Farming Simulator 19 - Just Popped Up On Steam!

Associate
It's called pre-ordering? Was there anything else you'd like to contribute to the thread, or did you just come in to make that one useless comment?

On a separate note, I might actually consider pre-ordering this time around because at £29.99, if the game is anything like 17, it'll be well worth the money. Farming Simulator 17 was a very well-polished title and the mods you can download really expand the playability of the game. With Steam refunds in place as well, I don't see it being much of a risk but I do think that it might jump up in price as time goes on.

There we have it, the games companies have normalized massive lead times on games. I suppose 4 months is nothing in comparison to the years on Star Citizen.

Soldato
OP
There we have it, the games companies have normalized massive lead times on games. I suppose 4 months is nothing in comparison to the years on Star Citizen.

So it was just a dig about a game pre-order. It's four months away, not almost a year away like some developers do. And to be honest, GIANTS have a reputation for good games and I don't put them into the same category as some developers that have let gamers down.

Anyway, if you're not interested in the game, why are you in here?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
It's an incremental bi-annual release like their previous games with previous track record much like sport games. I don't think 4 months pre-order is so terrible. Some will want to jump on the latest update and some might want to get in on the hype now instead of spending money on the old version. It puts the new game out in front of people sooner so those people will not feel aggrieved buying the old game 4 months before the new if they found it organically on Steam etc without research.

Anyway, I very nearly bought 17, but the engine updates look very promising for 19. I'd like something chill to play, especially with a newborn imminent, will deffo be taking a look at this. I also fancy getting into modding if it's still supported.

Soldato
Think this will be going on the wishlist. I just picked up FS 2017 for £7.99 in the current sale and it is... massively compelling!

Only played a couple of the tutorials plus made a start harvesting and ploughing on the big Russian farm, but I'm hooked. Was going to spend 30 mins on it last night and ended up over an hour.

The downside though is my missus complaining about West Country sounding gurgles coming from the computer room, plus the occasional rendition of "We plough the fields..." and various abstractions from the Wurzels' back collection, as I drive the harvester and tractors around.

Need to see if there are any mods or official DLC that add British style farms to it - shame there's not an editor with it (unless I haven't come across it yet).

Soldato
Another +1 for this. I think I paid £25-ish for 17 and I've got hundreds of hours in it so 19 will be a natural buy, and I'll likely be getting the same value out of it. It's a great relaxing game (as are ETS2/ATS which I have over 1000 hours combined in) and the value is always high for me.

Soldato
Hopefully the mods/maps for FS17 will work in FS19. As above, I got Oakfield up and running last night and what an amazing piece of work. Starts you off with more equipment than the two default maps and a massive field of wheat ready for harvesting.

BTW is there an official FS17 thread on here, which would be more appropriate to discuss the current game? Looking and using search but not finding..!

Soldato
OP
Think this will be going on the wishlist. I just picked up FS 2017 for £7.99 in the current sale and it is... massively compelling!

Only played a couple of the tutorials plus made a start harvesting and ploughing on the big Russian farm, but I'm hooked. Was going to spend 30 mins on it last night and ended up over an hour.

The downside though is my missus complaining about West Country sounding gurgles coming from the computer room, plus the occasional rendition of "We plough the fields..." and various abstractions from the Wurzels' back collection, as I drive the harvester and tractors around.

Need to see if there are any mods or official DLC that add British style farms to it - shame there's not an editor with it (unless I haven't come across it yet).

Have a look at the mod hub built into the game menu. There's loads of stuff in there, including a bunch of British maps. Oakfield is lovely, so is Sandy Bay. Lawfolds, set in Aberdeenshire, is also a good map.

Not to mention the huge amount of additional vehicles and equipment that you have access to on the hub as well. You can download new and even vintage equipment which makes for an interesting game, as well as mods for seasons and winter. There's a huge amount to the game and it's such a relaxing game to play for a bit. My four year old loves it, he plays it on my PC or on my Xbox (I've got it on both) depending on whether I want to play something too, and he's actually really good at it!

Soldato
OP
Hopefully the mods/maps for FS17 will work in FS19. As above, I got Oakfield up and running last night and what an amazing piece of work. Starts you off with more equipment than the two default maps and a massive field of wheat ready for harvesting.

BTW is there an official FS17 thread on here, which would be more appropriate to discuss the current game? Looking and using search but not finding..!

It's not really marked as official, but it has been the busiest thread for Farming Simulator 17, so have a look in there. Only six pages though. I kinda feel like people are missing out on an amazing experience. One thing that it's done for me is it's made me so much more aware of just how hard farming in the real world must be, and I am constantly on the lookout for tractors, harvesters etc trying to identify them when I'm out an about. Living in Yorkshire, there's a huge amount of farm land around and my boy loves seeing all the tractors and harvesters at work. They've been out in force with the recent good weather!

Anyway, the thread is https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/farming-simulator-17.18753250/page-6.

Soldato
Never played a Farming Sim game before but for some reason i've always had the urge to play one.

I think the reason I haven't is because I just imagine it's like grinding in an RPG....but constantly?

Man of Honour
Never played a Farming Sim game before but for some reason i've always had the urge to play one.

I think the reason I haven't is because I just imagine it's like grinding in an RPG....but constantly?

Its a weird thing really, I used to scoff at the Farming Simulator titles, I'd point at them and laugh at the concept. I'd think , what sort of loon plays a farming simulator game.

Then...I played one.

And absolutely loved it. All the while my brain was telling me, I shouldnt like this, I really shouldnt. And yet, I did. I liked it a lot! I found it amazingly relaxing and theraputic even lol

Soldato
OP
Its a weird thing really, I used to scoff at the Farming Simulator titles, I'd point at them and laugh at the concept. I'd think , what sort of loon plays a farming simulator game.

Then...I played one.

And absolutely loved it. All the while my brain was telling me, I shouldnt like this, I really shouldnt. And yet, I did. I liked it a lot! I found it amazingly relaxing and theraputic even lol

It's just that. So chilled out and relaxing, you can just sit inside a combine and harvest a field, but the management side of things and all the other stuff that you can do makes for a very interesting game. But still, tractors and harvesters are at the heart of the game, and it does that so well! Working toward your next big upgrade can be very satisfying, especially when you get it and see how of a difference it makes!

Soldato
I'm like most who play the game - saw a demo, laughed out loud, downloaded so the laughing continued, then 15 minutes later I'd bought the full game and the laughing was well behind me. That was FS2011, which looked pretty terrible compared to the last couple of games - I think back then they had 3 or 4 developers (they now have around 50) and I think only one real brand (FS17 had over 70 brands as I remember, and there will be more in FS19).

The Gamescom trailer for FS19 was revealed today and it looks fantastic.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, I didn't notice that the Gamescom trailer had been posted. I've just updated the original post with a few videos, the new trailer included. Very excited now. I've also already pre-ordered because I know it'll be worth it, especially at £29.99. That's a reasonable price for a game with this much replayability, especially in today's market.

Soldato
OP
Didn't know you can ride horses, that's cool.

There's a mod for a horse in 17. My four year old found and installed it the other day. I was wondering what on earth he was doing because he was just running around fields with a horse that was pulling a cart. When I asked him he said "just riding around on my new horse!" Yep, awesome!

Back
Top Bottom