F1 license for new game up for grabs

Soldato
Not a big fan of F1 games, but I did play the PS3 F1 game and it was really well made to be honest. Just not my type of game.

Anyway seems F1 wants to go cross platform route since they chose Codemasters. I think Codemasters will do fine, TOCA series was mint.

Soldato
Ugh, I mean seriously, ugh.

I can not see Codemasters doing an F1 game justice, I expect pure arcade and no simulation which is really not what F1 is about.
It's one of the only series of game to exist where I'd have quite liked EA to be in control.

Soldato
Bah! Why can't they give it to a proper simulation developer like Simbin, Blimey games or ISI?

All we end up with is clone after clone of crap arcade games where you can fly past dumbass by-the-numbers rubberband AI and drive on the grass like it was superglue and your setup options just about amount to the effect of 'Downforce - Yes/No'. Cack.

No wonder GP4 is still so popular 6 years after it was released.

Caporegime
Simbin would have been the best choice for realism. EA would have been the best choice for market appeal, quality and presentation.

Codemasters.... Not too sure, they're released an awful lot of dross in the past half-decade.

Soldato
Bah! Why can't they give it to a proper simulation developer like Simbin, Blimey games or ISI?

All we end up with is clone after clone of crap arcade games where you can fly past dumbass by-the-numbers rubberband AI and drive on the grass like it was superglue and your setup options just about amount to the effect of 'Downforce - Yes/No'. Cack.

No wonder GP4 is still so popular 6 years after it was released.

Well I guess that when they have paid hundreds of millions to Bernie then they have to make the game as playable as possible to the masses - maybe they should have sold the rights for the PC version to a different company to make a more sim based racer?

Soldato
Q F T. If you don't have anything of any importance to add to the thread then don't post at all.

The question was who to have the F1 license not if you liked F1 or not So his post was not of anything of importance ? like yours is not and mine.

Soldato
i currently only have GT5P for PS3 (racing games), do you guys still reckon the (now old) Formula 1 championship is worth grabbing as something else to use the ole G25 on?

currently building up an old PC to play LFS but would be nice to have more things on the ps3 that do the wheel justice...

Associate
Ya, I'm getting a PS3 soon enough too, and wondering if I should grab Sonys game in case the Codemasters one is terrible:(
For F1 games, I really require pure realism, manual, any little hit reacting like it should in real life...
Only things that put me off that F1 game is no Hamilton and Kimi at Mclaren, other than that, is it a good, long lasting game?

Caporegime
Not a good sign if Codies got the licence:(...expect the game to have crap handling like Dirt and Grid to a certain extent.

Imo it needs to be a proper sim type game with proper car handling etc...if they make it too arcadey then it will be a complete disaster.

Associate
I'd be a lot happier if Rockstar had the licence. They did such a good job at recreating table tennis as a sport, I think they could work wonders with F1, just as long as they made it quite simmy.

Soldato
This is one game I actually think SHOULD go to EA. At least then we would get an update each year rather than have to wait for an age in between each one!!!

The OP doesn't suprise me in the least though - I bet old Bernie is asking an absolute fortune for the rights and it would explain why Geoff Crammond hasn't done an F1 game for ages... I bet MicroProse couldn't afford the rights!!!

geoff crammond wanted a break from F1 games after doing so many and microprose doesn't even exist anymore

Soldato
I'd be a lot happier if Rockstar had the licence. They did such a good job at recreating table tennis as a sport, I think they could work wonders with F1, just as long as they made it quite simmy.

Have you played GTA IV? They are not very good at car handling ;)

I would have rather Studio Liverpool went straight to work on a new one right after CE tbh. Cos CE was good, and the next one could have been great.

Associate
i currently only have GT5P for PS3 (racing games), do you guys still reckon the (now old) Formula 1 championship is worth grabbing as something else to use the ole G25 on?

currently building up an old PC to play LFS but would be nice to have more things on the ps3 that do the wheel justice...

Yes its worth grabbing its pretty good and works ok with the g25 wheel.

Soldato
F1 sucks donkeys **** & open wheelers make for crap online racing, Stupid weak **** bits of plastic breaking off as soon as you look at another car let alone rub doors which you don't have, Complete crap & boring crap at that. I say ignore Bernie big wallet & let F1 die the death it should have done ages ago.
Saloon car racing is the way forward for Online play & spectator viewing. You just cannot beat popping in to a show room choosing a car tricking it up painting it then taking it online to rub doors with others. Forza2 has it down on the 360 & RFactor/LFS has it down on PC.
F1 can die with Bernie he looks about dead anyway.

Instantly and forever my favourite person.

Associate
I think F1 online would be great as longs as its quite simmy. 22 racers on the track, changing weather, sudden shower everyone diving into the pits to put wets on. Engine blow outs, tyre wear, punctures. It would be great as longs as everyone drives clean as possible. Oh and 60fps is a must.

Back
Top Bottom