• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Permabanned
for some reason i think marvel guardinan game will also create ruckus :D yeah nvidia brand but dunno, just a hunch. game seems very good, like nextgen like. it distincts itself from current games that already maxes out 8-10 gb at 4k so i m curious

nvidia's software team is like zzzzzzzzzz they so slow these days

Caporegime
@Purgatory I wasn't specifically referring to you with the part you quoted (in green) from my post. You've been largely inactive on this thread, but others with lower tier GPUs have not.

That said, you were being emotional posting memes as a response, never mind that everything in your post was absolutely false.

I know I won't change your mind and that's fine, so just ignore this response but I was not ignoring you just been busy working and benchmarking today.

Soldato
@Purgatory I wasn't specifically referring to you with the part you quoted (in green) from my post. You've been largely inactive on this thread, but others with lower tier GPUs have not.

That said, you were being emotional posting memes as a response, never mind that everything in your post was absolutely false.

I know I won't change your mind and that's fine, so just ignore this response but I was not ignoring you just been busy working and benchmarking today.

You know I was teasing you right ? The memes were a joke. ( I wasn't ignoring too, was getting my second dose of the COVID vaccine, 3 hours waiting in the cold....)

But the rest I said about companies doing the silly dirty tricks I'm not fine with, as it harms the users/customers this behaviour no matter who the company is, you have known me here long enough to take jabs at all these companies at some point and also when they do good I'm shouting about it too. As you also know I'm a technology enthusiast and have no fanboy mentality to any of these companies, to them we are nothing more than $ signs and who can tempt us to buy their wares, but I prefer they play ethically and not put the customers of theirs and their competitors customers at a disadvantage because of so called business, that's not business that's just dirty practices and should be dealt with and be called out on it.

Honestly best way to deal with it is to ask for a refund when they do such things on the software they do these things on, Ubisoft has lost me as a customer so I hope it was worth it and I'm sure I will not be the only one after the dust settles on this. Even reviewers were calling Assassin's Creed Valhalla an anomaly when they did their benchmarks of GPUs and when working out the average gains versus another GPU they would remove it from the averages as it was clearly Anti-Nvidia to make AMDS average game scores look higher. If you want examples of such reviews I will list them and the youtube reviews. Honestly this round of GPUS AMD has sunk to a new low and normally I would be hammering Nvidia for this behaviour (the Gimp Works Kings, it was so good it gimped their own older cards worse than AMDS :cry:), but this time Nvidia at least gave many customers msrp FE cards and what did AMD do nothing they gave us gimped games to make their competitors hardware look worse than it really is.Also remember without the FE pricing at msrp the AIB cards would have been even more expensive and same with AMD GPUS, the so called top tier 6900xt was meant to be $999 ... Do you know anyone that got one at that in the UK ? I can't name one person I know that managed to get one at MSRP, they all paid a minimum of 50% more to 100%+ more.

God help us with Intel sponsored titles coming soon, the gimping kings and benchmarks designed to only work well on their hardware. If you don't call it out now with AMD and Nvidia ... expect worse to come soon via Intel now in the DGPU market.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You know I was teasing you right ?

But the rest I said about companies doing the silly dirty tricks I'm not fine with, as it harms the users/customers this behaviour no matter who the company is, you have known me here long enough to take jabs at all these companies at some point and also when they do good I'm shouting about it too. As you also know I'm a technology enthusiast and have no fanboy mentality to any of these companies, to them we are nothing more than $ signs and who can tempt us to buy their wares, but I prefer they play ethically and not put the customers of theirs and their competitors customers at a disadvantage because of so called business, that's not business that's just dirty practices and should be dealt with and be called out on it.

Honestly best way to deal with it is to ask for a refund when they do such things on the software they do these things on, Ubisoft has lost me as a customer so I hope it was worth it and I'm sure I will not be the only one after the dust settles on this. Even reviewers were calling Assassin's Creed Valhalla an anomaly when they did their benchmarks of GPUs and when working out the average gains versus another GPU they would remove it from the averages as it was clearly Anti-Nvidia to make AMDS average game scores look higher. If you want examples of such reviews I will list them and the youtube reviews. Honestly this round of GPUS AMD has sunk to a new low and normally I would be hammering Nvidia for this behaviour, but this time Nvidia at least gave many customers msrp FE cards and what did AMD do nothing they gave us gimped games to make their competitors hardware look worse than it really is.Also remember without the FE pricing at msrp the AIB cards would have been even more expensive and same with AMD GPUS, the so called top tier 6900xt was meant to be $999 ... Do you know anyone that got one at that in the UK ? I can't name one person I know that managed to get one at MSRP, they all paid a minimum of 50% more to 100%+ more.

God help us with Intel sponsored titles coming soon, the gimping kings and benchmarks designed to only work well on their hardware. If you don't call it out now with AMD and Nvidia ... expect the worse to come soon via Intel now on the DGPU market.
Okay, but don't expect any meaningful debate if your response is to post pictures/memes and or troll. I know you don't normally do this, but don't drop to other peoples levels. :p

You have no proof of that though. Why has Ubisoft lost you as a customer? Because RDNA2 GPUs are faster than Ampere in a few games? That's daft.

RDNA2 is faster than Ampere in multiple games, just look at the massacre going on in the Firestrike and Timespy threads. Heavy on raster? RDNA2 will win more often than not. Heavy on RT, Ampere will win more often than not.

It is what it is. That does not mean you should boycott a game or company because of it.

Some of my favourite games are Nvidia sponsored and have RT included. I just disable those effects and enjoy the game with good FPS.

I would not boycott a game/company because they partnered with Nvidia to include RT which favours their graphics cards. Don't get emotionally involved, its daft and you should know better.

Honestly this round of GPUS AMD has sunk to a new low

I just can't take you seriously when you say stuff like this. It makes debate pointless since you are coming from a position of absolute absurdity that I can't see any benefit in engaging with someone that has such ridiculous opinions.

Also remember without the FE pricing at msrp the AIB cards would have been even more expensive and same with AMD GPUS, the so called top tier 6900xt was meant to be $999 ... Do you know anyone that got one at that in the UK ? I can't name one person I know that managed to get one at MSRP, they all paid a minimum of 50% more to 100%+ more.
This has nothing to do with the thread topic. That's a different discussion entirely. :confused:

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
RDNA2 is faster than Ampere in multiple games, just look at the massacre going on in the Firestrike and Timespy threads. Heavy on raster? RDNA2 will win more often than not. Heavy on RT, Ampere will win every single time.
Fixed :D

Some of my favourite games are Nvidia sponsored and have RT included. I just disable those effects and enjoy the game with good FPS.
Exactly, people should just not download the HD Texture pack and enjoy it. Why are people making such a big deal about the HD Texture pack??

:p:D;)

Caporegime
Since when does Firestrike and Timespy threads equate to game performance? :p It's pretty evenly matched, nvidia win some, lose some, amd win some, lose some. I wouldn't exactly say either one really "massacres" each other, well except for ray tracing titles where you don't have FSR but I digress..... :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Since when does Firestrike and Timespy threads equate to game performance? :p It's pretty evenly matched, nvidia win some, lose some, amd win some, lose some. I wouldn't exactly say either one really "massacres" each other, well except for ray tracing titles where you don't have FSR but I digress..... :p
Let him have a win man... Do you know how many years it has taken AMD to come out top on one of those benchmarks? :p

I enjoy benchmarks for a bit of fun but at the end of the day ingame performance is what matters. AMD really did well catching up with RDNA2 and I am hoping they smash Nvidia with RDNA 3 personally :D

Feels like this has been said before...
I am sure a lot of things have been said before and we are going round and round in circles in this thread :D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Let him have a win man... Do you know how many years it has taken AMD to come out top on one of those benchmarks? :p

I enjoy benchmarks for a bit of fun but at the end of the day ingame performance is what matters. AMD really did well catching up with RDNA2 and I am hoping they smash Nvidia with RDNA 3 personally :D

I am sure a lot of things have been said before and we are going round and round in circles in this thread :D

Let's fess up.. if we had both scored the 6800XT on release for MSRP we would be shouting over his shoulder with large wooden spoons! :p

Caporegime

Hehe true :p

But yup, if it weren't for a shoddy release from amd, I probably would have had a 6800(xt) but alas it wasn't meant to be and with ray tracing plus dlss, I don't have any regrets now.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom