a lower gear helps the car turn in to the corners.

Last edited:
Associate
When you guys first changed to manual gears, were you absolutely awful or am I just that bad!

Got a half decent time around Australia on time trial, so decided to start a career to get into the deep end and learn the tracks during the practice sessions, but I just cannot control the F2 car at all.

Even though i've got traction control on, I feel like my gear selection is causing me loads of rear end instability, am I shifting too early?

And suggested gear, is there a point in a corner you should shift into this gear? So say you're approaching a corner in 6th (F2 car) and the suggested gear is 2nd, should I be shifting into that gear from 3rd at the apex or before during braking? Or is it just smashing the hours in and getting the feel?

Cheers :D
Until you get used to it, try to get the car slowed down and down to the suggested gear before you start turning the wheel. It’s not necessarily the fasted way around but a good place to start. It will help with the slow in, fast out principle too.

I don’t know if you struggle with the upshifts or not but you can turn the beep which tells when to shift.

Soldato
Played it for free to see if it works out in Vorpx(VR). It's ok, but the cockpit view is completely ruined by the halo which you notice more in VR.

Worth £13 quid to play through the F2, so I picked it up.

Soldato
Played it for free to see if it works out in Vorpx(VR). It's ok, but the cockpit view is completely ruined by the halo which you notice more in VR.

Worth £13 quid to play through the F2, so I picked it up.

Is it the bar down the middle that is the problem? you could remove it in the options of previous games

Back
Top Bottom