• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Soldato
FSR2 looking blurry compared to dlss.

Since DLSS is already available in Deathloop he has taken a direct capture but with FSR 2.0 he used a video released by the deathloop devs. Recompressing an already compressed video will no doubt make FSR 2.0 look softer. Also the user can adjust sharpening if required so not a huge deal.

0e2tAuW.png

From the screenshot in Performance mode you can see the FSR 2.0 screens look almost identical to DLSS and even show the lines under the balloons that are missing in native hence why both AMD and Nvidia are claiming 'better than native' for their techs. For a performance mode this is amazing. It can only get better for the Balanced or Quality modes.
DLSS seems to have a slight glitch where you can see a small parts of the roof through the red bit above the chimney. That doesn't show in native or the FSR shots.

If FSR 2.0 works with any gpu like the original then it will a huge blow to DLSS for sure. I'm hoping consoles adopt it for all games which will then easily translate to the PC versions.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
DLSS seems to have a slight glitch where you can see a small parts of the roof through the red bit above the chimney. That doesn't show in native or the FSR shots.

If FSR 2.0 works with any gpu like the original then it will a huge blow to DLSS for sure. I'm hoping consoles adopt it for all games which will then easily translate to the PC versions.

Good spot glad you have eagle eyes and this type of critique is needed as people get lazy hearing the influencers blanket statements on things such as x is far superior than other products which is not always the case. Looks exciting for RDNA3 then although I will wait till its here before judging it closer.

Soldato
Good spot glad you have eagle eyes and this type of critique is needed as people get lazy hearing the influencers blanket statements on things such as x is far superior than other products which is not always the case. Looks exciting for RDNA3 then although I will wait till its here before judging it closer.

All the Nvidia die hards will say its because its' better than native' and the AI has added extra detail.:cry:

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
All the Nvidia die hards will say its because its' better than native' and the AI has added extra detail.:cry:

I dont see why there is such loyalty. I hope you remember the time around the 5700 released the same die hards or plastic ones said they would buy an AMD card if it was around the same performance. Now we cant hold everyone to account for that statement but genuine 'neutrals' would have struggled when it came to anything else other than FE drops. I am still shocked the volume of people that think RT is interstellar enough that it warrants such extra money. Its a shame the 6800 was low in volume as that would have been the card to get over a 3060Ti or 3070 which were going for similar money, but AMD can only blame themselves for poor sales in the UK by not sorting some resellers.

Soldato
OP
How long to integrate?
Integration time will vary from title to title.

fsr2-integration-timescale-1024x320.png

Caporegime
How long to integrate?
Integration time will vary from title to title.

fsr2-integration-timescale-1024x320.png
Nice find, pretty sure the dlss one should read "engines" and not "games"? If so, it pretty much echoes what developers have said themselves, if dlss is integrated to the engine, it is super quick and easy i.e. literally click a few buttons so makes sense that FSR/TAAU should be able to piggy back on that or achieve a similar process.

Still no videos showing it in action yet?

Soldato
OP
Nice find, pretty sure the dlss one should read "engines" and not "games"? If so, it pretty much echoes what developers have said themselves, if dlss is integrated to the engine, it is super quick and easy i.e. literally click a few buttons so makes sense that FSR/TAAU should be able to piggy back on that or achieve a similar process.

Video here shows it running but not against DLSS if that's what you mean.

Caporegime

That chart is showing that FSR 2.0 is easy and quick to implement in any game that has DLSS 2.0 support already.

Mentioned in this video around 6:56.

Caporegime
Video here shows it running but not against DLSS if that's what you mean.

Thanks. Hard to tell from the video with that kind of motion/walk. Guess we'll get more soon enough.

That chart is showing that FSR 2.0 is easy and quick to implement in any game that has DLSS 2.0 support already.

Mentioned in this video around 6:56.
Will give a watch now.

Back
Top Bottom