FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

impressive overhead squatting volume :) how long did it take you to get your balance on these when you first started them?

Not too bad - it's mainly about core, locking the shoulders, and keeping your chest up.

Try it with the bar and then SLOWLY add more weight. I want to start doing some decent weight on OH squats.

Gonna happen mate, everyone has an off day! :p

Brb, doing 100kg dropset squats like they're nothing

They weren't nothing - they were hard man! :p

I keep trying every now and that but there brutal :) I need to make some proper time of them at home with a broom handle and some cushions to fall on lol

I keep trying every now and that but there brutal :) I need to make some proper time of them at home with a broom handle and some cushions to fall on lol

Rubbish. Go to the gym, grab a barbell and just do it. A broom handle will set your balance up all wrong. :D

Set the pins in the rack high, making bailing a lot easier and safer.

Rubbish. Go to the gym, grab a barbell and just do it. A broom handle will set your balance up all wrong. :D

Set the pins in the rack high, making bailing a lot easier and safer.

oh it was less about the using a barbell and catches etc as apposed to having the time to spend on it in the gym. I prefer to use TV time etc for doing things like this and mobility yadda yadda etc ;)

Wide grip too. :)

Cheers, this might be where i have been going wrong with trying it, using my normal squatting grp width or even narrower

Cylce 2 - Day 13 OHP

5/3/1 day on OHP.

Warm up:

bar*20
40*8

52.5*5
60*3
67.5*4 - really hard - I really have weak shoulders :( (well it is down to injury, but will start to have physio sessions I think - might as well!)

DS:

50*8

DB Snatch

34*3
34*3

DB Push Press:

30*3
30*3
34*3
34*4

Cable side raises:

5*8
7.5*8
10*6

38kg no big drama here, a little unstable on my feet.

42kg - better stability.

46kg (was distracted by the moron that walked in front of me for the left hand snatch - it shows! :o)

50kg (fail 1st time, fail 2nd time, 3rd time lucky! left hand poor lock out)

34kg - realised the vids weren't great so I did a side profile shot for you guys. This was the 2nd set of 34*3. :)

Form is so so - but I'd like to do this "fresh" without having done any other shoulder work. So I may try and video it again to get better form and better examples. Especially with the bloody 50kg.

Need more hip drive.

The side one looks like you stop before getting full hip extension, but it's possibly an artefact of the 38kg being too light. :D

Awesome exercise, however, and great to see you in action. :cool:

You're moving really nicely! Seriously 'mirin.

More hip extension would help you, as would avoiding "jumping". You seem to have a slight tendency to kick your heals up. As they say in oly coaching, if you're off the ground you're not applying any force to anything. If you want to drop under the weight, focus on sliding your feet out slightly and literally dropping as quickly as possible.

Look up some vids of "snatch balance".

Back
Top Bottom