Far Cry 6

Soldato
As for FC6 - I think I'll get the finished product right about when it becomes half price. As like all new games, paying full retail for a beta (which is the norm) is madness.

Some of the reviews say without texture pack the graphics are FC1 level - with the HD pack making it the same as FC5. JUst a poorly released beta. It'll get fixed/optimized no doubt.
Beta ? Come on man. I’ve played for many hours and haven’t had any bugs yet.

nothing like the cyberpunk fiasco. Now that was a beta.

Soldato
Beta ? Come on man. I’ve played for many hours and haven’t had any bugs yet.

nothing like the cyberpunk fiasco. Now that was a beta.

Nah 2077 was Alpha :D, so much so they couldn't even release the PS5 console version.

PC - no better graphics than 5 after a HD texture pack taking high amounts of VRAM to run it. The game without the texture pack is no better than FC1. SO sounds like it needs optimizing. Otherwise to play this game at 4k you need a 16GB card for it to look no better than FC5. Either give me amazing textures and great advancement over FC5 to help me see the 16GB requirement of VRAM - or fix the game.

Soldato
Nah 2077 was Alpha :D, so much so they couldn't even release the PS5 console version.
Indeed. I got suckered into buying it for PS4. Got a refund though. :) bought ghost of Tsushima for ps5 instead with the refund.

anyhoo, I still think FC6 is a good game, and have had fun exploring it so far !

Soldato
Does anyone else think the weapon balance in the game is absolute bobbins? I'm finding that the only useful weapons are the M16S and a 9mm pistol, both of which i've silenced.

I basically wander around headshotting guys, however when I want to play more of an action role, none of the weapons are any good.

For example, the Sniper rifle I have takes 3 headshots to take down a guard? 3 Head Shots! WTF?

The sub machine guns are pointless, point blank range, some guys can take a full clip from an MP5, the 9mm pistol you find on the beach, one shot to the face?

Soldato
Does anyone else think the weapon balance in the game is absolute bobbins? I'm finding that the only useful weapons are the M16S and a 9mm pistol, both of which i've silenced.

I basically wander around headshotting guys, however when I want to play more of an action role, none of the weapons are any good.

For example, the Sniper rifle I have takes 3 headshots to take down a guard? 3 Head Shots! WTF?

The sub machine guns are pointless, point blank range, some guys can take a full clip from an MP5, the 9mm pistol you find on the beach, one shot to the face?
I put armour penetrating bullets on all guns regardless. I found that works for any enemy regardless. Don’t use soft target rounds. They’re useless.

you’ll eventually come across the bow and compound bow which are awesome. I also found the SVD last night. Semi auto sniper is so overkill :D I don’t use smgs unless I run out of ammo.edit. The Mac 10 is fun to use even though the power of it is quite abysmal. It sounds awesome though.

Soldato

Yep I agree most weapons are pants.
Trying to figure out the point of the incendiary rounds as they do so little damage.
I having a lot of trouble getting into this game.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I think they want to force you to use the mods, but it turns out armour piercing is a must really and your correct the sniper rifle and sub-machines offer no value (at least early on). Once you get the special weapons the regular ones become pointless too.

I guess if you want a challenge dont use the awesome ones in the chests. I was going to get uber ones recommended on tuber covered vids then I caught myself on as one shotting everything will get boring very quick.

Going to stick to taking my time and playing in small bursts to keep enjoying it.

Soldato
Am I doing something wrong here, or is the game just absolutely terrible?
I seemed have tried ALL the settings and these are the graphics that I get, and that's when it running at 60-70 fps and not jumping wildly all over the place and freezing.
It's not as if I'm running it on a potato (3080, 5800x & 32GB RAM)..

MvhsB0x.jpg
9qVvdfZ.jpg

Soldato
Just been noodling around in the game, about 35% done by stats. Half my kills are headshots so far with favourite weapons

- bow
- shotgun with extra aim damage + extra body damage
- MG for helicopter kills
- silenced 1911 pistol

A lot of the weapons just feel like cheat mode really, the AI isn't that good so snipers are OP

Soldato
I seemed have tried ALL the settings and these are the graphics that I get, and that's when it running at 60-70 fps and not jumping wildly all over the place and freezing.

That is not normal, I get beautiful sharp textures and great graphics on my end.
HD textures ON, RT OFF, everything ultra, shadows high, CAS sharpening on, 2880x1620, FSR off.
60fps stable on RTX 2080Ti and Ryzen 2700X. Using the latest drivers via GF Experience.

Soldato
I did dl the latest drivers after my first post, but turned off DXR reflections and shadows, and turned on CAS.
Everything else is set to ultra with HD textures on, in 3840x2160, and now its running perfectly and at 90+ FPS..
GPU is running cooler as well :)

jQyXFTD.jpg

Last edited:

ne0

ne0

Associate
No probs on my system at all but I've seen up to 22gb of vram used with this game which is just stupid and surely unnecessary.

The TAA is also horrendous and muddies the crap out of everything so I've resorted to using the in game resolution scaler + SMAA which gives a much clearer and more immersive image.

Soldato
Anyone found the little buggy/microlight ? :D it’s great Fun to zip about on, and with the press of a button your parachute comes out and you can fly with it. (Unfortunately you can still get shot down by AA sites)

Soldato
much romantic, wow

farcry6screenshot2021uckfj.png

farcry6screenshot2021c7knn.png

farcry6screenshot2021txjcg.png

farcry6screenshot20214tjau.png

farcry6screenshot2021gcjfx.png

Associate
So without reading the whole thread because its BIG and i cant be bothered lol is this a worthy buy? would people say its better or worse than farcry 4 and 5?

Really want a new game but dont know what to buy

Thanks

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
My take on it is most games are not worth the original asking price, so this being £50 = no. Like most others really (CP, HZD).

However you can use tokens if you have ubisoft account, and I could get it down to £40 if I bought it through their launcher/account.

Then you have CD-keys sites which vary day to day but generally its about £41 as its so new but will drop over the weeks.

Finally you can try MM where people will sell the game code if they bought a CPU/SSD and dont want the game, generally going for £30.

For £30 the game is worth it IMO. Had quite a lot of fun so far and probably better because I have not played any of the previous versions so it doesn't feel like rinse/repeat, its totally new to me. If you have played 5,4,3 etc then its up to you.

Back
Top Bottom