** FEEDBACK WANTED ON LG PRODUCTS (FREESYNC) & CUSTOMER SERVICE/WARRANTY!! **

Permabanned
So you offer a 2 years warranty on your Monitors, What happens when the monitor develops a fault after 2 years? are we out of luck? I wouldn't be wanting to spend £700+ for only 2 years service.

Associate
Hi All

@ HEADRAT, in regards to OLED monitors, the inhibiting factor right now is price, and also a small element of screen burn

there is a competitor with a 30" OLED monitor right now, but it is more than a 55" OLED LG TV so why would you buy one!

I am expecting it will be next year before we see anything on OLED monitor, but you know full well it'll be amazing when it comes!

Dan

Soldato
Is it true that LG has actively improved Glow issues and backlight bleed their ultrawide IPS monitors in the 7 and 8 range (etc 29um57, 34um68 and so on)? im so close to purchase one myself

Soldato
Hi Phixsator,

Realistically now, all models would be the 8 range (25UM58, 29UM68, 34UM88 etc etc), and these would be all with the improved process.

Was there a particular screen you were looking at?

Dan

Yeah ive been looking at the 34um68. Seems to fit what i want which is IPS, Ultrawide, Freesync and a resolution that would be very easy to drive. But i also have an eye on the 34um57 which to my understanding is also freesync enabled(the only one of the 57 models?)

EDIT: Scratch that.. i now have my eyes on the 34um88c not that much more it seems.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm tempted with the 34um68. Productivity isn't an issue and while the extra res of the 1440p versions would be nice, I'm more keen on affordable fps!

Soldato
I'm tempted with the 34um68. Productivity isn't an issue and while the extra res of the 1440p versions would be nice, I'm more keen on affordable fps!

That has been what swayed me towards the um68 as well in the end and i now have one of the way. Getting the horsepower to properly power 3440x1440 was an expense im not ready to commit to at this point. Looking forward to give it a spin :) So fare i have absolutely loved LG ultrawides and its going to be interesting to see if the um68 has any room for overclocking above 75hz. So excited.

Soldato
Just found this thread. Omar, your patience, my God ...

I actually feel good reading this thread. I'm doing research on a possible new WideScreen monitor and had a 34' LG on the list. That's now taken off and chucked in a ravine so deep and dark that I forget it ever existed. Now it's just the Dell, Samsung or potentially Asus I need to worry about. Kinda wish we can have more of these threads.

Associate
In case it helps I have been very happy with my Dell 34" and based on previous experience with their monitors I believe they take care of customers if/when they have issues.

Soldato
I know this a is a pretty old thread, so hopefully the bump is ok, but having recently used LG's service for a random bright spot appearing https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18746260

The service was mostly fine. LG replaced the panel (or at least that's what I think is written on the service sheet, hard to read the handwriting), but the bright spot is gone.

It did have to go in twice, as the first time it came back with no fault, but to be fair, the bright spot can be akward to see depending on colour. After it went back a second time, with more specific instructions on how to check/see it clearly, it came back repaired with no issue.

The only real issue I had was the telephone helpdesk. The email helpdesk is great, very helpful.

The telephone helpdesk, useless. Supposed to phone you after filling in the service form on the website, they didn't, I had to phone them to move it along.

More often than not, you can't speak to anyone. Other than the 1st time I phoned, every time after that, it was the overflow desk, who will say lg will phone you back within 48 hours. Which would be fine, except they either don't bother, hang up or phone at a time when you are likely to be at work/unavailable. Even after apparently having a note made to phone after X time.

In the end I gave up and phoned resolutions, got through straight away and they were very helpful both times.

It took about 2 weeks both times it went away, which is what LG say (10 working days).

So other than the telephone helpdesk being useless, it was fine for me.

So that would be my advice, if you get the overflow desk, you will just get caught in a never ending game of having to phone back, so just phone resolutions instead as you can actually speak to someone & they are helpful.

Back
Top Bottom