FIFA 19

Soldato
Yes you do

FYI - no you don't!

I've got as far up the ladder as I'm going to get before tomorrow so I thought I'd give it a go on the highest difficulty level and got soundly thrashed 3-0! (and it's zero fun when you lose 100% of the tackles you attempt in a game and a good 60% of you passes go nowhere near their intended target! - that and Cesc Fabregas scoring with a header from 25 yards out is fairly disheartening)

But this aside I only won 303 points (I have been getting between 950 and 1600 winning games on Pro/World class and the quality of the team I'm playing against) so the bottom line is winning is more important than the level you play against!

I have to say however, I do not understand the points scoring - especially the "difficulty bonus" - I'm sure it's 1.0 on Pro and 1.6 on World Class - whereas the multiplier on the hardest level (Legendary?) only came up as 0.7!?!?!?

Caporegime
Any tips against players that play high pressing attacking?

Sometimes hard to get out

Ping pong passing. Hold L2 as soon as you play the pass this holds off the rushing player. As soon as you receive the ball R1 pass first time. Rinse and repeat until they have pulled players out of position and then through ball. You will need to pass forwards then backwards then to the side then through ball.

Can be hard to get the right pass going so just keep on passing around until you find that through ball. Always pass to the nearest person who is in the most space.

Eventually when you get more than 2 seconds on the ball pick and choose your pass and run forwards slow down and turn when he rushes you can take 2 players out the game as he switches to someone else and rushes you. Then play the through ball.

Caporegime
Have a preset to attack with width that’s what I do if are silly high pressure.

What formation?

I might try that then switch to my usual all down the middle 41212 (2)

High pressure kills stamina so I bide my time making him run about if i can by running down wings killing his stamina.

Players energy drain faster if you make them sprint in the red. So I use their high pressure against them. Eventually their players are ruined and mine are still half way i then pick them apart and they can't keep up. But going wide seems smart to help weaken their stamina.

Pressure uses stamina at a high rate and rightly so.

Soldato
I'm tempted to go for SBC swap Januzaj

How does this swap business work exactly? I've got Mauri and Jon Bautista - both of whom have the blueish "swap" icon on the card - presumably I can exchange these for the various rewards listed? (and I assume it matters when you earned the swaps?)

I'm hoping that one of the rewards for getting to Gold 1 is another swappable player and I can exchange for Januzaj to fit into my La Liga team (mind you, Dembele is pretty decent on the RW!)

Or am I misunderstanding how things work?

Last edited:
Soldato
What formation?

I might try that then switch to my usual all down the middle 41212 (2)

High pressure kills stamina so I bide my time making him run about if i can by running down wings killing his stamina.

Players energy drain faster if you make them sprint in the red. So I use their high pressure against them. Eventually their players are ruined and mine are still half way i then pick them apart and they can't keep up. But going wide seems smart to help weaken their stamina.

Pressure uses stamina at a high rate and rightly so.

Mine is set for 5at the back use it for the last 15 minutes if they are full on with attack set to max wide and long ball.

Soldato
Changed to the 41212(2) again.. Always used it as a custom tactic as it was my formation on 17 and 18 and I chucked Vardy up top with aubamayang who's been amazing for me and Vardy has been a bit of a beast. Well worth 8k for people with little coin.

Caporegime
How does this swap business work exactly? I've got Mauri and Jon Bautista - both of whom have the blueish "swap" icon on the card - presumably I can exchange these for the various rewards listed? (and I assume it matters when you earned the swaps?)

I'm hoping that one of the rewards for getting to Gold 1 is another swappable player and I can exchange for Januzaj to fit into my La Liga team (mind you, Dembele is pretty decent on the RW!)

Or am I misunderstanding how things work?

You have to swap them in SBC which is in the single player menu.

There is a special section for those cards to be swapped in.

Soldato
Thanks for the info!

Am I right in saying that the points thresholds for each band are not static? I turned it off earlier and I had just edged into Gold 1 - turn it back on just before bed and I'd dropped to Gold 2!?!? Luckily I had a game left and managed to get about 800 points over the threshold and back into Gold 1 again! (no idea if this will be enough to stay there tho!)

Soldato
Thanks for the info!

Am I right in saying that the points thresholds for each band are not static? I turned it off earlier and I had just edged into Gold 1 - turn it back on just before bed and I'd dropped to Gold 2!?!? Luckily I had a game left and managed to get about 800 points over the threshold and back into Gold 1 again! (no idea if this will be enough to stay there tho!)
not static and doubt youll stay there

Associate
Just packed Umtiti and IF Rodriguez. Finally my luck has come in. Today has been a wonderful day for opening packs. Umtiti was from my Elite 3 SB pack and Rodriguez was from an SBC rare player pack.

Now to keep or sell? Currently testing out Rodriguez but just is still out.

I’m playing 3-4-1-2

Ederson
Laport, Kompany, vertonghan
Dembele, rakitic, Thiago, Guedes
Rodrigo, Costa

(Lemar OTW, Roberto, Hernandez, Andre silva IF, Malcom, Mariano OTW, Vidal)

Thoughts? Just seen Umtiti go for 130k

Last edited:
Man of Honour
GZlG3td.jpg

Teams slowly getting better. I love Mata but want someone with a bit more pace as I use a lot of possession play to make teams fall out of shape then go wide.

I’m really enjoying it online now, still lose or draw a lot of games because of my poor finishing, but I’m dominating games for the most part in terms of getting chances and keeping possession. Perfecting the drag back has improved my play massively

Back
Top Bottom