Fergie charged by the FA again

Soldato
Cant speak about ref's in positive or negative light before games anymore.
Broke the rules and got punished.

There shouldn't be an inquest as to why he got punished this time, the inquest should be as to why he never got punished the other <x number> of times he speaks about the officials before games.

And as to why other managers have not been punished for it either?

Y'know, a bit like this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/06/kenny-dalglish-referees-liverpool

Soldato
Ancelotti said: “I don’t want to put pressure on the referee. I think Howard Webb is a fantastic referee because he has experience.

“If the referee he has no experience we can perhaps be a bit worried about this but with Howard Webb there is no problem.

“I have trust in the referees in England. Maybe they make a mistake but that is the same as anywhere in the world – this is normal.

"Either you accept the decision of the referee or you have to say that there is a conspiracy.”

So...

Peg

Peg

Associate
If this is a new standard set by the FA then an awful lot of managers are going to be in trouble every week. This charge is a joke. I can see a lot of managers refusing to do press conferences anymore for fear of getting into trouble.

Soldato
Because the FA is incompetent and inconsistent, but they aren't biased, and no amount of whining will make that true.

I mean, sure, try and convince yourself that the FA is out to get your under-protected, hard-up, constantly struggling, millionaire-making, multiple-title-winning, insanely successful football club, if you want. You can join all the fans of the other clubs who believe exactly the same thing about their team. Then you can huddle together in the corner of a pub somewhere and re-enact the Four Yorkshiremen by trying to one-up each other about what a hard life your poor club has.

Alternately, you could, you know, just realise that saying "we hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck" is a little silly when it's said by Alex "Mind Games Master" Ferguson.

Don
I mentioned the lack of consistency in the spoiler thread in regards to Rooney not getting charged and Baird getting charged for making 'V' signs.

If there's a rule that means you can't talk about refs pre-game then he should be charged (although shouldn't (and I doubt he will) receive any sort of ban) but so should anybody else that's spoke about officials pre-game.

Despite what some Mancs might like to think, there's no conspiracy, the FA seemingly just randomly pick out people to charge. They've benefited from the FA's imcompetence and suffered too just like every body else.

Don
I agree. I'm not defending their randomness, as I said, I mentioned their lack of consistency just yesterday.

As for stopping the press from asking questions about the ref pre-game; I don't think the FA would have the power to do that, it's down to the managers to simply refuse to comment.

Soldato
OP
Also, should the media be stopped from asking these type of questions or should the manager just refuse to answer.

As far as I'm concerned is if talking to the media is a mandate set by the FA then the questions asked to manager's & players needs to be moderated, why should managers get done for answering questions put to them honestly? If the FA have got a problem with managers slagging off refs then make it clear to the press they're not allowed to ask questions about them simple!

I dont see how they cant accept responsibility for the questions asked but they're more than happy to get involved if they dont like the answers.

Soldato
Yeah but we all know what Ferguson is doing when he talks about a ref nowadays, all he does is try and manipulate them, if he was speaking completely innocently about them fine, he always has an agenda though which is normally not complimentary

"Even though Ferguson spoke positively about Webb, he broke FA rules which state that no manager should speak about a referee prior to a match."

From the BBC, if it's a rule it's a rule I guess

and of course every other manager will only have x referee officiating one of their games ever - so no need to worry about anything positive /negative they may say in future fixtures either

complete double standard

Back
Top Bottom