FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

Mirin your overhead squats, I did some the other day as warm up and cot damn it's a workout in itself!

Yeah they're awesome for stability, core, and getting your body in the right position for squatting. I always do them - will start to add some weight to them now since my hip flexibility has improved, and my whole hip movement is improving - largely down to my mobility work and my box jumps and single leg exercises helping me stabilise and develop the balance and power I need to "get out of the hole".

good weights still.... a decent leg hammering. Take it easy on yourself..your power will come if you pateint :D (so i keep telling myself anyway)

I know - I'm stuck in the past, but I've lost 2.5st so I have to try and remember that. I'm not the beast I used to be - and it's just frustrating. I know I have to be patient - and I'm taking it easy. I'll be hitting my big numbers by summer next year - don't you worry. I will be back. Thanks mate. :)

I know - I'm stuck in the past, but I've lost 2.5st so I have to try and remember that. I'm not the beast I used to be - and it's just frustrating. I know I have to be patient - and I'm taking it easy. I'll be hitting my big numbers by summer next year - don't you worry. I will be back. Thanks mate. :)

you will be!
Im in the same boat...i was 82-83Kg nearly two years back and (within reason) could lift pretty much anything I wanted. Then i lost 10Kg (wanted to look good also) then had a couple of injuries, and the combination of weight loss then not training for 3-4 months was unbelievable when I tried to start again. Its pretty much taken me 8 months to get back to what im doing now, and niggling injuries dont help. I getting happy, im not far off where I was at 80kg+, but still about 75Kg or so. It just takes longer..and more patience, trying to gain a rep or two or add 2.5Kg week by week without overdoing it. Maybe my older agae thinking now....but patience and slow progression is the key. I wish Id thought that a lot time ago...and listened to others and their 'get plenty rest' advise:o

Ye Delvis, used to use MP..but started one here a few weeks back..check the training log page for 'Tox's...in it to win it' log
Sorry FF...not hijacking :/

We're among the 'older' lifters here toxic!!! :o :(

ye dude...but if anything its makes me want to train more!! Im 38 on Saturday:eek: Will never get to 40 and be in bad shape...thats my aim anyway!

You gota love beating the yung'uns sometimes though eh! (its not a competition, but you know what I mean :))

ye dude...but if anything its makes me want to train more!! Im 38 on Saturday:eek: Will never get to 40 and be in bad shape...thats my aim anyway!

You gota love beating the yung'uns sometimes though eh! (its not a competition, but you know what I mean :))

Totally agree matey - and you're doing fantastically. I fully intend on being a hench grandad one day! :D

And there was I thinking I was old the other day... Guess you grandad's put it in perspective :p

Experience is certainly a great tool brought in from age though!

kd

Yup - as I've said many times, if I knew now what I did 10+ years ago in my early 20s I'd have been so much further now. Shame I got into this so late. I have a lot of natural ability, but also over a dozen years of abuse (not drinking or drugs just sports).

Ah well, you're never too old!

Cylce 2 - Day 5 Bench

3 rep week

Bench:

WU:
Bar*20
40*10

WS:
80*3
90*3
102.5*9 - 1 more rep than the last cycle at this weight. :)

DS 60*12

Olympic Ring Dips:

Bw*6
BW*6
5*5
10*5
15*5 - just! ouch that was tough!

Incline Db alt press:

26*6
28*6
30*6
32*6 - felt strong here - weird!

Palof Press:

4*15*10

Well, that was surprising - lots of energy and felt strong. I don't enjoy bench that much, but like the assistance work - and it all felt just "good" today.

Happy with this session.

I like to have fun with my workouts - it's nice to hear you think they're cool! :cool: :)

Whilst I normally do regular dips, ring dips just add a bit of flavour! ;)

I want to rep out 20kg on ring - which I reckon I can do, but not after benching and doing lots of dips previously!

Know what you mean... Full ROM on ring dips is bad enough, so +20kg is just :eek:...

I know what you mean with fun in the workout, however. One of the reasons I ask my coach for Olympic work is because it's a monster technical challenge as much as requiring unbelievable strength. That, and Olympic stuff seems unpopular in this country, so I might have a chance of being competitive at some point. :D

Back
Top Bottom