F1 Season 2024 - Pre-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Kyle.Engineers is back with his first video on the new cars, this one looking at the Ferrari:

For those those who don't recognise the name, he's a former Mercedes aero-guy who now runs an aerodynamics consultancy business for racing teams and posts videos about F1 car design. His series in the '22 was great.

Associate
Given he is attending, surely this shows the investigation probably does not have the legs to run the course?
I wouldnt be so sure; it will be business as usual all the way until it isn't. He hasn't been removed from duties so I'd expect him to do everything the same until he is kicked out.

I'd have thought that if the accusations didn't have some significant basis then there would have been a swift internal investigation to get rid of it and that would be that. What's the general thinking? He's on his way out or staying?

My bet is out.

Associate
I'd have thought that if the accusations didn't have some significant basis then there would have been a swift internal investigation to get rid of it and that would be that.
Not quite.
It is the most sensible thing to do that when a business receives these types of complaints, they go through an investigation and process to verify the concern before proceeding.
If the investigation confirmed that there is some form of wrong that has occurred, it is in their benefit to remove that employee immediately from such duties to minimise being the face of the company and show they have taken the investigation seriously.

Given he is attending the car launches, tells me the investigation has begun and it is not looking as serious as once reported.
Or maybe, its not even a CH problem and is general culture of the organisation.

Again no information has been released outside of controlling and coercive behaviour, really think about it, every and any company in the country could be guilty of that. Because business needs come before employee needs.

Associate
Not quite.
It is the most sensible thing to do that when a business receives these types of complaints, they go through an investigation and process to verify the concern before proceeding.
If the investigation confirmed that there is some form of wrong that has occurred, it is in their benefit to remove that employee immediately from such duties to minimise being the face of the company and show they have taken the investigation seriously.

Given he is attending the car launches, tells me the investigation has begun and it is not looking as serious as once reported.
Or maybe, its not even a CH problem and is general culture of the organisation.

Again no information has been released outside of controlling and coercive behaviour, really think about it, every and any company in the country could be guilty of that. Because business needs come before employee needs.

I'm sure that culture is in every team. I think if it wasn't significant then they wouldn't have wanted the exposure & embarrasment. I'm still going with he's out or a long shot he stays and there's some other changes in RB leadership. Even if it isn't significant, if RB didn't want him to be out, they'd have covered it up and moved on.

Associate
I think if it wasn't significant then they wouldn't have wanted the exposure & embarrasment.
Or it could show they wish to maintain a sign of transparency and professionalism by following procedures.

I'm still going with he's out or a long shot he stays and there's some other changes in RB leadership.
Based on what? Rumours? Are you a teenager?

Even if it isn't significant, if RB didn't want him to be out, they'd have covered it up and moved on.
Shall I make you a tin foil hat? Although sounds like you already got one.

Associate
Or it could show they wish to maintain a sign of transparency and professionalism by following procedures.

Based on what? Rumours? Are you a teenager?

Shall I make you a tin foil hat? Although sounds like you already got one.

Most businesses don't manage to maintain transparency and professionalism, or follow procedures.

If this is a culture or Christian leadership style issue, likely it's been there for a while and accepted. Now it's not, so why? We'll see, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Soldato
Also unless you've worked for 'most businesses' it's pretty difficult to judge? I would say the company I work for does, and would take accusations like this equally seriously, but perhaps would have suspended the individual with pay until some conclusion was made. Interesting to see he's still there. Maybe shows how pivotal his role is (not like we didn't already know that).

F1 is super competitive and it shouldn't be surprising it's a high-pressure environment that needs clear and fast decision making. There's definitely a grey area between that and being 'controlling' but we don't know the specifics and it's for them to figure out frankly. The court of public opinion is harsh nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom