F1 Testing 2017: Week 2 Barcelona (7th-10th)

Soldato
If Ferrari are competitive this year its not going to be very silly at all. Vettel will stay.

However Raikkonen's contract only runs to the end of the year so that's an open seat right there if Ferrari are brave enough.

I struggle to see Alonso making out the year if Honda don't turn up at Melbourne with an engine that can do the race distance and at least provide 90%. At the minute not being able to string a race distance together without breaking down is a dire state.

I cant see Bottas doing so badly that Merc will want to get Alonso in and destabilise Hamilton.

Honestly I am not an Alonso fan at all but man hes ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time once to often, and I think the fans have suffered the most because of this.

I really hope the Ferrari matches Merc this season. If Vettel wins the WDC this season he will stay. If not and Merc offer him a seat he will go.
I'm hoping that Hamilton goes to Ferrari at some point.

Soldato
Never understand where people get the poor decisions thing from. McLaren, this time round is the only the bad one he's made. He came close to winning with both McLaren and Ferrari in the past. The Renualt move was pretty much forced upon him as his position at McLaren was untenable. There, Lewis (ignoring team orders), Ron (just being Ron), and Alonso (thinking he's a god), were all to blame.

Alonso turned down RB.

Soldato
I think bottas is a very good driver perhaps not as fast as Hamilton but he will give him a race. Has the McClaren completed a race distance run yet?

11 consecutive laps so far! That is pretty poor by anyone's standards!

Räikkönen Ferrari SF70-H 1:18.634 :eek:

haha would love it if Ferrari actually are faster than the Mercs. But no doubt they will fire up their oil burning engine trickery (cheating ;)) and Ferrari will be left to pick up the scraps again :(

Soldato
Pehaps if Ron hadn't insisted on exlcusivity with Honda, they would certainly not be in this mess!

Merc engines have done over 2000 laps as have Ferrari and Renault..Honda has done 339 in testing. No wonder they don't work!!

Soldato
Alonso himself has made bad decisions going to the wrong team at the wrong time.
At the end of this season Alonso\Bottas\Vettel will be out of contract. This years silly season is going to go in to overdrive :)
LoL silly season could start before the season starts :) Even Jenson may find an excuse! Maldernado anyone?
Andi.

Soldato
I hope they don't do a Red Bull/Renault though. I lost a bit of respect with RB with their treatment of Renault. Happy while they were winning but threw Renault under the bus publicly when things didnt go their way. Mclaren like them need to just work with Honda and support them and only after that doesnt work; go their seperate ways.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Here’s how much distance each team has covered so far in 2017 pre-season testing:

Mercedes 4836.5km
Ferrari 4143km
Sauber 3468km
Williams 3384.2km
Force India 3272.5km
Haas 3160.7km
Red Bull 2997.8km
Renault 2574.2km
Toro Rosso 2285.6km
McLaren 1862km

Soldato
Here’s how much distance each team has covered so far in 2017 pre-season testing:

Mercedes 4836.5km
Ferrari 4143km
Sauber 3468km
Williams 3384.2km
Force India 3272.5km
Haas 3160.7km
Red Bull 2997.8km
Renault 2574.2km
Toro Rosso 2285.6km
McLaren 1862km

Or to put it another way: (Hopefully i've added them up right..)

Merc - 11493.2
Ferrari - 10771.7
Renault - 7857.6
Honda - 1862

Man of Honour
I'm still clinging on to the hope that Mercedes are sandbagging big time in testing, as otherwise it's not looking good. I mean don't get me wrong, I don't want another boring year where Merc dominate both championships, but I still root for Hamilton so want him to get the WDC, but Ferrari could put a spanner in that works if testing is anything to go by

Soldato
Pehaps if Ron hadn't insisted on exlcusivity with Honda, they would certainly not be in this mess!

Merc engines have done over 2000 laps as have Ferrari and Renault..Honda has done 339 in testing. No wonder they don't work!!

Not quite, Merc are the only engine manufacturer to do over 2k laps, over 2.5k laps in fact.

Renault have done 1.7k and Ferrari have done 1.6k on their respective 2017 engines.

This doesn't change the fact that Honda has still done terrible volumes of running, but its important to see that all 3 non merc manufacturer's are way behind the class leader.

Back
Top Bottom