• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FAULTY ATI X1900 XT-X?

Soldato
Philbill said:
My 3D mark 05 score is 10650 which seems reasonable for this type of card with no overclock on an x2 4400.
Phil
Seems about right. My 4400+ @ 2.8ghz with an X1800XT 512MB hit 10250 and you are higher with stock so it's probably right :).

Associate
Thanks Smids makes me feel a little better, have to get the whole system running stable on this board before I start to overclock.
The big typhoon and stacker case are keeping the CPU at 31 deg even under load (28 idle)so I have high hopes ;)
Phil

Associate
Duel i think ive established that my clocks are working ok , simply left overdrive screen running in windows and ran a game for a short period and exited back to windows, you get a couple of seconds to view both clocks with CCC or just core clock with CP.Might be a good idea having a look at this ,could save you some money,its still performing poorly though !

Soldato
OP
I used Rivatuner and according to its Hardware Monitor my clock speeds did not increase toi 3D speeds when playing games. Maybe it got it wrong but that is what it reported.

Soldato
Duel said:
I used Rivatuner and according to its Hardware Monitor my clock speeds did not increase toi 3D speeds when playing games. Maybe it got it wrong but that is what it reported.
RivaTuner is a very reliable test on that. It's not the fist I've heard of stuck modes. Not sure what the cause is though.

Does the voltage increase at all during gaming?

Soldato
OP
I got an email from OcUK stating that a new graphics card has been sent to me so I assume it must have been faulty. :)

I will post back when I have installed the new card and let you know how it is. :D

Associate
Just a quick note for some of you guys having trouble with the lines across the screen, with me if you change the refresh rate high enough these line start to appear.

I have mine set at 60 and i don't get any, if i set it to 70 then they appear, try changing your refresh rate.

Associate
Thats great news Duel , i've spent the last week trying everything over and over again with no success, i wish i'd RMA'd my card last Monday as well now. Best of luck with the new card ,i hope this one's perfect !

Soldato
OP
Well I received my card back today and it was the same one. :(

There was no explanation so I had to call up OcUK to find out and I was told that they couldn't replicate the problems I was experiencing.

This leaves me wondering what could be the cause of my poor performance, and why RivaTuner got it wrong...

Back
Top Bottom