Feek's macOS useful tools, utilities and applications thread

Soldato
I'm yet to reach any kind of "proper" interest in Mastodon. I guess I just haven't found accounts worth following yet, but the Ivory app is certainly extremely nice to use on both macOS and iOS.

Soldato
This, https://www.warp.dev?
Does look pretty good; can you turn off the OpenAI implementation? Says it only sends data you specifically enter for the AI but it would be nice to disable to prevent accidents.
I can't find a way to disable Warp AI but it doesn't get in the way and you have to open a side window to use it to ask a question.

Man of Honour
Those running Bartender 4 will need to upgrade to Bartender 5 to stop a message about it viewing your screen (it doesn't, it only views the menu bar). It's a free upgrade if you bought it within the last year I think, otherwise it's an £8 upgrade. Bit frustrating that you have to pay in some situations, it could have just been a software update.

Commissario
OP
Those running Bartender 4 will need to upgrade to Bartender 5 to stop a message about it viewing your screen (it doesn't, it only views the menu bar). It's a free upgrade if you bought it within the last year I think, otherwise it's an £8 upgrade. Bit frustrating that you have to pay in some situations, it could have just been a software update.
Bartender 5 has been on the cards for a while, I emailed them about something else a while ago and they told me it was coming. I'll be buying that straight away (ie now). It does more than just remove that annoying blob.

/edit - And done

Commissario
OP
Yes. Hugely annoying. My toolbar is definitely getting out of hand.
I don't mind a crowded menu on the Studio because of the huge screen but I do keep mine trimmed right back on the MBA with multiple apps only showing on updates.

I've been in contact with the support chap and he said that it's not possible to do it within macOS Sonoma. I think this is odd because Bartender 4 manages it perfectly, it's just that purple icon saying Bartender is capturing the screen. He did say that the show for updates stuff is retained in the configuration so I'm waiting for confirmation I can revert back to V4 and it'll go back to how it was.

Soldato
I used CheatSheet in the past to show me all of the shortcuts for an app in one window but that has been discountinued since it doesn't work on macOS 14. I found this as a replacement. Pretty good and completely free.

Edit: There is a paid version as well:

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Default Folder X V6 has been released with Sonoma compatibility.

It's a paid upgrade with two staggered tiers of upgrade cost depending on when you bought it.

I only use it for one thing really, for the ability to click on an open finder window when you're in a save/load dialogue box to quickly select that folder. I wonder if there's a cheaper/free way of doing that.

Soldato
AltTab
Windows-esque alt-tab switcher (shows windows not just apps) with a shed load of options and customisations.

frontpage.jpg

Price - FREE.

https://alt-tab-macos.netlify.app
Latest release (Github) - https://github.com/lwouis/alt-tab-macos/releases

Back
Top Bottom