FIFA 19

Don
OP
That's interesting to know. When I've been looking at Icons to see if I could make a hybrid league team I looked at 92 Bergkamp in an attacking role and 85 & 88 Seedorf in a more defensive box-2-box type role. Although I'd heard mediocre things about him so had been looking at 86 Rijkaard (although would prefer the 90 version). But from what you've said maybe it's worth me considering Rijkaard again.

I have always come up against the better versions and they've never stood out, hence my reluctance to buy him really but he's a unit.

At 14 wins, just 3 to go and can sack it off.

Soldato
Teach me how to improve!

Edit: please???

I probably have the best team on the forum, so that helps, I win games I shouldn't as the team carries me.

As for how to improve, hard to know without seeing you play. If you're on PS4 could give you a couple of games later in the week to get a feel for it - although I'm far from the best player here, Quinnaay tears me apart 2 games out of 3 and I've never managed to beat Jony in about 10 attempts.

Man of Honour
I have mixed feelings about him, only using him as a sub at the moment and some games he’s excellent other games he can’t even pass. Where abouts are you playing him?

LCM. I wanted someone more attacking there as Vieira and Gullit are solid enough, and he seems brilliant, pops up all over the pitch.

I probably have the best team on the forum, so that helps, I win games I shouldn't as the team carries me.

As for how to improve, hard to know without seeing you play. If you're on PS4 could give you a couple of games later in the week to get a feel for it - although I'm far from the best player here, Quinnaay tears me apart 2 games out of 3 and I've never managed to beat Jony in about 10 attempts.

I only lost narrowly on pens to Quinnnay, we should have a game sometime too.

Soldato

Yeah ok ill give you some games, cheers.

sbridge1903

Man of Honour
Yeah, after Gold 3 you tend to face better teams/better mechanic abusers. It's quite easy to end up on a losing streak, especially when the garbage matchmaking doesn't work properly.

Soldato
On 18 you came across a lot of poor players after losing 3 or so in a row, 19 is just not very forgiving, you never have an easy game.

Cause people like me have given up by then! :D

Gonna have to think about upgrades for my team, got a lot of high rated players, 350k in the kitty, but a decent team already so really not sure where I can go with it :(

Soldato
Just need an icon for Blanc now :/

TOTS Lala is ok but not great, if he wasn't a red pick i would have sold him for a more physical defender.

I got TOTS Sissoko to replace Torreira and he's superb, his defence rating is rubbish but he has top interceptions to always in the right place at the right time and he is a beast of a player.

I play 4231 and have sissoko and Kante as CDMs , Kante's size is a pain, tempted to grab Pogba, CDM Meunier or Rabiot to replace him, likely go with Meunier due to his size and all round stats.

Has anyone used TOTS Di Maria, might go with him for CAM?

Soldato
I'm going to put a lot of images in here, I'll spoiler tag them but I would appreciate any suggestions or opinions people might have!

Currently starting this:

96KNKBI.png

Sometimes switching to:

pUyBD94.png

or

bXVlPct.png

Main bench & reserves

CCsG1Pi.png

1KmxLMe.png

I've got a couple of 89s in the club, Probably 12 87-88, same amount of 85-86, all IFs are lower rated, Aouar might get fed to the lions if need be as could Do Rossi if I replaced him.

The question really is, based on whats there, what would you do? I don't think Gullit is feasible, Petit wouldn't really be the suitable CDM along with Seedorf would he as he has a tendancy to wander.

Other option is to sell Ronaldo and try a few others up top, but you know how it is, its hard to let him go, but open to suggestions (Yes, Socrates, I'm looking at YOU!)

Khazri is also awesome BTW!

Had thoughts on Roberto Carlos SBC perhaps and find a way to chuck him in at CDM, Maybe tying in Birthday Marcelo?

Soldato
I only lost narrowly on pens to Quinnnay, we should have a game sometime too.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that other than those guys I was the best player or anything, I just meant out of people I had played!

Would be good to have a few games, although I suspect your R9 will score a boatload against me, because he always does, despite the fact I can't use him.

Man of Honour
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that other than those guys I was the best player or anything, I just meant out of people I had played!

Would be good to have a few games, although I suspect your R9 will score a boatload against me, because he always does, despite the fact I can't use him.

I’m not that great either, although I just tend to get frustrated and lose patience with the game, then start messing things up! :p

Soldato
Other option is to sell Ronaldo and try a few others up top, but you know how it is, its hard to let him go, but open to suggestions (Yes, Socrates, I'm looking at YOU!)
I have the prime moments socrates, he's good but compared to Ronaldo (who i've only used in drafts and career mode) he's not very agile. He scores some absolute screamers, is strong and good in the air. I prefer to have him at CAM, i have tried him up top but just not suited for it IMO

Soldato
I have the prime moments socrates, he's good but compared to Ronaldo (who i've only used in drafts and career mode) he's not very agile. He scores some absolute screamers, is strong and good in the air. I prefer to have him at CAM, i have tried him up top but just not suited for it IMO

I used to use his Prime at CAM in 433-4 and CF in 433-5, loved him there as he was good going forward, and worked well, could even play him behind Eusabio who's finishing is sublime and his ariel work, while not as good as Ronny, is 10x better than Gomez.

Soldato
Cause people like me have given up by then! :D

Gonna have to think about upgrades for my team, got a lot of high rated players, 350k in the kitty, but a decent team already so really not sure where I can go with it :(
Think you are 100% correct. Average Joe's like myself have given up long ago because the game is so broken this year it's extremely hard to over come all the BS.

I'm just not good enough to skill move though people's defences or abuse other game mechanics.

Easier to score vollys and other outrageous stuff than a simple 1vs1.

Keeper movement and timed finishing should not be in the game imho.

Soldato
Got 89 Blanc in the FutSwaps, looks pretty decent so will throw him in the team.

Anyone going to do the TOTS Josef Martinez, looks an awesome sub to add to my ever growing 'super sub' bench :D

Back
Top Bottom