Far Cry 6

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I still think you are overthinking all this. Unless I am imagining it you have either tagged me or mentioned me multiple times when CP2077 comes up, pretty sure one or two were in the other far cry thread. I could be imagining things though as I do sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep so I pick up the iPad. At any rate, no big deal, was just pulling your leg, sorry if I got it wrong on this occasion.

Your overthinking this now lol. Yeah it was same fellas like dog with a bone, then they sidestep gas lighting like they didnt bring it into the conversation. :p ;)

Soldato
OP
Finished this.

60 hours, doing everything.

It is way too long. I enjoyed it a lot first 30-40 hours, but then I wanted it to be over.
Some stuff is great improvement over FC5/ND - finally my protagonist spoke again and was actually quite likeable. Finally nice (though ridiculous) healing animations are back. Finally dynamic weather is back.
Sidemissions and treasure hunts were almost all great, handcrafted, creative. Main missions were mostly good too. Yara is quite beautiful.

The copypasted checkpoints and bases...not so great. Or millions useless collectibles. And yeah, it is still too much Ubisoft: The Game.

I wish it had some kind of survival mode (no I haven’t played Primal yet) that would focus on immersion, eliminate most HUD and made surviving and building the Libertad organization hard and challenging process. That would make ammo a precious commodity. That would make every weapon upgrade and car upgrade meaningful. That would make vehicles use gasoline so finding gasoline would actually be useful. That would force me to sleep/eat/drink or suffer consequences. That would limit healing possibilities and made the buffs you can unlock actually useful. Etc etc.

It was just too easy, casual, arcadey with meaningless progressions systems. And then there is the cringe woke nonsense to boot.

The game is definitely quite streamlined, which is a good aspect because it allows you to play it more easily, jump in/out immediately, allows the devs to more easily polish the experience, but it's also detrimental the more you play it because you get accustomed to what there is to do and also simply want more. I "only" have 41hr and almost finished, having captured plenty of areas in all regions but it's definitely getting to the point where I'll be done with it soon (in general), probably by the 50hr mark.

It's strange about the woke cringe, it doesn't really start off that way and having done North first and worked my way down, it then starts getting more prevalent. It's weird because on the one hand you have very serious subject matter treatment such as all the torture and repression (like the live humans getting cast in molten metal), to then having essentially tik-tok segments from the characters and typical American dialogue ("that's for fair skinned Yarans not us..", to "omg they made fun of my vegan-ness" etc). It's still not too bad but it does detract from the experience, usually Ubisoft is very middle of the road with it so it's bearable at least. They'll never reach the quality of a KCD, but eh, can't expect much more from mainstream AAA western studios these days sadly.

Associate
60 hours is not to
Finished this.

60 hours, doing everything.

It is way too long. I enjoyed it a lot first 30-40 hours, but then I wanted it to be over.
Some stuff is great improvement over FC5/ND - finally my protagonist spoke again and was actually quite likeable. Finally nice (though ridiculous) healing animations are back. Finally dynamic weather is back.
Sidemissions and treasure hunts were almost all great, handcrafted, creative. Main missions were mostly good too. Yara is quite beautiful.

The copypasted checkpoints and bases...not so great. Or millions useless collectibles. And yeah, it is still too much Ubisoft: The Game.

I wish it had some kind of survival mode (no I haven’t played Primal yet) that would focus on immersion, eliminate most HUD and made surviving and building the Libertad organization hard and challenging process. That would make ammo a precious commodity. That would make every weapon upgrade and car upgrade meaningful. That would make vehicles use gasoline so finding gasoline would actually be useful. That would force me to sleep/eat/drink or suffer consequences. That would limit healing possibilities and made the buffs you can unlock actually useful. Etc etc.

It was just too easy, casual, arcadey with meaningless progressions systems. And then there is the cringe woke nonsense to boot.

60 hour is ok reasonable value for a play through

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I would have been gutted spending £50 on this, but then again most titles at this price I baulk at. I generally wait till they are around £30 before I bite on PC games. As I got this with an SSD purchase I feel less hard done by and enjoyed much of it so far. Having not played previous farcry's will do me good so I dont have that negative vibe of it being a repeat of one of the previous releases.

Associate
I would have been gutted spending £50 on this, but then again most titles at this price I baulk at. I generally wait till they are around £30 before I bite on PC games. As I got this with an SSD purchase I feel less hard done by and enjoyed much of it so far. Having not played previous farcry's will do me good so I dont have that negative vibe of it being a repeat of one of the previous releases.

I just get uplay+ for £12.99, play for a month and move onto something else

Soldato
I just downloaded the 18GB patch and the game just crashes when I go to continue in game, lol patch a game and break it, you could not make it up.

Soldato
I had some funnies with the game actually not launching post-patch. Even after verifying the files. I had to turn off the overlay and chat features within the Ubisoft app. Then it worked straight away. Slightly different issue to what you are facing but worth a shot!

Soldato
I had some funnies with the game actually not launching post-patch. Even after verifying the files. I had to turn off the overlay and chat features within the Ubisoft app. Then it worked straight away. Slightly different issue to what you are facing but worth a shot!

Cheers. I verified the files which then came back with errors to repair which I did that led to another 8.73GB download lol and it worked. Played for an hour with no problems.

Soldato
Well i've completed it. I know there is no multiplayer and maybe I'm harking back to Skyrim/Fallout too much but for an openworld game there isn't much variety. 30 odd hours to 100% and I took my time.

Soldato
Yeah I seen similar on valhalla where some people just played the main storyline then stopped. If you do some of the sidequests and extra features you can sink tons more into it!

Currently on 72% and 48hrs.

I've done all the Yara local stories even the animal ones. To be fair I've not hunted every animal or caught every fish!

Soldato
My playthrough in which I took over every base/antiaircraft/checkpoint and did all sidequests and treasure hunts took me exactly 60 hours according to uplay.

Back
Top Bottom