1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFA 18

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Andybtsn, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Fifa is the only thing I can play, Counter strike on the PC used to be my game but that got too serious and time consuming. Not sure how so many people can play FPS on a pad just doesn't work for me :(

You're still wrong about FIFA 18 mind:p Ironically gameplay has been fine tonight.

Has anyone saved their packs for next week?

2. Andybtsn

Don

Well it is an opinion in the end, no one is right

3. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

But someone has to win:mad:

4. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

I usually stick to single player games so play a lot of games but for short periods of time, probably explains why I'm so bad at anything online.

I did start playing Fornite yesterday, which is my first attempt at this type of game since the 90's, and although I'm just as bad at it as I am at Fifa I'm improving quickly and, more importantly, absolutely loving it.

I've got my packs from the Calcio A and MLS SBCs and a load saved from Squad Battle rewards. Looking forward to packing a ton of 81's :cool:

5. Robbo

Don

A good example would be the WL games I played tonight. I’ve done well in every single game, yet the losses have gone as follows:

(Almost all the teams are Martial/Alessandrini/etc.)

- Dominate the entire first half, opponent barely has a shot on target

- End of first half/start of second half, they get a lucky bobble, break on me, have a low driven shot which my goalkeeper (doesn’t matter who it is) parries into the path of their other striker

- They score

- They go defensive and waste time and make it really annoying

Repeat.

Now I’m not saying I played perfectly and deserved to win the games I lost, but there is a pattern to how the game goes - and things do happen that are out of your control. The pro players just have amazing focus and rarely make mistakes. They must also be great at reading how the game engine is planning to cheat them and being extra careful at the right moments.

6. Quinnaay

Soldato

If you go 1-0 up and have the pacience to sweat it around in ultra defensive holding the ball you'll win 9/10 its just mind numbingly boring and not what I play fifa for.

7. Andybtsn

Don

Talking about winning. Try online > seasons and choose RB Leipzig, 41212 narrow. It’s fun, going through the seasons now and never play the same 4 star team. Up to div 3 now.

Did 2 WL games and won them. Just don’t have the will to play more, think the fear of getting hammered and hating the game :D

8. rickjames

Wise Guy

An awful start, 5-8. Somehow got off before going full tilt

9. nemtizz

Capodecina

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  10. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Newcastle would be challenging for top 4 if they had your financial backing rather than Ashley's :p

11. Andybtsn

Don

12. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Effective yes but he does get a bit boring... Although his celebration never fails to amuse me:D

13. rickjames

Wise Guy

Clawed it back now to 10-9, much more like it. So glad I put the controller down

14. Quinnaay

Soldato

15. rickjames

Wise Guy

As per above, 11-9 and I'll leave the remaining half till tomorrow. Lessons learned from now on; when it's going bad, take a bloody break!

16. The Running Man

Caporegime

So won division 6 last night and now to start div 5. Won 6 in a row to do it

17. Robbo

Don

Anyone have any thoughts on Prime Bergkamp vs Del Piero? Tempted to get one and get rid of Rui Costa, his finishing is starting to cost me games now. Generally good but inside the box he’s dodgy sometimes.

I’ve used Bergkamp for 20 games and he was very good but I’ve never used ADP.

18. SuperMan

Wise Guy

Just to echo what others have said, Ronnie is really like a cheat code. Some of the goals he has scored/games he has won for me are ridic.

19. Andybtsn

Don

nemtizz strikes me as one who doesn’t like losing. That’s what I learnt from 17, if it ain’t broke...

I just shift players around Ronaldo rather than swapping him out to keep it fresh.

20. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018