Far Cry 6

Caporegime
At least your genuine and honest. Some folks blamed the game originally and tried to sidestep that it was user error or focus on some other distraction technique! :)

You still ignoring all the people posting about issues even with 3090s and/or even when not using the HD texture pack? Seriously, do some reading and "process" the constructive posts on the matter, it's really not hard:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...-for-your-issue-updated-23-02-2022?lang=en-US

Or better yet, go over on the forums and tell them developers to stop wasting their time looking into the reported issues as obviously you seem to know a lot about development.....

Yep, completely my fault... I think you're asked when installing if you want the HD Textures pack - I think I just said yes.

I've got it running as sweet as now, all Ultra etc. I think I have got it set but is there a specific RT setting in options for this title?

Given your GPU is 8GB VRAM, it is far too low for FC 6s HD texture pack at 1440/4k as well as RT + max settings, but as per above, I'm just curious what res. you're at and if you were using FSR?

Soldato
I did, I asked Tommy if he wanted to swap his 3080 for my 3090 but he refused. :o
Cant always apologise for hardware.. maybe @tommybhoy needs to upgrade something as its got to be his system that's lacking. Right?

Fair play to matt there, such a kind offer, but alas I ultimately **** it in case something went wrong in transit.:p

@Nexus18

At this point your trolling me with your repeatedly asked questions that Iv'e already answered multiple times now.

If you scroll down the problem list, the 'Experiencing a higher rate of stutter / FPS drops when the HD texture pack is installed' link:

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack.

If you have over 12GB VRAM but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to "High."

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
At this point your trolling me with your repeatedly asked questions that Iv'e already answered multiple times now.

Unfortunately a par for the course, a carbon copy experience months ago. I am yet to see any debunking of anything over months just spades of text with hyperlinks losing purpose as the point is lost among the waffle. One has to ask if it was a mistake the pack was installed by said person or they wondered post installation why the game was broken.

Caporegime
@Nexus18

If you scroll down the problem list, the 'Experiencing a higher rate of stutter / FPS drops when the HD texture pack is installed' link:

Using logic to pick holes in other peoples extremely weak arguments is now called trolling? :cry:

Also, no you haven't answered all of my questions, either you won't or more likely you "can't" because you have no way of being able to go against them, for example, still waiting to hear your thoughts on why there are "some" 3090 users reporting fps drops?

If you actually go and read through the threads, you will see there are various people reporting issues regardless of resolution, settings and specs, funnily though, the vast majority are nvidia users but lets also ignore that shall we.....

The very "fact" you said you get this even at 1440P with FSR and NO HD texture pack after some time shows there is an issue on your end or/and the game.... Let's take a look at the recommended specs for no HD texture pack shall we?

Recommended 2K configuration (60 FPS, Raytracing On)
Operating System Windows 10 (20H1 version or newer, 64-bit versions)
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 3.7 Ghz or Intel Core i5-10600K @ 4.1 Ghz (AVX, AVX2 and SSE 4.2 support required)
RAM 16 GB (Dual-channel mode)
Video card AMD RX 6900XT (16 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
DirectX DirectX 12
Hard Drive 60 GB available storage

So even though you exceed the requirements, you still encounter the issue after some time? But surely since you exceed the requirements, you shouldn't be having issues? Right?

Funnily, it's rather ironic as over the last 1-2 weeks on my project (whilst completely different scenarios, it will be much the same for "game" development too), we have been dealing with a performance issue for an app in production, essentially end users complaining about sluggish experience/non-responsive at times, RAM usage was pretty much maxed out, as per usual, the initial thought of everyone is oh, just add more RAM.... despite the fact that we had already done this 3 times in the past before and was far exceeding the requirements not to mention, the amount of users was limited.... so with some proper investigation i.e. monitoring and checking log files and some testing, turns out it was an issue with the "application" not managing nor clearing allocated RAM after processing of said files and usage, needless to say, we got this fixed the "proper" way by having the developers fix this on the "app" side. I would say given that the initial game released with a 16GB VRAM requirement and after said patch, dropped to 12GB VRAM, it sounds like a similar story here, at least with either the game or/and peoples configurations since it's not happening to "everyone" hence the lack of reports not to mention, not a single reputable tech site/journalist stating it....

Unfortunately a par for the course, a carbon copy experience months ago. I am yet to see any debunking of anything over months just spades of text with hyperlinks losing purpose as the point is lost among the waffle. One has to ask if it was a mistake the pack was installed by said person or they wondered post installation why the game was broken.

*yawn*

Still no substance at all I see :o

You do realise all those "hyperlinks" that you don't bother to read contain "evidence" to back up the points, right? Just like when the developers stated that they had found the issue with the texture loading/rendering and working on a fix..... Unlike your posts, always nothing worthwhile to add at all.

If your last bit is referring to me and my FC 6 experience, again, if you actually read the posts and processed what they were saying as well as retaining knowledge, you would have clearly seen my screenshots, posts etc. right from the launch of the game where I was having texture rendering issues to it being fixed with the pack as well as never facing the same fps drops that Tommy has got "unless", I enabled rebar, didn't use FSR, max settings at 4k.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRyIQoB0h4lyiB68jTNlOPg

But nah, lets keep the fingers in the ears and only believe what you want to believe :cry:

The roughly marked out red lines on the map, is there anything you need to do to capture that area etc.?

You need to destroy the military bases, checkpoints, looks like artillery, cannons and gates.

Soldato
You need to destroy the military bases, checkpoints, looks like artillery, cannons and gates.
Thanks! I captured a Checkpoint okay, that's gone blue but after destroying an Anti Aircraft gun for example, that area has remained red? The same with a tobacco farm. I disabled the alarm, took everyone out but its still red...

Soldato
To clarify for anyone interested in regards to running the HD texture pack, I'm not getting stutters, I'm getting fps drops to low single digits as the 10Gb 3080 doesn't meet the minimum requirements@4K:

Running max settings with HD textures disabled it runs totally fine.

Caporegime
Thanks! I captured a Checkpoint okay, that's gone blue but after destroying an Anti Aircraft gun for example, that area has remained red? The same with a tobacco farm. I disabled the alarm, took everyone out but its still red...

I can't remember exactly but I think areas encompassed by red is mainly just AA weaponry to stop you from parachuting in so there might be a few other ones you need to do? You might have to "discover" them by exploring the map, as said though, been a while since I played so can't remember exactly.

To clarify for anyone interested in regards to running the HD texture pack, I'm not getting stutters, I'm getting fps drops to low single digits as the 10Gb 3080 doesn't meet the minimum requirements@4K:

Running max settings with HD textures disabled it runs totally fine.

So just to clarify, that is "properly" fixed on your end now then?

kHqf75b.png

2nilZm3.png

As in, you don't have to restart the game at all now?

If so, is that since adding the extra RAM? Or/and the CPU upgrade?

And for everyone, I suggest you try it yourself as it appears to only be 2 people across all of the internet experiencing this issue....

Soldato
Decided to buy this with the nice discount going on for £21, I don't see why the HD texture pack has such a massive VRAM requirement, It's barely an upgrade over Far Cry 5's HD texture pack which used around 8GB at 4K max settings.

Soldato
It runs fine on my system at 1440p.
I only turned off the HD texture pack as it was causing the sides of certain buildings to strobe/flash in a distracting way, but other than that it ran smooth and looked great.
OK I have to run it on high rather than ultra settings but the difference seems minimal in terms of graphics quality.

Assassins creed valhalla is a better game though, and essentially the same, just with vikings rather than communists

Back
Top Bottom