** FEEDBACK WANTED ON LG PRODUCTS (FREESYNC) & CUSTOMER SERVICE/WARRANTY!! **

Associate
I eventually got Dan from LG involved in my case because I had logged my latest ticket about the issue in August 2015 (after unsuccessful attempts in summer 2014) and had been asked to provide photos via email which I had but they claimed to have not received them, I chased by phone many times after re-emailing the photos and was told someone would get back to me which they never did.

I first emailed Dan from LG in September and it still took until the end of December for them to start the return process even with him chasing it up for me internally.

I spoke to someone that said they were a manager this morning, awaiting a callback once they have investigated why I have ended up with someone else's return.

Associate
I didn't get any call back from LG yesterday but just an email from DPD last night saying they would be delivering something from LG to me today.

...unfortunately DPD have screwed up the delivery (yet again) so I may or may not get whatever LG have sent me tomorrow.

The saga continues :p

Associate
I find typing up a log of how bad this experience has been a little bit therapeutic. It has gone way beyond a joke how badly this has been handled so far.

So it turns out that DPD came back to my building today but they weren't actually delivering anything, they were expecting to pick up the home theatre system for return. Unfortunately LG had told me, after I had asked very specifically on Wednesday whether I should prepare the home theatre box for return, that I should not and await further instructions about it and that they were in fact just posting out my monitor to me. Turns out that was not true.

So here we are: no monitor and no contact from LG, I had to call them yet again and tried to speak to a complaints manager but was told they were all busy. Apparently my file has now been passed to a specific manager to get back to me, but I suspect it's now going to be next week until I hear anything back.

Soldato
Very poor show :(

It seems like the only safe monitor manufacturer to go with these days is Dell.

Dell is a lot better than most. But they will still fob you off with dead pixels if your "only" a home user :/

You have to buy something from their professional range to get proper support/warranty.

Last edited:
Associate
I thought Dell had a zero dead/stuck pixel policy on their UltraSharp models?

This is what it says in the Home section of the website under the 2715H UltraSharp screen:

Premium Panel Guarantee:
The Dell Premium Panel Guarantee1 allows a free panel replacement during the Limited Hardware Warranty4 period even if only one bright pixel is found.

Soldato
I thought Dell had a zero dead/stuck pixel policy on their UltraSharp models?

This is what it says in the Home section of the website under the 2715H UltraSharp screen:

The Ultrasharp monitors are considered professional monitors so you get that cover. So are the "XPS" and "Alienware" ones. The G-sync one is not though for some reason :/

Last edited:
Associate
I was going to buy LG but put off by this thread, I have so LG tv and it will be the last I buy.

Confidence in the product and any backup is what the consumer wants and at the moment I don't have any with LG.

Matt

Associate
This was what Gibbo posted back in September last year (bolding to highlight added by me):

LG responded via email to me:

Hello OCUK Customers,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback and honesty, without this we are unable to improve as a business so it goes without saying that this type of information is invaluable.

Right, onto the issues raised by this thread, I will try and tackle each one raised.

• Light Bleed – this is the main issue we have seen. I can tell you all that due to the feedback directly provided from this forum, there was a change at a manufacturing level by LG on all 21:9 screens that has resulted in a change which either significantly reduces or removes completely the light bleed, and changes to the QC procedure catch a higher % of any screens that are not up to scratch. So new monitors will not have the same issues we were facing 6 months+ ago, meaning that we have a high quality product again, and any issues experienced would only be those that sadly occur when dealing with any electronic device.
• Freesync range – sadly, due to all of our mid to high end screens being IPS, this inhibits the freesync range. TN and VA panels allow a much higher freesync range and we are working constantly to stretch the range as far as we can.
• 2560x1080 res too low for 34” screen – honestly, I agree with this, but, this screen was not designed for higher end gaming, these was designed for maximum screen real estate within an office environment as LG are seeing a lot of success in implementing 34” screens into the work environment. It also allows gaming to a certain level, but we would expect higher end gamers to move to our higher end monitors.
After Service care – it was quite clear from this thread that this was an issue I was unaware of, and quite a serious one. I pledge from here on that I am working closer with OCUK returns to sort any issues, and, I am more than happy on a case by case basis for OCUK to privately issue my email address to any of their customers having an issue with an LG monitor return so they can bring me into the issue and we can resolve it.
• Warranty – for the record I would like to state that we have never offered an on-site warranty. Our warranty has always been what it is, although we are looking to extend it on certain sku’s, with a view to a complete overhaul in 2016 if we get the go ahead from HQ. The many comments on how good the Dell warranty is has been passed high up the chain in the monitor team in HQ and we are discussing what we can offer moving forward.

I want to apologise on both a personal and company level to all those customers who have received either a poor product or poor service from LG. Your voice has been heard, and has actually caused some serious changes within LG – its not very often LG makes changes on a factory level, so you can all be proud you have been part of a shift within LG.

I want to assure you that between LG and OCUK we have taken a huge step forward, and I hope for there to be some very interesting offers coming your way!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, if there are any further questions please let me know

Many thanks
Daniel Bennett

I have made a final plea to OcUK via the customer service forum to see if they will get involved in resolving this. My original post to them about the issues I had with the monitor was dated the 24th of September 2014, I was originally told:

I am sorry to hear of the problem with the monitor. As this is now over the DOA period of 28 days of purchase You will need to contact the manufacturer directly for the warranty claim so as this is a LG monitor you will use their onsite warranty. Their telephone number is 0344 847 5454.

Last edited:
Soldato
You have to remember Gibbo is a buyer not customer services, I would email [email protected] via Trust and seenifnhe will sort it out for you. Reading through this thread it's almost comical just how bad all parties have treated you. One call to your credit card company and this could be over in an instant though.

Btw if you really want LG to pull there finger out drop and email to this guy [email protected]

Associate
Thanks! I'll give those a shot if I don't hear anything back from LG on Monday.

Bailey has asked for the various LG ticket references to push from the OcUK side.

I'm so frustrated now that I would go the credit card company route, but I suspect they'll ask me to await a final response from LG/OcUK as I don't physically have the monitor anymore.

Soldato
I would also like to say that their communication on the PR side for monitors is equally dreadful. I have reached out to them on several occasions to try to arrange review samples. It seems that every other week they 're-arrange' how their review samples are handled and they seem generally completely uninterested in supplying samples to knowledgeable experts like myself. It's a real shame, because it seems this is handled much better for their other product lines such as TVs. Given the steady supply of models from other manufacturers, I feel I've wasted enough of my time trying to negotiate some monitor review samples from LG. Much as I like their panels and feel they do a good service to the monitor communities in that respect, they really need to work on their communication and customer support it would seem.

Associate
I finally got my 'repaired' monitor back yesterday, it has a small dent in the metal back panel, light scratches on the glossy plastic below the screen that weren't there when I sent it in and a dead pixel in a pretty noticeable position despite the fix sheet saying that the panel was replaced and tested.

I've sent photos to Dan from LG to see what he says.

Associate
I would possibly look at OcUK. For the first year OcUK should be dealing with any problems.

Actually the retailer is responsible for the entire reasonable life of the device. I wish I had been more forceful about this at the start.

I finally got a call-back from someone at LG today and they have issued me with a BER letter (Beyond Economic Repair), pretty much a credit note for me to give Overclockers and get either a replacement or a refund.

I have asked OcUK for a refund as I already purchased a replacement over a year ago, just waiting to hear their response.

Soldato
Glad to hear you finally had the issue resolved Omar. But to wait over a year is not good at all. I still stand by my previous post, and I will avoid purchasing an LG monitor all together. After reading the service provision provided by Dell to customers, this would be my preferred company to purchase from.

Associate
Yeah, it's not actually resolved yet, waiting to hear back from OcUK about how I'm meant to return the monitor to them and whether it will be a full refund or not. I'd prefer a collection as it's a hassle as a personal customer to find a courier that will cover monitors for insurance purposes.

After all of this I'm certainly not going to even consider buying another LG product if I can help it.

Associate
March update:

'Repaired' monitor was returned to OcUK, they received it on the 5th of February, so over a month ago now. Still no sign of a refund as apparently the supplier (LG?) needs to confirm the credit to OcUK.

I had thought that the BER letter from LG that I sent OcUK as well as the returned monitor would have been sufficient for them to issue a refund.

Back
Top Bottom