Female graduates freezing eggs over a lack of educated men

Caporegime
To high expectations I'd say... A common thing in today's society - I have it too, but then I don't want a family!
If they can't find a man now, who's to say they will later? As shallow as it is looks aye going to fade, most men who want a family will have had families already. So wants a 50yo educated woman who desperately wants kids when they are 50 themselves?

I think these women are trying to get around the natural fertility cycle (which is fine) but the root problem isn't going to be solved. If there's no educated men now, there isn't going to be in 10 years time

Soldato
Perhaps these people should lower their expectations then.
I'd say the problem is probably with the women as individuals.

sounds about right.

I can get people doing this because they want to focus on their careers but still leave the option of children open later in life, in fact i think it's quite a sensible idea ensuring a stable financial bedrock before jumping into parenthood (indeed i suspect the current economic climate in terms of how long it takes to get "stable" enough for parenthood might have something to do with it but that's a different converstaion).

but to complain it's due to a lack of men? nope.

Caporegime
OP
To high expectations I'd say... A common thing in today's society - I have it too, but then I don't want a family!
If they can't find a man now, who's to say they will later? As shallow as it is looks aye going to fade, most will have had families already.

I think these women are trying to get around the natural fertility cycle (which is fine) but the root problem isn't going to be solved. If there's no educated men now, there isn't going to be in 10 years time

It's only going to get worse as more and more women are graduating than men.

but to complain it's due to a lack of men? nope.

educated men*

Out of my group of 7 close friends only 1 graduated and he's about middle of the pack earnings wise as far as I know. Surely you'd think they'd be more focused on what it is you do for a living and your earnings rather than if you held a degree?

Caporegime

Agreed, I think it's kind of like 'hope' sane way people believe in afterlife to cope with death.

Tbh I don't like really educated or really rough women. Something in the middle. I'd never not date someone because they didn't have a degree!

Soldato
Related I suppose, I'm sure read somewhere that in the US educational/intelligence is becoming a streaming characteristic for breeding. In the past lack of geographical and social mobility meant to a wider degree men and women were limited in their choice of partners which meant smart and stupid married and procreated giving the normal wide distribution of genetic intelligence. The suggestion was the greater freedom to choose partners meant the smart were marrying the smart and the less intelligent the less intelligent so the normal wide distribution is beginning to stream. Surely professional women saving eggs for lack of suitable partners is a symptom of this change in behaviour.

I don't know to what extent intelligence is from inherited genetics but if the trend becomes more culturally embedded we might end up with intellectual class divisions.

Caporegime

educated men*

Out of my group of 7 close friends only 1 graduated and he's about middle of the pack earnings wise as far as I know. Surely you'd think they'd be more focused on what it is you do for a living and your earnings rather than if you held a degree?

If someone dated me for my earnings I wouldn't date them end of

Soldato
It's the expectation that women marry men who are more successful than them that is the problem. Obviously as more women become successful (and wealthy) in their careers it's going to put a strain on eligible men to pair up.

Ah, so is this another side effect of things actually becoming more equal? I thought women were still earning way less than men, or is this now a myth?!

EDIT: I earn less than my GF, but it about evens out after all here loan deductions come out. So pretty equal. Will she just dump me when she pays it off? :(

Caporegime
So how do those earning well differentiate whether someone is dating them for their earnings or not?

Is tough! But in early stages is pretty easy to not reveal how much you earn. Don't always pay for meals and activities, don't go to really expensive places etc

Back
Top Bottom