Fidget Spinners (and other toys) Thread [Image heavy]

Soldato
Awesome, hope it helps them!
That's great! I'm just as bad for fiddling with my beard if I don't have something else in front of me :o

If you fidgeted a lot, you'd realise how good they are to keep your hands busy. I do it without realising, the worst is when I fidget with my beard, sometimes if I get anxious I can start pulling hairs out without even realising I'm doing it.

And this here is exactly the reason I'm interested too!! Though I couldn't possibly justify spending anything like the sort of money for some of the ones in OP!

Permabanned
This is such a good idea! I'm endlessly picking things up and playing with them. Used to get a fair few clouts from the old pah back in the day when I'd play with the salt grinders, cushion tassles, backs for remote controls etc and would eventually end up breaking the lot!

Might have to pick up one of those cubes. Cheers man!

Just had a look on Etsy. So many options!

Soldato
I like the centrifugal effects of some and must admit I sorely wanted one. One of my favourite toys as a kid was the gyroscope.
Something like this one I find harder to appreciate, so reminds me of one of this Fisher Price activity centre we had as kids.

32906580571_eb3ef48de9_o.jpg

Soldato
I have a fidget cube. It was a gift from the gf to stop me being annoying whilst watching TV. I tend to bit my nails or fiddle with the remote control so now I have a cube to distract me. It's a bit to bulky to carry around in your jeans pocket though so I tend to leave it laying about and forget about it.

I bought the mini cubes (search that auction site for item #162338938523, £2.28 ea from China with ~3 weeks delivery time) and at only 1 inch across they fit pockets easily enough.

Soldato
You have time for a dinner break? Why aren't you working :confused: ... See what I did there?

The idea behind these is intriguing but I don't understand why you would fiddle with one of these for any longer than any other object if you're a fiddler?

What happened to just jiggling your legs?...any other leg jigglers in the house? Big up yourself...

That's how I stay so slim :D

Soldato
how long did it take to arrive mate? was the quality any good?

Took a while to arrive, 2-3 weeks maybe, but I can't be sure. I knew it'd be slow coming from China, so I didn't pay much attention to delivery time. Very happy with the quality, it has ceramic bearings, and the metal is properly machined. It spins for ages, as you'd expect. Also, unlike the original Torqbar, its central button is raised enough that it will spin on a tabletop.

If you are looking at getting a spinner then I'd say go for it. I have it in my hand almost all the time I'm on the phone in work.

Nate

Soldato
Took a while to arrive, 2-3 weeks maybe, but I can't be sure. I knew it'd be slow coming from China, so I didn't pay much attention to delivery time. Very happy with the quality, it has ceramic bearings, and the metal is properly machined. It spins for ages, as you'd expect. Also, unlike the original Torqbar, its central button is raised enough that it will spin on a tabletop.

If you are looking at getting a spinner then I'd say go for it. I have it in my hand almost all the time I'm on the phone in work.

Nate

thanks for the info mate.

daft question, are there any difference in how it performs/quality if the spinner is Alu, Copper or Stainless? i mean is there one that is the preferred one?

Soldato
I chose the Copper one because I prefer how the metal tarnishes (odd reason I know). I'd imagine the Aluminium to be lighter and the Steel to be same weight roughly as the copper, but I'm guessing, since I only have the one.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom