• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FAULTY ATI X1900 XT-X?

Associate
yes I think 1.40 is a beta.

FWIW it's very hard to get an accurate reading of fps at the point mentioned, as if you move even a little bit to the left or right the fps can go up or down by 10.

I have catalyst AI set to advanced.

Turning off one core seems to lose 3-4 fps, though I'm not quite sure as I could have moved a bit.........

Soldato
OP
I agree that at that specific moment an exact reading is difficult, but even so the card really should never get so slow that you jump from area to area because the FPS can't keep us with your movement. Not with a top-end card.

Soldato
Thats a very strange place for testing my FPS..Like in my screen shot i posted at 1920x1200 with max settings i get avg 60fps in that spot.

But if i change my settings down to 1280x1024 and turn off AA & AF and move all the sliders to performance in the ati CCC i still get the same avg 60fps in that spot . :confused:

But if i turn round 180' my fps goes up to 170fps at 1280x1024 and 92fps at 1920x1200.

Am guessing it's partly CPU limited in that spot.

Last edited:
Associate
chaparral said:
Thats a very strange place for testing my FPS..Like in my screen shot i posted at 1920x1200 with max settings i get avg 60fps in that spot.

But if i change my settings down to 1280x1024 and turn off AA & AF and move all the sliders to performance in the ati CCC i still get the same avg 60fps in that spot . :confused:

It maybe CPU limited in that spot????

Thats what always confused me about my sli set up, I get games such as BF2 running at 40fps all maxed out at high res and its playable but not smooth as silk as I would like, Obvious answer would be to disable/turn down some effects but even going down to low settings and 800x600 gives the same framerate.. I found the same now with oblivion 20fps outside with all the candy but same with everything on low :confused: I have a 3700sd clocked to 2.6?

Hope you get it sorted Duel, Im keeping an eye on this thread as im thinking of going ati.

Last edited:
Associate
Chaparral and myself, have Crossfire and our frame rates are fantastic with everything maxxed, at a a variety of resolutions. Further I'm also running Connect 3D cards.....

Even with Crossfire turned off the framerates are good..........

Soldato
OP
I have been reading in other forums about cards being underclocked at default, and they have to overclock them to get them to what they should be. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing this is what is happening to my card but I don't really want to overclock it. How can I check what my clock speeds are in 3D mode without overclocking?

I'm finding this very intresting also, I proposed a while back that maybie using ati meant certain games were less cpu limited than when using nvidia, I don't how this is, but this may explain why so many people say that ati cards seem to have a less fluctuating rate of fps, looks like theres more than just I.Q. and the maximum fps archiveable when comparing ati against nvidia.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I used Rivatuner and according to its hardware monitor my clock speeds do not change from the 2D defaults when I am gaming. Is this proof that my card is locked at those speeds?

Associate
Hi Duel,did ocuk say how much it will cost you should the card be found to be ok after testing, although having the same problem it cant ok,im convinced that the card is stuck in 2d mode

Soldato
OP
Well I know for a fact that the wavy lines are a fault with the card so I figure I'm owed a replacement/refund regardless. I do believe the poor FPS is also due to a fault with the card though. I'm sure they will sort things out for me so I didn't ask about the price.

Soldato
raja said:
Chaparral and myself, have Crossfire and our frame rates are fantastic with everything maxxed, at a a variety of resolutions. Further I'm also running Connect 3D cards.....

Even with Crossfire turned off the framerates are good..........

No crossfire here...i have only a single x1900xt-x....but my card is a Connect3D one.

Associate
Duel found 2 ways to check Gpu clocks
1.Logitech G15 reads Gpu core and memory clocks in real time
2.Dual monitors and dual Gpu's,1 running in pci slot as a slave whilst x1900xtx is running a game. This has come from another forum where the guy was having exactly the same problem,he was also stuck in 2d mode except when running 3d mark 05 .I think i will be phoning Ocuk for an RMA also,i'll keep you posted

Associate
My His 1900XTX is showing a core clock of 500 and a memory clock of 590 in the graphics hardware section of the CCC. This is much too low.
I have an asus A8R32 MVP deluxe board.
Any ideas wyh this would occur?
Phil

Soldato
Philbill said:
My His 1900XTX is showing a core clock of 500 and a memory clock of 590 in the graphics hardware section of the CCC. This is much too low.
I have an asus A8R32 MVP deluxe board.
Any ideas wyh this would occur?
Phil

those are the 2d clocks. When you run a game, it automatically reverts to the higher 3d speeds. Don't worry :)

Back
Top Bottom