Fidget Spinners (and other toys) Thread [Image heavy]

Associate
My wife is a primary school teacher and is being driven insane by these being brought into school.

I think locally they've started to ban them from being brought into school.

From what I can tell they seem to be the latest "must have" craze for kids with stocks disappearing in no time.

Associate
Just got the dreaded "can I have a fidget spinner please dad" when picking him up from school today. And as I am such a bloody soft touch......:rolleyes:
He will be getting frisked on the way out the door in the mornings though!

Soldato
Nearly as pointless about 4 pages of negativity from people that are clearly not interested in a thread topic... :)

Anyways.. Thinking of getting a cube, I find if I'm reading a tech document or waiting for something to deploy etc etc then I end up fiddling. Either clicking or tapping a pen which drives people mad or stuff similar to biting nails.

Caporegime
I have a little fidget spinner (cheap one) at work, it's great. Might get a better one off Amazon. Certainly not spending over £20 on one though!!

Why not order from the source directly? aliexpress. you shouldn't be paying more than say £3-£4 for a top end one. prices start at £1.20ish and that includes delivery from china.

the cash and carrys buying these in bulk are paying around 50p-£2 each and selling them for £2-£5 wholesale for retailers to then price them at £5-£20.

i just bought a metal one and the big baller one (spinnercraft website) from aliexpress for £3 each.

only downside is likely to be the 2 week delivery time

Soldato
This is a fidgeting accessory, if someone gets this for their kid and they don't usually fidget with things - then getting them a fidgeting accessory and inducing fidgeting just because it's the playground fad, cannot be a good thing.

Associate
I have 2 Fidget Cubes (not the "official" ones, far too expensive), I got mine for £3.49 each (they are the highest quality fakes you can get, and feel pretty much the same as the real one except the joystick is slightly different)
These two:

s-l300.jpg

Can you link to where these can be purchased from for this price? Thanks.

Soldato
bought my kids the spinners and the cubes. Seems harmless fun to me and will only last a few months like loom bands, squiggles, squishes etc there have always been "crazes" like this i remember a good few from when i was at school and you always felt out if you didn't have what the latest thing was. Thanks to the web im able to pick up on this crap early and my kid looks moderately cool at school.

Soldato
My legs have pretty much always fidgeted and bounced around whether I'm sat at home on the sofa, sat at work at my desk or sat in a meeting. I can't control it, it just seems to happen?!? If i get one of these even if it stops me fidgeting won't it drive other people nuts?? At work i have a pot of 'thinking putty' (Like plasticine but tougher, changes colour/stretches/snaps etc.) that works ok but i end up just sitting there playing with that instead occupying both hands.

TLDR: Anyone else in a similar boat with jiggly legs and did it help make them less jiggly?

Back
Top Bottom