Fergie charged by the FA again

Associate
I forgot, they're all simpletons. I'm sure Webb was planning to ref it fairly but then got well brainwashed by Fergie telling him he was good.

The argument the FA are using is that the referee is now 'influenced' by one of the team's managers. Hence he will have in the back of his mind Mr Ferguson's 'flattery' of his refereeing prowess and may allow one or two (half) descisions to flow the way of that team.

Soldato
OP
He knew the rules. He broke them. He got punished. (Albeit only with a warning.)

:o

That's not what you said though is it, you said the FA were right to charge him because he's playing mind games saying something positive about Webb. Your theory is neither here nor there you cant charge someone on an assumption.

The FA have simply charged him because apparently now you cant talk about ref's in any context.

I assume if you believe this rule has been brought in because of managers trying to influence referee's you also believe that Ancolotti was playing mind games praising Webb as well then?

Associate
I assume if you believe this rule has been brought in because of managers trying to influence referee's you also believe that Ancolotti was playing mind games praising Webb as well then?

Any mention of a referee's past of future performances by a manager is an attempt to influence referees' future performances and decisions.

Soldato
Any mention of a referee's past of future performances by a manager is an attempt to influence referees' future performances and decisions.

So refereeing is now a completely thankless job as no one is ever allowed to say that they did a good job even if its true? The only people allowed to mention the referee are pundits and the press. So the press can go wild accusing the ref of being bias or unhinged and no manager can say "No I think the penalty was right".

Excellent.

Peg

Peg

Associate
Pulis looks like he is in trouble now according to Sky Sports News for these remarks.

"Howard is a great ref in my book, and certainly as good as there is.

"We are pleased to have him. What makes him special is that little bit of an aura he has about him.

"He deals with players very well and I think most people in the game respect him."

This happened a month ago before the FA Cup Semi-final against Bolton.

Soldato
Can they really set a rule that says "You can only talk about referees if you talk about them in a good way"? That makes a mockery of the whole concept itself.

And then what, do you allow managers like SAF bleat on about how they get the bad decisions, and the bad referees? What happens when all the teams go mad about how "they would have won if the ref wasn't so ****"?

Frankly, a blanket rule seems the only option unless we allow managers and players to openly criticise the refereeing. (taking into account there'll always be personal bias)

Soldato
OP
There actually isn't a rule in place that stops managers talking about a ref after a game, so managers can moan all they want about the poor decisions made during the game..... you just cant praise them before a game

Back
Top Bottom