Favourite Jailbroken Applications

Soldato
I made the same mistake with LI, which uses the built in iOS weather widget. I selected 'show local weather', and had forgot that it uses the GPS to fetch your location. So everytime I brought up the lockscreen, I would see the GPS arrow and hello battery drain!
The solution to this is to turn off location services for the weather app and set the location manually.
Unless you're travelling to new places every day then it's not an overhead to change it when you do move.

Soldato
Yep, exactly what I did. I recall being stunned when seeing the phone at 30% at the end of my work shift as I had JB'd just the night before. I then just set my location to London in the weather.app and was sorted tbh.

Soldato
Location Services are the biggest headache interms of battery drain!
Disable as much as possible and set fix parameters where possible.

Just run TomTom or any NAV application for an hour and you'll see what im talking about :)

Re: LockInfo

It all depend show you use it. If you use it normal which is to get notifications on lockscreen of messages/emails/notifications etc then it isn't using much resources. If you go for the Sunday roast and have everything selected then it will because its being asked to do everything.
I only use LI on my lockscreen and use the "customised" notification center. Thats it!

At the moment, BiteSMS is the biggest hog on my phone. Its very laggy and can be slow. I preferred iRealSMS but that hasn't been updated for iOS5. I wish they would sort it out. BiteSMS also has more MobileSubstrates of any app...it has 3 where otehrs have just one. Now these 3 are running all the time.

Another MASSIVE hog is Activator for system gestures. I don't use gestures for much. Only for bringing up SBSettings and CallBar. Minimise usage of this aswell!

Re: Customisation

Minimise usage of WinterBoard as much as possible! You can do a lot just replacing the original iOS files. See my guide.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't suppose anyone is trying the Colorgasm HD theme on their iPhone 4/4S? I'm loving the look, but I can't get the font to be the same as in the screenshots :( There's only one option to select in WinterBoard.

Soldato
I gave IntelliScreenX a try and by dear goodness me it's a hog! WOW! Stay away from that pile of junk and jump on the LockInfo band wagon. Now there's a great substrate.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I use a custom hosts file, it get rid of almost all ads in apps and Cydia. :)

Though i found out yesterday, it stops me entering SBSettings options.... :/

Soldato
I use a custom hosts file, it get rid of almost all ads in apps and Cydia. :)

Though i found out yesterday, it stops me entering SBSettings options.... :/

I read something about the hostfile being an option. Although, don't this mean you still get bounding boxes for the ads, just not the ads themselves?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yes sometimes, its seems to be different for some apps , i've only had the hosts file on my phone for a few days mind so i'm still seeing how it goes.

This, for example is what happens to the speedtest app....

DMikx.png

Soldato
I'm really liking iSwipe v0.4.0.

I installed the very first version and wasn't too impressed. Found version 0.4.0 now and it replaces ALL keyboards, even has the blue line as well as suggestions for alternate words. If you choose not to use it then use the keyboard as usual.

Unfortunately you have to switch direction at the intended key otherwise it won't recognise. Apparently the real SWYPE doesn't require you to be so precise. Still, excellent substrate.

EDIT: Well after two months of use I really didn't like how overly sensitive it turned your keyboard. It would be fine if I could continue to use my keyboard normally but it was so hyper that numerous keys would be depressed at once. When you actually use it, it's good but definitely not faster than the regular keyboard if you learn to type without looking at your keys.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know how I can remove BTstack?

I think psx4all installed it, but I have now removed psx4all and BTstack is still there.

I've checked in Cydia and under the installed section, BTstack does not show up :(

Edit, never mind, I fixed it in the end, Cydia was misbehaving it seems

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom