FA CUP FINAL ... Arsenal v Chelsea ... Saturday 27th May *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Chelsea season was already over lol

Bit of a downer/disappointment for them.

Hats off to Arsenal though, this new formation has definitely helped.

Don
But the law does not state "if he plays or attempts etc" it says what it says.

Ofcourse it open to interpretation but hes three yards in front of the keeper, goes to play the ball and is called off it by Alexis...how isnt he interfering?
It's almost as if you didn't read my post. You have the laws of the games and then officials are given guidelines as to how they should interpret them.

The officials are given guidelines to determine whether the attacker has made an action that decieves or distracts the opponent. Whether Ramsey did in actual fact deceive or distract Chelsea's defence is possible but under the guidelines the officials work to, he's not offside.

Caporegime
CHelsea were a joke, Arsenal's MOTM was a split decision between Moses and Luiz. Luiz was hilariously poor throughout, absolutely no where defensively, then he was ignoring his midfield and kept trying hollywood balls and failing every time then at the end of the game he was like screw defending, lets have Cesc run back to defend so he can go stand up front and put in useless crosses, crap passing and generally just get in the way.

Such a weird game, Arsenal could have had 34, much like that first game this year we won 3-0 but really should have been 6+ because Chelsea were just so bad. Willian came on and decided passing was for losers so kept running it and losing it.

Very very weird game. Even with Chelsea that bad, without that joke of a first goal being given we would be in extra time right now despite playing for so long against a dire 10 man performance.

Moses, seriously, diving badly while on a yellow card and at the time he did it Cesc was absolutely screaming for the ball 6-7 yards ahead of Moses, one pass and he can belt it at goal, may/may not score but a great position and completely unmarked and instead he gets himself sent off.

Conte strange as well, firstly not starting Cesc, then not putting him on 30 mins into the game when they were playing like absolute **** then right after Costa has their best chance to equalise and the only player looking a threat he takes him off and lets Luiz and Cahil go upfront and just be in the way? Why not take off one of the CBs and keep on your star striker?

Arsenal, some good performances, some meh ones. We had so much of the ball and contrived to not score over and over again. So many errant passes, so many miscontrols, so many poor final balls and so much poor shooting. Ozil could have put the game to bed how many times?

Game was amazing to watch, complete chaos but a ridiculous decision changed it early into a free for all nonsensical mass panic.

Soldato
It's almost as if you didn't read my post. You have the laws of the games and then officials are given guidelines as to how they should interpret them.

The officials are given guidelines to determine whether the attacker has made an action that decieves or distracts the opponent. Whether Ramsey did in actual fact deceive or distract Chelsea's defence is possible but under the guidelines the officials work to, he's not offside.
Have you actually seen the incident?

We will have to agree to disgagree but going of the actual laws of the game which Fifa publish on their very own website...he is off.

Take me out is on now..busy lol

Soldato
Very entertaining game of footy. Who'd have thunk the BFG would be so awesome. I don't think Ramsey caused the defenders or goalie to act differently so agree with all the people on TV. No offside. Very happy with the result. COYG!

Don
Have you actually seen the incident?

We will have to agree to disgagree but going of the actual laws of the game which Fifa publish on their very own website...he is off.

Take me out is on now..busy lol
No which is why I said unless he played or attempted to play the ball - I assume he didn't.

It's not a matter of opinion

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
or
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent
  • A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.
A ‘save’ is when a player stops a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Did Ramsey play the ball? Did he attempt to play the ball? Did he prevent an opponent playing the ball? Did he block the line of vision of an opponent? Did he pick up a rebounded shot? If the answer to those questions is no then he's not offside.

As I keep saying, the rules are open to interpretation and everybody will have a different take on them which is why officials are given these guidelines to work to - to keep things as consistent as possible.

edit: I've now seen it. It's not offside but it was handball.

Back
Top Bottom