1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry 6

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Poneros, 10 Jul 2020.

1. TNA

Capodecina

Haha. Just not a fan of that company or EA so they rarely get any of my money.

2. Kronos

Catwalker

I find the whole crappy weapons a bit of a mystery. Why when you take out a sniper can you not get his weapon which gas got to be better than the useless short range rubbish I have?
    Worst FC game for me for many reasons.

3. TNA

Capodecina

You are wrong @Poneros says it is the best :p

4. Poneros

Soldato

That's funny considering even the starting weapons are really strong and easy to mod for whatever playstyle you want. I say that because it's exactly what I did, modded a scope and silencer for long(er)-range assassinations on the starting rifle. Really wouldn't have expected that complaint. I much more empathise with @ZXSpectrum 's grievances with the game as I get how you might want more of X/Y/Z like before and they're not as prevalent now, that's subjective and understandable (even if I care less about those myself). I say it's the best because of how well it's made overall & how streamlined and focused the gameplay is now. All steak, no sizzle.

5. Woodsta888

Wise Guy

Graphics are demonstrably leaps and bounds beyond FC5 too, requiring all that VRAM.

6. TNA

Capodecina

:D

7. gpuerrilla

Capodecina

Salt.

8. TNA

Capodecina

:cry::D

9. gpuerrilla

Capodecina

Cant twist your arm and not worth the effort, but would be much better feedback if we had your opinion after playing it for a few hours on the 3070 setup without the texture pack! ;) :) I understand your another very pro CP player. But likewise, my opinion on CP doesn't matter as I have not played it, except this is a farcry thread so.. :)

10. TNA

Capodecina

Was considering getting the Ubisoft sub to play it and Valhala but changed my mind. I am sure I will get round to it one day, but got quite a few games installed right now that I want to complete and the urge to play Far Cry 6 and Valhalla kind of waning.

We can always revisit this in about a year. By then CP2077 will have had the next gen update and FC6 should be all patched up too. Oh and I will be on a 4070/4080 that should have at least 16GB VRAM which should also offer same or better performance than your 3090 :p:D;)

11. gpuerrilla

Capodecina

Absolutely! After all we are all gamers! Its my money and all that!

I will definitely check out CP after FC, have completed valhalla so waiting for the DLC packs to drop some more before finishing them as they wont take too long. I have a backlog of Metro enhanced, Odyssey and Origins I picked up for next to nothing too. :D

12. TNA

Capodecina

Completed Metro Enhanced. Was not as fun as I would have liked, but well worth the playthrough if you enjoyed the previous games.

I think as you have waited this long, might as well wait a bit more for the inevitable next gen update which should bring more fixes, polish and content to CP. Not that it is lacking content, I spent around 100 hours on it as I recall. I am waiting for that update and a expansion pack before I play again. Get the feeling we won’t see an expansion pack until next year this time so I will probably be on a next gen card by then.

13. gpuerrilla

Capodecina

14. THX1138

Gangster

Had you already play metro before they enhanced it and then played again.

15. TNA

Capodecina

No I just played enhanced somewhat recently.

16. Kronos

Catwalker

The game updated today and I get as far as the option screen before it crashes to desktop anyone has similar?

17. Digital X

Sgarrista

@Kronos Just viewed all categories in the options menu and got in game for a little bit with no crashes.

Trying verifying the files. I'm using Ubisoft+.

18. Kronos

Catwalker

Verified files and was told it needed to do a repair. Will check it out later.