FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

It's slowly getting better. Really concentrating on the mobility work, stretching, and a bit of physio.

Furthermore, being used to only doing push press - it's really quite interesting focussing on OHP too. :)

I'm getting there! Well, coming back slowly!

Cycle 3 - 5 Rep Squat Day

Hadn't had a chance to go to the gym all week - work's been a pain.

So this was going to be tough. Had been doing a lot of mobility work at home though.

Over head squats:

Bar*10
30*8
40*6
60*3

Squats:
60*8

100*5
115*5
130*10 left knee was buckling :/

However depth is a lot better a lot less tucking (almost none now) at just below parallel - really VERY happy with that. :)

Ds 100*12

Deficit Bulgarian split squats:

14*6
18*6
22*6
26*8

OMG metabolic!!! As well as humbling - really really tough.

KB swings - 60s rests:

24*12 *4

Looks easier than it actually was, though really I should have done it with a DB as 24kg is too light. However, there was a nice burn going on! :cool:

All this in 45 minutes. Excluding mobility work. No wonder I feel ****ed.

Cycle 3 - 3 Rep Bench Day

Bench Press:

Bar*lots
Bar*12
60*8
60*5

82.5*3
95*3
105*9

Dropset: 60*12

Ring Dips:

BW*6
10*5
15*5
10*5
BW*6

Really struggled with ring dips today - ouchy.

Alt DB Press:

26*6
30*6
30*6
30*5

Struggled today. :(

Going to give normal Bulgarian's a try tomorrow. How much do your overheads and normal squats take out of you before you do them? In my head I'm thinking I should just half the weight of my normal squat but in reality I've got no idea how difficulty they actually are. The weights you're doing suggest I'm in for a shock.

Cheers FF :)

Really just after an exercise to assist my squat. Tried front squats without joy, leg press makes my right knee feel cold (I assume this is bad) and Zercher's, which I absolutely love, don't really have much carry over so BSS are next on the list. Will leave deficits to you lot for now :p

Just doing deficits allowed me to squat 220 after only squatting for 4 weeks after almost 3 months off for rehab. They're almost a completely different exercise.

I love to hate them. However the amount of stability, hamstring and glute power needed for them are humbling. It's excellent for exercising knee flexion too.

Last edited:
Conditioning - bleurgh!

1. 32kg DB Snatch
2. 30kg Sandbag overhead walk - 20m 1 way, as many times as possible.
3. Treadmill sprints (treadmill is off, and you push against the resistance of the static treadmill to bring it up to speed - hard!)
4. Rope slams (4" thick rope weighing 20kg) - 1 end in each hand and lift and drop hard to slam the rope against the floor repeatedly as fast/hard as possible.
5. Wall walks - start in press up position, and walk back with feet "walking" up the wall until you're in a handstand position.
6. Medicine ball alternating press ups - 1 hand on med ball, pressup, than alternate hand.
7. Alternating 24kg KB swings

30s on each to do as many as possible is 1 cycle. Do 3 cycles, or 4 if you're feeling adventurous. With a 90s break in between each cycle.

Then sled pushes. 125kg + weight of sled. 25m sprint. 90s rest. 6 times.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Back
Top Bottom