Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

jcr

jcr

Associate
my partner has been buying sipsmith gin lately which im quite enjoying with tonic water. she has just picked up a lemon flavoured one for us to try.

Soldato
ok its Saturday afternoon but after a tough week at the gin distillery im drinking cheap dry cider ,will hit the wine tonight before a week of sobriety

Screenshot-20200530-172055-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Soldato
Sorry, it was a bit of a post and run.

It was actually better than I was expecting. Definitely tasted darker than a traditional dry hopped IPA, and I think that it tastes better slightly warmer rather than fridge chilled. There's not a lot of fiz in it, and the flavours are neither intense nor complex, just fairly bold. There's much less of the citrus that's so popular in these beers, but a hint of fruit.

It is drinkable, and I'd drink it again but wouldn't go out of my way to buy it if it was repeated. Tbh, I think that Brewdog have produced a few shockers over the years, but this isn't one of them. Their Hazy Jane range are now my favourites.

Don
One that was amongst others I posted but only just tried it and almost certainly the best beer I have ever tasted, get some and thank me later :D

Omnipollo Double Karpalogi

102869761_10157202500121847_4006050069347718274_o.jpg

Don
Omnipollo are absolute masters.

But they're hugely expensive and their website is pants.

I agree in general they make some amazing stuff, having said that we had a couple of Pale Ales from them tonight too and they were nothing special at all, they were 4.50 a can which is cheap for them but expensive by any standards, hopefully its not a sign of them selling out like others have, they need to stick to the ultra high end special beers like the one above (and others I've had from them) :) on their best days I would certainly say they are the best brewers in the world, Tree House may run them close but their stuff is unobtainable over here

Soldato
Do you drink it on its own or do you have mixers with it? My missus makes some lovely cocktails with Rum but I can never remember what they are. That looks like a very nice bottle tho!

Soldato
I did not know that was a thing! I do like a nice single malt whisky, especially whilst chewing on some chocolate! I've got about 8 bottles in my cupboard though, bought loads last year and went off of it for some reason!

Back
Top Bottom