FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

It'll never be uber strong - but it's improving that's what counts. Wish I could buy a new shoulder! :p

Squats are on target - won't be getting to 200kg for another couple of months, but it's going the right way.

Members mar... Oh wait.. :D

I would also be interested to see your DB Cleans as I really need to add in more shoulder assistance work and as you said it will help with core too.. Win win!

Cycle 2 - Day 9 - Deadlifts

5/3/1 Rep day

Deads:

Warm up
Bar*20
60*10
100*10

142.5*5
162.5*3
182.5*6 - Rubbish. Really struggled. Felt tired and felt my form going and just wasn't happy with continuing. Okay, it was my first "big" session since being back but still really frustrated with myself. :mad: :(

Deficit 100*12

Powercleans:

Just fancied taking out my aggression since I had the bar out.

100*6

Just one set seemed enough to calm me down :p

Pull ups

Bw*8
10*6
15*6
20*6
20*5
BW*8

Db rows

40*6
40*6
40*6
40*9

Should have gone heavier on DB rows - still in a bad mood.

Overall rating: Meh.

Ah well, I'll get back into it!

Cylce 2 - Day 10 Bench

5/3/1 bench day

Bench:

Bar
60*15

85*5
95*3
107.5*9

Ds

60*15

Dips:

Bw*8
20*6
30*5
30*6 ??? Lol
Bw*10

Incline alt db bench press:

26*6 hard
26*6
28*8
30*4

Pallof press:

10*8
10*8
15*8
15*8

Overall not bad - but dips were hard - that flat bench really killed me.

Yeah getting more and more confidence back in my lifts - other than deads last week :mad: I'm only making small increments - but I'd rather take it slow and steady and progress, even if slow. Ultimately even 2.5kg increase adds 25kg on 10 reps.

Squats later today I think... that'll be interesting! :o

Hmmm I've been reviewing my diet - without trying I've been hitting a really good balance of calories but not enough to grow really, but not enough to lose weight - somehow (undoubtedly via instinct and habit). Not sure if I'm bothered about growing - but I'm quite happy at this size and don't think I want to lose weight. Interesting isn't it how you just fall into a habit and it turns out to be pretty good.

Eat fish almost daily for breakfast, and fish for dinner at least twice a week if not more. Lots of chicken and lean mince. Shed loads of fresh fruits and veg - a few indulgences from time to time too like the occasional piece of bread or biscuit - but other than that snacks are covered by nuts, peanut butter, and ham/biltong/eggs. Could possibly eat a few more things like avocados etc - but all my fats are in check too.

Getting around 2.5k to 2.7k cals a day which amazingly is costing us about £65 or so a week - though weekends tend to be busy so other than breakfast food is not always catered for over the weekend.

I could so easily eat more - I'm now just so used to eating this small amount that when I do gorge myself it does feel like a treat! :D To think I used to eat 4.5-5k a day! I could easily do it, but I'm rather enjoying my lower calorie life!

If you're happy mate then just carry on as you are :) As long as strength doesn't get effected and you don't suddenly lose a shed load of mass which lets face it, won't happen over night I'd be happy.

Made me lol at the indulges part of your post though, bread and the odd biscuit :D Wish my indulgence list was like that!

Oh it wasn't suggesting any comment or critique, more of having it logged somewhere as it's completely different to where I was 2 years ago.

And you mean "affected" surely and not "effected" ;)

My weight is stable. Strength is slowly getting back to where it was. So yeah - it just proves that as long as you've got a good diet sorted, and stick to a decent programme, you don't really have any excuse ;)

No I know you wasn't after a response I'm just a nosey bugger :D Cheers for correcting the grammar, tend to get it wrong if I don't think about it.

Good to hear the strength is increasing, it shows on your logs anyway.

Cylce 2 - Day 11 Squats

Was exhausted and really couldn't face a full session - but did do the squats, but didn't do all the subsidiary exercises that I should have. Haven't been sleeping, and feeling a little stressed (lots of stuff going on).

Still did the following 5/3/1 day

Squats:

Overhead squats: bar*20 *2
OH Squat: 30*10 *2

Normal squat: 60*10 *2

112.5*5
127.5*3
142.5*8 - ouchy - form was really ropey on the last one, and I don't think I got to depth - so maybe only 7?

Dropset:

100*14
FS 60*10 *2
FS 100*6

Dead.

Goblet squat with 20kg with pulse.

15*8
15*8
15*9
15*6

Deeeead!

Annoyed I didn't do more, but I Got the major exercise done just was not feeling up to it. :(

Back on it though don't worry!

Back
Top Bottom