• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Looks like nexus and wrinkly are making their way through all the threads talking about DLSS,ray tracing and cyberpunk.... like a modern day Doink and Dink tag team partnership. Very entertaining.:D

Took screenshots of the video at 1440P for comparison.

bvsXEHU.png

6QdKeSN.png

WzQUvfz.png

4K FSR 6800XT Scene 3 Zoomed in

rKDytn1.png

The zoomed in shot looks good enough for me. Hardly any difference between 4K and FSR Ultra Quality. Very nice indeed.

The 1060 video they showed at the end on the announcement is pretty bad though so not sure what is going on there. Maybe poor quality capture making everything looks blurry compared to the initial 6800XT video.
Thanks for sharing, these are the first reasonable quality pictures I've seen. :)
Looks like nexus and wrinkly are making their way through all the threads talking about DLSS,ray tracing and cyberpunk.... like a modern day Doink and Dink tag team partnership. Very entertaining.:D
I just hope they get a salary for it. :D

Shock, amd release a dlss competitor and there is talk about dlss!!!! :D :cry:

Is it a competitor though if nvidia cards can also use it? Just another option more than anything.

True that, suppose it will be a bit like free vs g sync i.e. each will have its strengths and weaknesses.

Definitely the more options, the better though!

Wish we wouldnt get pics of "4k" youtube all the time, utube compression sucks, if you want to compare details then find a uncompressed source if possible please. Also its just a demo, i wouldnt put stock in something whipped up for a dew seconds of show time and then put on youtube.

Took screenshots of the video at 1440P for comparison.

bvsXEHU.png

6QdKeSN.png

WzQUvfz.png

4K FSR 6800XT Scene 3 Zoomed in

rKDytn1.png

The zoomed in shot looks good enough for me. Hardly any difference between 4K and FSR Ultra Quality. Very nice indeed.

The 1060 video they showed at the end on the announcement is pretty bad though so not sure what is going on there. Maybe poor quality capture making everything looks blurry compared to the initial 6800XT video.
The Nvidia 'fans' obviously used that to try and make FSR look bad but if you look at it without bias we can see the quality appears very acceptable and a worthy competitor to DLSS. If there is a slight blur, that is no different to what I've seen with DLSS at 1440P on my 3080FE.
Coming back to this, the Ultra Quality looks good to me from those screenshots. However, I'll need to actually see it for myself before i can truly give my opinion.

Truth be told, I can't see myself ever using it to be honest with a 6900 XT due to the grunt it has, but for lower end GPUs it could be excellent indeed if the quality is decent.

Well, i'm one of them.... i suspected as much, its why i don't get the hype about all this.
Ah but you're an AMD Schill... Oh you're using a 2070, Damn!

Back
Top Bottom