Farming Simulator 19 - Just Popped Up On Steam!

Soldato
It's getting some bad reviews on Steam, average review is mixed at the moment.

I was looking for something completely left field, maybe I'll hold off for some proper thoughts on the game in here first.

Yeah there seems to be some push back on what has actually been added but its always the same when they release a new version.

Soldato
Tried this briefly but refunded. Seems so much inferior to FS17 - even vanilla. Vehicles have no inertia - running downhill with a tractor and loaded wagon I had to keep the throttle depressed or the consist came to a stop. No pictorial list of the equipment next to the map overview as in FS17. The environment might appear better but the vehicles are poorly textured and look like Tonka toys or similar.

I shall keep an eye on it from the sidelines and see if anything improves, at which point it might be worth a fresh punt at sale price.

The overall impression (to me) was of a still unfinished beta version which has been rushed out to comply with a publisher deadline.

Man of Honour
People are unironically talking about buying and playing this?

Bizzaro universe?

:D

To be fair, I played Farming Simulator 17 last year and I liked it, although parts of me said that I really shouldnt be liking a game about farming, I actually enjoyed it and found it quite relaxing. Was quite hyped for this but the very mixed signals I have been reading about it are making me think it might be a better purchase somewhere down the road.

Soldato
Yeah, it's not been a smooth launch, but the first couple of patches will sort out most of the issues.

People are unironically talking about buying and playing this?

Bizzaro universe?

It's along the same lines as ETS/ATS in that it's a play it at your own pace kind of game.

It's 16th on Steam's current player charts, and that doesn't include those who buy direct from GIANTS (a significant proportion) or those who buy it on disc as the keys aren't interchangeable.

Soldato
Anyone know if retail "DVD" edition comes with a Steam key please?

Also, picked up the Logitech/Saitek Farm Sim controller bundle for the nippa as a Christmas present, anyone with experience of using one with Farm Sim/ETS, thoughts?

Soldato
Using a wheel, there is a massive dead zone in the tractors but the wheel itself tests fine in Windows but I see no celibration/zone settings ingame.

Any pointers please?

Thanks.

Associate
You can only access the controller axis/deadzone from the main menu.
It's inaccessible once you load the map up.
So from the main menu
Select options
Then select the gamepad icon.
Then switch devices to cycle to the wheel and padals.
They will probably be at 14%
The steering should be axis #5

Associate
I am really enjoying the game, but the menus are terrible. Why can I not seem to change audio/video settings in game? I also cannot see how to go back to the menu? There is only an option to Quit Game, which just restarts the game. Seems pretty backwards.

Back
Top Bottom