Far Cry 5

Soldato
Also, i'm dying quite a lot and tempted to knock it down to easy and just enjoy the experience a bit more. My days of being fairly good at computer games have, I feel, passed me by.

Soldato
Also, i'm dying quite a lot and tempted to knock it down to easy and just enjoy the experience a bit more. My days of being fairly good at computer games have, I feel, passed me by.

I consider myself as a season gamer and I still find it difficult on easy. Fire fights normally result in death and just wondering about is lethal with every animal after blood and taking a full clip to put down. All this takes away the fun and stops me from exploring.

Associate
I consider myself as a season gamer and I still find it difficult on easy. Fire fights normally result in death and just wondering about is lethal with every animal after blood and taking a full clip to put down. All this takes away the fun and stops me from exploring.

Unlock the 2nd holster. Buy the 50 cal sniper (SA50) from the first section of the weapon menu - deluxe content? It's about $7,000. Add a silencer, the top scope and the mag extension. Get both sniper skills. This will take down pretty much anything in one shot, 2 tops - and you can hip fire close up. Take whatever you like as your second (and the relevant skills) - the M249 is a beast with a silencer and mag upgrade, assault rifles and shotties are the easiest to find ammo for.

Do the missions to unlock Boomer, Peaches and Cheeseburger (in that order). Once you have all 3, unlock the leadership skill. Walk around with Boomer and Peaches, swap Boomer for Cheeseburger for any attacks on strongholds/missions etc. Boomer growls when anything is near and barks when there's danger - he will spot for you too. Peaches does stealth kills and can chase off most animals. Cheeseburger is a bullet sponge tank.

Prioritise prepper missions - 3 perk points and around $1000 each time. If you can do them again in coop, you can claim the bonuses a second time.

I was having the same sort of issue - roads meant instant death from all the cult vehicles, woods meant instant death from endless wolverines/bears/moose (and even one turkey - damn things pack a punch). Took about 6 hours of wandering about collecting stuff, but it's a much more fun experience now.

Soldato
I just finished the main story.

It's a good game. I wish it wasnt so difficult at the start. Once you have completed the first area and advanced your character with perks and weapons it seems to play easier.

The only annoying things I've found is 1. the cut scenes go on for ages... and 2. when you think you have killed a boss or done a boss mission you find out you have to go to another location to fight.

Some of the manditory missions that start up and you get put in a different setting can be annoyingly difficult.

I'm now going around finishing all the missions I didn't do before, which is good that they let you do that.

Soldato
Quite a few of the set pieces are pretty annoying, whether it's airplane sections or the bunker/dream sequences. The best fun is taking out outposts or just exploring.

Finished the game last night, ending was different although not sure it really felt like much of a reward for the effort. I did think the overall story was actually pretty decent despite a few overly long cutscenes.

Planning to reset the outposts and use that to mop up the challenges whilst finishing up the last sidequests.

I think I probably enjoyed Far Cry 3 more but this is the better game, it's just that so much of this has a "been there done that" feel so quite a lot of the time it's mindless fun rather than being truly engaging. It sure does look pretty though, I came out of one of the river caves and with HDR it was stunning. If they could just up the AI to match it could have been one of the best games of the year rather than just one of the better ones.

Soldato
Completed story, overall one of the most fun games I have played recently (alongside BoTW and SMO, those are better though!).

My wish list in future patches

- when you park a vehicle or helicopter somewhere it should stay there not disappear or move to somewhere nearby
- animals in the cars / planes etc, that would be so cool

I loved the story as well

Associate
Just finished Jons region now did fath’s last week. Just got into Jacob’s region: what an absolutely stunning game. Thought HZD and AC Origins were in a league of their own graphically but FC5 is arguably more impressive imo. Looks stunning in hdr on the Sammy Ks8000.

Soldato
I am going to play some more this weekend. One thing that i think is missing is REALLY long range snipers. You really cant see anything even scoped in on the rifle with max zoom at over about 200-250m. I would love to have long range sniper challenges that are reasonably realistic.

The sniper challenge has been annoying me as well. I've got 4/5 done. The issue I'm having is that it's very difficult to see if enemies are behind cover when you're shooting at them.

Associate
Yes can remove all hud: plays great without it just refer to map for directions. Prefer it without any hud as harder to spot enemies etc

Soldato
The hunting parties in this game suck and make no sense. I was flying around in a chopper in the middle of a side mission, saw a message saying "you're being hunted" and the screen faded and I'd been captured :confused::mad:

Associate
The hunting parties in this game suck and make no sense. I was flying around in a chopper in the middle of a side mission, saw a message saying "you're being hunted" and the screen faded and I'd been captured :confused::mad:

Agreed that the hunting party is a bit of a mare. I was flying around in a plane doing a mission and somehow got hit with a bliss bullet thus transporting me to John Seed's lair. Random occurrence but thought meh I'll bare with it as its just minor story plot hole mechanics.

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom