Far Cry 6

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Says on the instructions:

Please note that the minimum requirement for running the HD Texture Pack for Far Cry 6 is 12GB of VRAM. For 4K configurations, you will need 16GB of VRAM.

** If you download and run the HD Texture Pack with lower VRAM capabilities, you will encounter performance issues while playing.

Last edited:
Associate
on special on steam, thoughts folks?
Been a while since I got a Farcry, think the last one was 4 and I only played a bit of it.

Well i thought the game was good when i got it on sale , so if you like past far cry games give it a go and Steam has a refund if you don't like it

never used the refund so unable to say how it works or the terms etc

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ordered it earlier and had a play. Only £12 on Steam so figured why not.

Have to say it's a bit meh IMO.

Firstly, it stealth installs ubisoft connect which then launches the game, it then remains running in the background in the system tray when you close the game so have to manually close it.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of the way the camera motion/movement works in Far Cry, seems 6 is no different to the others. There's no smooth transition from still to moving when you press WASD, it's just an instant move. Feels robotoic in a way, something that other FPS games do not exhibit.

I also don't like how you have to get right under an item to collect it, unlike other games where you can just go near it and press the button, this game you have to basically be standing on it it felt like lol.

It does look quite nice although nowhere near the fidelity of more modern games. Water doesn't have a atral look to it, and water movement feels like an animation video frame rather than fluidly dynamic. Cutscenes are using forced letterboxes, so on ultrawide you get pillarboxes thrown in meaning the cutscene is a rectangle in the middle of the screen surrounded by massive black borders.

I enabled RT shadows, reflections and HD textures mode on ultra settings. At 4586x1920 ran the benchmark and got:

fChMxWY.png

s7Ss3BZ.png

Filed the Steam refund as a result of the things I didn't like.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really did not like this and I was a big Far Cry fan, never finished it.
Me too. FC2 put me off for ages, but I caught up with 3 & 4 and enjoyed 5 and even New Dawn, despite it being the same map. Upgrading, capturing outposts, ignoring the plot, just good old fashioned survival fun. But from the start FC6 felt like someone had seen reviews of the series and decided to make their own version. A much less satisfying, slightly wrong version.

No idea where I was up to last year when I stopped playing. But at least it didn't have any "you have been caught, do not pass go, come do this tedious section... again" parts. So it's not all bad! :)

Soldato
6 was boring. They need to change it up instead of doing the same formula but in a different setting. I remember trying to do an outpost in FC 6 and it wouldnt let me because that outpost was part of a story mission...Just lazy developing all round.

Back
Top Bottom