Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
Let's make this clear. It's not any of the reasons "he's black", "strong female lead". I have absolutely no issue with that and never have. It's sad I feel I need to put this down. But it's such a thing now. You feel you need to.
It’s not a thing now, at all.
We’re lost if one has to worry about writing a short review for fear of offending someone whose sole purpose in life is to be offended by absolutely everything.
Btw, Max’s character wasn’t particularly great, nor was the acting.

Associate
Nice to see the discussion is on brand for this Forum. Some of you need a hobby.

Finished episode 6 last night and genuinely really enjoying it so far. Some brilliant little nods to the games, the characters are good fun and the production looks great!

Soldato
Hopefully this goes for all threads going forward?
We can only hope! :cool:

I’m liking the series so far, despite my initial reluctance with the early trailers etc. do find it a little uneven, particularly the brotherhood parts. But it’s a fun watch. I would like more of a Vault folk focus. I’m only two episodes in though!

Last edited:
Caporegime
We can only hope! :cool:

I’m liking the series so far, despite my initial reluctance with the early trailers etc. do find it a little uneven, particularly the brotherhood parts. But it’s a fun watch. I would like more of a Vault folk focus. I’m only two episodes in though!

Really not a fan of brotherhood part. All of it, acting, content etc.
Vault dweller is a bit better. But not great.

I'm going to see it through. I had a similar (stronger) reaction to one piece. But by this point (e3) I started to love it.

Just can't get into this. Found my self a couple of times checking "it's it nearly over".

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is loads better than tlou for me, no filler episodes so the story doesn't feel rushed as a consequence (so far i might add as I'm only up to ep 4)

I think i just don't like the gore + light hearted feel of the show.

Its probably more a case of me just not liking this "genre" vs it being not good.
I guess I never saw a fallout tv show quite this light hearted in my mind. It's fair enough. But if it doesn't get a bit more deep soon I my even not finish it.

Not really sure what's going on either. It just seems like stuff is happening. So in my mind it's the opposite. It feels very "filled out".

FYI I'm on E03

Last edited:
Soldato
I think i just don't like the gore + light hearted feel of the show.

Its probably more a case of me just not liking this "genre" vs it being not good.
I guess I never saw a fallout tv show quite this light hearted in my mind. It's fair enough. But if it doesn't get a bit more deep soon I my even not finish it.

Not really sure what's going on either. It just seems like stuff is happening. So in my mind it's the opposite. It feels very "filled out".

FYI I'm on E03

That's how it is in the games though, the gore is a nod to using VATS and the humour is pretty much like it is in the last few games.

Caporegime
That's how it is in the games though, the gore is a nod to using VATS and the humour is pretty much like it is in the last few games.

Yeah I last played fallout 3/NV.

I stopped at 4 as I didn't like vats etc. Can't remember exactly but the combat wasn't for me. I never used VATS in 3 at all, it made it too easy. I believe they changed stealth/sneak too in 4.

If it's much more similar to after this, it makes more sense.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm a fairly big fan of Fallout. Played 3, NV and 4. I'm on episode 3 so far, and it's...OK. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something feels a little off. I don't know if it's how clean the world feels or something, but I'm not feeling an overwhelming sense of excitement about it at all. I'm just watching it for the sake of it.

Also, I kinda forgot all about the Brotherhood of Steel because I actively avoid them on my playthroughs. The fact that the main character in the Brotherhood story thread is a bit of an idiot doesn't help things.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a fairly big fan of Fallout. Played 3, NV and 4. I'm on episode 3 so far, and it's...OK. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something feels a little off. I don't know if it's how clean the world feels or something
It's an issue with every amazon production I've watched tbh, they really need to up their game on costume and world design. It's always shiny and new, none of the worlds feel lived it.

Soldato
Let's make this clear. It's not any of the reasons "he's black", "strong female lead". I have absolutely no issue with that and never have. It's sad I feel I need to put this down. But it's such a thing now. You feel you need to.

Yeap, I feel the same - genuine criticism of something/one feels like it has to couched with a thousand "its not because............." clauses just to prevent the often guaranteed "Oh, thats because you're a..............." responses. Shame its ended up like this but it looks like we all have to be treated like kids I suppose because of the bad behaviour (globally, not this forum) of too many at both extremes.

I've still got The Gentlemen and Parasyte to watch but this is already on my list afterwards. I've not played the games but have a small understanding of it and so I don't think my lack of knowledge (from whats been said so far) will be a barrier to watching this, plus as I mentioned earlier, Walton Goggins is epic is everything I've seen him in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom