1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

FIFA 19

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Andybtsn, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Prime Best was great but being honest I would go with the first team. Marcelo is grea fun but he is definitely a luxury and make sure you use him for corners he’s really really accurate.

Sonny I thought you knew how to keep players away from that danger area easily :confused:

2. Milkybk

Soldato

Okay, thanks mate :).

Also... :p

3. chroniclard

Capodecina

Even with a decent team its quite tiresome playing the insane cards. Feel there are just too many special cards.

4. Milkybk

Soldato

I mean it's called Ultimate Team for a reason. Be pretty **** if we could only use Forrest Green players. :p

5. GreenMint

Capodecina

Oh no, I know, but put engine on him too for that extra 10 balance!

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

It is and there is an element of hypocrisy in my post as I spent a few quid, however it seems to be just more and more insane every year with endless cards and money sinks!

Its still good fun, I have 500 hours played, but may give it a miss next time. :)

7. Milkybk

Soldato

Haha I'm in the same boat to be honest man. I do get what you mean. I didn't bother with Fifa 2018, played a tiny bit then quit after a month. Like everyone here though I love playing football games, so it's a rock and a hard place situation. I do enjoy Fifa, it's just that the arms on my chair don't. :p

The whole business model is **** for consumers but I know it won't change.

8. chroniclard

Capodecina

Actually skipped 17 and 18 after I got banned for coin buying. :p

9. Milkybk

Soldato

Just had a really close match where I had to come back from 2-0 down, after 2 penalties which were perfectly clean tackles. His POTM hazard just jumped on the floor like in real life (only player who dives more is Neymar). I ended up losing in the last minute. My opponent messaged me saying GG and he didn't think they were pens either, which was a nice change from the normal stuff you receive. :)

10. Stewy

Capodecina

played lots of Sol Campbells recently and he seems to move in slow motion? Really clumsy and unagile

Bit frustrating that I can barely play at weekends and that means I just can't generate enough coins to upgrade / play around with teams. I don't think I can afford a similar quality team to my Serie A team in any other league which is a bit annoying so just sort of grinding away. Contemplating a hybrid using Griezmann and Suarez up top <somehow> but can't seem to do it without a formation change / sub at the start which I don't want to do

11. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

the only other defenders which are as good and cheap are bundesliga or a french team with the likes of kimpembe, kondogbia, etc. serie a defensively is so good in terms of cheap quality. scream caceres is unreal.

12. Robbo

Don

So, new team:

[​IMG]

4231 - Fernandinho or Fabinho will go to CB, Marcelo to CDM, and Militao to left back, I don't use them to attack much and he seems fast enough and decent defensively. Also allows Casillas to be tried. I do have better RB's in the club but chem is a slight issue.

I used untradeables mostly for VVD, and got about 150k back from the packs, so he cost around 180k in total, which I thought was decent, especially if he goes up to 91 next month.

13. rickjames

Mobster

5-2 so far, playing pretty well and trying not to rage. Coming up against 88/89 rated teams isn't helping either; came up against TOTY Mbappe who's just a train that doesn't stop. Beat him comfortably 3-1 with my own NIF Mbappe doing the job, like.

14. Soulja

Capodecina

Gold 1 last week and now I'm struggling to get to gold 3. My players can just not get into any space and 99% of goals conceded have been finesse shots ....yawn.

15. Stewy

Capodecina

Sigh, got really excited at the idea of the 87-rated Vrsalkjo, didn't realise you need _12_ wins in Online Singles :/

16. always4lora

Wise Guy

Scored a free kick in one game and then two the next =) Marco alonso has played 289 games and only scored 15 so doesn't score many=)
    I'm on my best run of 8 wins in 12. I lost my first 3 games off the weekend league as well.
    Usuallt I get silver 1 with a few games left

17. Soulja

Capodecina

^Nice little run there mate. Push for gold 3 ;)

I've solved one of my biggest mistakes. I always played my 3 CAMS with stay forward instructions but leaving them on balanced pressures the other team more and creates more space when attacked on the counter as well.

18. Robbo

Don

Looks expensive!

19. Milkybk

Soldato

Currently half time in a match vs a full icon squad. I'm deservedly winning 2-0. Feels like the game is trying to let him back into it.. I'm having to make every tackle 2-3 times and I've hit the post/bar twice since going 2 ahead (with green timed bull shots).

Beat him 3-1. Horrific experience.

20. Robbo

Don

Bale costs around 1.7m :eek: