• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FAULTY ATI X1900 XT-X?

Soldato
OP
Thx for responses everyone.

Hi,

have you applied any overclocks, to the card or your cpu's?

also what level have you set Anti-Aliasing to in CCC?

Have you enabled Adaptive Anti Aliasing? (this can slow down performance quite considerably)

Raja

No overclocking applied, I currently have the Omega drivers installed with all default settings, no CCC.

I don't think AAA is an in-game option in Far Cry, all available settings are on max except resolution at 1280x1024.

Power Supply should be fine, have you definately got your motherboard chipset drivers installed, is there no way you can test the card in another machine, or take it your local shop and see if they will give it a quick test for you, thats what i did when i thought my x1800 was faulty.

Failing that just RMA it, and get OcUK to test it, its not performing how it should, although if it turns out to be fine, then they'll charge you.

The best bet is as said, try and get it tested in another machine if you can, see if you can find out if its definately the card.

I have the latest chipset drivers installed.

I am afraid I do not know anybody else who has a high-end PC.

It is possible the local shop will test it for me. I will give them a call.

I am worried that it is not the card at fault in this predicament, though the wavy lines must be caused by the graphics card I assume. Maybe that alone could warrant an RMA. I would be really annoyed if I get charged for an RMA and it turns out there is nothing wrong with it.

As the some guys have already said it's most likely a driver issue.

It's possible I guess but I have tried all three different versions, all of which are the latest available. People using the same drivers have no troubles.

One thing I have noticed, is that when playing about with IRQ designation I gave the graphics card its own unique channel (it was shared with USB before). This reduced performance dramatically and in the same scene in Far Cry I had a FPS of 27. Maybe fiddling about with those more could help?

Associate
I don't use omega drivers, I'm on catalyst 6.3. AAA is in the CCC menu. I get 73 fps in that section with crossfire, and amd 4800x2. So I'd say you should be around 50 fps, not sure though????

Remeber Omega drivers are hacked, I heard of someone having bizzare fan speed issues using omegas.

Soldato
OP
I would expect to be over 60FPS at all times in Far Cry. Dropping below 10 in places is clearly an error.

There are no major difference between all 3 sets of drivers for me.

I have tried more assignments with IRQ channels but it isn't helping. :(

Soldato
OP
I tried reinstalling on the other hard drive but this didn't help whatsoever.

I have also tried with a single stick of RAM but again no improvement.

Any more ideas fellas?

Associate
hi, i'm also getting 41 fps at the same place in farcry with x1900xtx,a64 4000+,2gb corsair ram,on a8n sli mobo.my 3d mark 05 score is 10522.

Soldato
OP
Hi Gregan, that is interesting that you have a system almost identical to mine and we both have the same issue. Are you similarly amazed by how poorly it is performing for you?

Surely our systems should be running games better right?

Associate
sounds like the cpu is holding it back to some extent , both of you have 4000's..............

what level of aa and af are you guys using?

On some games they only start to really pull away at higher resolutions.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes,it seems as though the clocks are stuck in 2d mode giving our cards identical perfomance to the x800xtpe in the earlier thread.Im guessing your card is also a Connect 3D model,i brought mine 2 days before the low price deal,i dont get much luck when buying graphics cards

Associate
Hi raja, using control panel with all settings set to either application controlled or performance,in farcry 4aa 8af very high settings except water detail at ultra high.Game performance is not exactly smooth as well

Associate
ok just to prove my point on cpu speed, I turned off crossfire, I get 62-65fps at the same point.

My cpu is amd 4800X2 running at 2.53 ghz, each 100mhz ~ 5fps or so, that's why you are getting 41 fps with no overclock of the cpu, the cards are not faulty..................

Last edited:
Associate
Overclocked my cpu to 2.6 ghz earlier just for trial purposes,went back to same scene jn farcry and got 44-45fps.I still think the cards underperforming.

Soldato
OP
As far as I know Raja Far Cry does not support dual core processors so you would in fact be more CPU limited than Gregan with his overclock at 2.6Ghz.

Gregan, my card is indeed a Connect 3D one. I was also thinking that possibly it was stuck in 2D mode. Is there some way we can test this? I am going to call OcUK ASAP and see what they have to say.

Associate
Both of my cards are connect 3d

are you running Far Cry version 1.40?

With regards to dual cores, I was under the impression that the load gets shared, the developers have a choice of changing the way things are shared or seperatad by the cores. By default both cores work unless you disable one by setting the affinity to the other core, I will turn one core off and see what happens..................

Raja

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom