FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

Cycle 3 - 5 Rep Deadlift Day

Deadlifts:

60*12
100*8
120*5

125*5
145*5
165*10 or 11 - I lost count. I probably could have messied up one or maybe 2 more - but they'd have been dirty.

Powerclean:

60*5
80*5
100*5 slightly messy

Chins:

Bw*8
10*5
20*5
25*5 (just)

Ds

10*7

Db rows:

44*5
44*6
44*6
44*8

F-R-I-E-D

It's not the be all and end all - but for the moment it gives me some structure.

Seems to do me well - I'm going to finish this cycle and another and review my training after that. :)

My 1RMs are slowly creeping back up at any rate.

I can't fathom ring dips, I really can't! Did some trx rollouts today and they were hard enough balancing! :D

Would you recommend 5/3/1 at all FF? For myself I mean, trying to hit strength for a bit and wondering if a cycle or two of this will help. Bearing in mind I've not read up on it at all yet.

Depends what you're after and if you've exhausted the current programme you're on.

i asked about a strength routine before Xmas but never really got any feedback so went on to do 5x5 on most lifts.

Squats however are a different kettle of fish due to some existing issues I'm trying to sort at the moment. Deadlifts I'm doing 3x5 currently.

In short, I'm after some more strength, then later in the year I will probably find a hypertrophy routine to follow.

Is your current programme working for you? If so, then keep at it. If you know your current 1RM Pb's then try and beat them in a few months or so.

That's what I did on 531. I did it for 3 cycles and then re-tested my 1 RM's and found out I made a nice increase. Also, if you do want to give 531 a go, remember to get the spreadsheet! :D

Why not just restructure your shoulder work out? Rather than chopping and changing programmes?

Or are you after a strength specific programme?

I didn't really want to follow a standard 5x5 program but it's just what worked out for now. How would you restructure your shoulder workout? :)

A strength specific program would be nice hence me asking about 5/3/1, I know a couple of others have used it but they're a bit more experienced than myself (as well as you obviously)

Either way, I aim to increase the weight each week is my basic principle.

Just seen your ring dip vids. Much better height than ours! Ours are way to high to dip from unless your on a box/muscle up to them.

Looking good though :)

Cycle 3 - 5 Rep OHP Day

I had a physio session today to help loosen up my shoulders and try and help improve their movement a little.

Then onto OHP day! My worse day! :p

OHP:

Bar*lots
30*8
40*5

47.5*5
55*5
62.5*6 - OMG! Physio helped for sure - that's a PB! Uber strict and strong.

DS 50*8

DB Snatches:

36*2

All went up really easily - so much explosion and really moved well under the DB. V.happy.

DB Push press:

30*4
32*4
34*3
34*3

So hard! Fried.

Pallof Press:

4*15 *4

Surprisingly better than expected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom