Far Cry 5

Caporegime
It is indeed a lot of fun, the gunplay is absolutely spot on as well.

Had my first crash earlier, I was strafing a road block in a plane and it hard locked. Closed the game and reopened, when I spawned in I was still in the plane and on the side of a hill :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished it. Really good game if a bit buggy at times. 7.5/10 if I was rating it....

I still have loads to do and not even scratched the main story really yet, just been getting side tracked, it sure is a fun game but after the initial wow factor wears off you then start to see the same repetitive elements in most games like this, still very good game and even though I have a lot to do I would give it a similar rating as you.

Soldato
Still enjoying it a lot but a few things that detract from it:

- AI is as bad as ever, one enemy spots you and every enemy in a 500m radius immediately knows where you are, ally AI is just as painful.
- The capture party events are not escapable, don't waste your time trying to fight, I tried to fly away but was sniped whilst flying in a wingsuit.
- The difficulty in some sections is pretty broken, especially the areas where stealth is removed as an option or when dealing with armored or "angel" enemies who can soak up a clip of ammo.

On the upside, it's nails most of the Far Cry basics - plenty of guns, explosions, random missions (the bull part of the testy festival was very funny).

I've taken down John and working on doing most of his area before I move on to Faith. I tend to avoid rushing to finish as I lose enthusiasm for exploration once the story is wrapped up.

Associate
Can anyone tell me how well this runs on standard PS4? I love Far Cry games and spend ages exploring. I know it is passable on my spec PC but I enjoyed playing FC4 from the sofa and I could play this co-op with a friend who already bought it on his Pro.

Associate
Just completed Faith’s region. Great game and personally think the story is great (in a Farcry way). Joseph Seed is one of the best characters in Farcry for me personally so far. I play on hard with no hud: difficulty is great, not too easy but never frustratingly hard either. Like how you can choose which region to complete.

Soldato
It is indeed a lot of fun, the gunplay is absolutely spot on as well.

The gunplay average at best. The weapons lack any sense of weight and it just feels really disconnected. It's a massive shame as well that you have this massive open area and the scopes on sniper rifles in for example are rubbish. :( I'm pretty far in to it though as the story side of the game and the world are incredibly done. This is just a Far Cry thing rather than a FC5 thing but the way they get the NPC's to really feel like they are talking to you, I think it's with the eyes is just incredible.

I really enjoy the little segments with each of the main bad guys that pop up while trying to liberate an area. They way you look back on some of them and see how you click in to place as they expect you to. Also how they humanise and explain what they are doing you can kind of really connect with them and understand why they think they are doing good.

Soldato
What the hell is up with stuff randomly disappearing after a fight? After dealing with a bunch of enemies, they're not all there to loot? I killed three dudes in a field yesterday, one of them was a Cult VIP or whatever they're called, so it took a little while to get him down, but afterward, the other had disappeared, and so had the hostage that I was going to liberate. Then, in the same field, I noticed a cultist driving around in a tractor. I shot him, he fell out, and then after turning around to pick up some stuff in a shed near me, I then headed out to get the tractor and it was gone! Like seriously, what the hell is up with that?

Soldato
What the hell is up with stuff randomly disappearing after a fight? After dealing with a bunch of enemies, they're not all there to loot? I killed three dudes in a field yesterday, one of them was a Cult VIP or whatever they're called, so it took a little while to get him down, but afterward, the other had disappeared, and so had the hostage that I was going to liberate. Then, in the same field, I noticed a cultist driving around in a tractor. I shot him, he fell out, and then after turning around to pick up some stuff in a shed near me, I then headed out to get the tractor and it was gone! Like seriously, what the hell is up with that?

Yeah I have noticed that too. Also when you liberate an area and you've taken down multiple baddies it then does that little celebration and people come back and then all the dead bodies, weapons, ammo are gone completely. Why is that?

Soldato
Yeah I have noticed that too. Also when you liberate an area and you've taken down multiple baddies it then does that little celebration and people come back and then all the dead bodies, weapons, ammo are gone completely. Why is that?

Yeah I was going to mention that as well. You have no way of knowing whether you're about to liberate the area, so you can't then go and gather what's dropped before finishing off the rest. Nevermind that if you don't finish them off quickly anyway, they just call in an endless stream of reinforcements. I had one last night where someone in a tower was using an awesome sniper rifle and I wanted to see what it was, but ended up killing the last person in the area and it then liberated it. It's a pretty rubbish mechanic to be honest.

And I also forgot about the respawning of enemies. In that example of mine above where I was in the field taking down the Cultist VIP, after that fight, and all the bodies disappeared, I went into the shed that was in the middle of the field, and whilst I was trying to loot the stuff inside it, I heard voices, followed by gunshots. I looked out the window to find three cultists, one of them training the other two on weapon usage, firing at a body that was strung up on a pole. It was after killing these three that I then noticed the tractor dude that I took out after that. This whole thing happened within mere minutes. The respawns are absolutely crazy.

Back
Top Bottom