FIFA 19

Soldato
Ugh, Andy why did you recommend Mertens this year? Just gets bullied off the ball and can't get clear of anyone!

Where are you playing him? He doesn't work at CAM for me, but as a striker he has been fantastic. 200+ goals in less than 250 games.

@Jimbeam3678 used Cruyff yet? I know you always have the top end players at some point. I'm just going to continue to save for his 89 version I think. Everyone says his dribbling is so unique and superb fun.

I've been watching Fuji streaming on Twitch and he is absolutely tearing it up with the 91 - comes highly recommended.

Caporegime
I use the stats which matter in the engine.

For his position Wanyama is a boss.

I'm going to get rid of Can and get N'Zonzi for my Serie A team.

Interceptions and marking are the most important stats on CDMs for me but it will depend on playstyle, I've found passing stats to make a big difference to my play when quickly shifting it forward.

Soldato
How was Neymar? He was my fav player last year, Ronaldo was better but Neymar was more fun.

I can't get him to 10 chemistry with my team so I didn't really give him a fair go. I could get him up to 10 but would need to replace aubameyang but it's not something I really want to do

EDIT: I could try hulks totw card but the price is crazy!

Caporegime
Doesn't really do anything better than Belotti though smaller, weaker and Belotti has 5* WF

I have both. I play Belotti at LST and ZAZA at RST and he is the much better finisher. His left foot is amazing. I've scored some outside the foot shots too. Zaza has the "flair" trait. Which IMO is the best trait in the game for attacking players. He also has the "strength" trait so he's not weaker than Belotti. His strength is higher.

Caporegime
This game is bad.
  • Goal keeper has a simple catch under no pressure, punches to opponent.
  • You power up a GK throw, he throws a half hearted looping lob to the opponent.
  • You’ve played the perfect 1-2, your player is through, Fifa decided your throughball should travel 30 degrees away from where you placed it.
  • 96 pace player through on goal, 50 speed defender catches up.
  • You’ve played your 90 rated ST through on goal, all you need is to hit the ball first time. Instead he takes a touch, you shoot again and he attempts to swing his leg in slow motion.
  • Auto lunging AI gunna auto lunge.
  • The best dribblers in the game take heavy touches but only when clean through, when under pressure they can control the ball on a dime.
  • Your 6ft4” defender is positioned perfectly to clear a cross. It morphs through your face and the 5ft2” RB loops a header in.
The list is endless. I’m winning most games but it’s a grind instead of challenging/fun. There’s no lag etc connection is very good, game is just very poor.

How anyone can play this game professionally is beyond me. It’s almost as if there’s an RNG aspect. Luckily for EA they’ve monopolised the market.

Collisions and how many times you have to tackle players annoys me the most, I've had moments where I've tackled a player 5 times and it ends up back at his feet and he just smashes it into top bins because he's sat spamming B as well.

I thought it was something I was doing at first but I've seen it in the top players matches on twitch as well.

I haz 4090!
Don
This game is bad.
  • You power up a GK throw, he throws a half hearted looping lob to the opponent.
  • You’ve played the perfect 1-2, your player is through, Fifa decided your throughball should travel 30 degrees away from where you placed it.
  • Auto lunging AI gunna auto lunge.

These ones really are annoying :p

Caporegime
This game is bad.
  • 96 pace player through on goal, 50 speed defender catches up.
The list is endless. I’m winning most games but it’s a grind instead of challenging/fun. There’s no lag etc connection is very good, game is just very poor.

How anyone can play this game professionally is beyond me. It’s almost as if there’s an RNG aspect. Luckily for EA they’ve monopolised the market.

GK Throw - He needs to have the long throw trait if he doesn't have it he can't do them properly.

That through ball is an absolute shambles. I've tried playing that ball a few times and it's impossible. Clean through and I have the trainer with pass direction on. So it shows you a line where the pass should go. Press triangle and it goes straight to their defender. I now don't use through ball when passing when I'm clean through. I just pass and if need be I'll slow down and turn to make the defender rush past me. I think it's in the game on purpose to stop people from scoring too much by abusing through balls. People would complain they are too OP and they have nerfed them into redundancy now. Maybe try manual through balls? Turn all assists off.

I already said before PACE is a redundant stat 95% of the time just forget it exists unless you are Texeiria the Brazilian forward. I scored 3 goals inside the first 13 minutes using his pace. 1 minute 45, 6th minute and then the 13th minute. He then scored and I thought oh no here comes the comeback but it ended 5-1. Has to be the fastest hat trick against an online opponent who was trying the full game. I think you need to have high dribbling to make high pace count. Also the right "traits" like speedster.

Soldato
For now you pretty much are forced to use the "quick throw" button modifier (RB off the top of my head?) - else you're likely to get yourself in trouble.

Soldato
I think you need to have high dribbling to make high pace count. Also the right "traits" like speedster.

Speedster does nothing, nor does Technical Dribbler or Speed dribbler - there is an article on Pitch Notes that explains what traits actually have non-CPU impact.

Man of Honour
Pace is not redundant, it's less powerful than it was but you don't really want to be using slow players.

When you're in higher level games against decent players you need whatever advantages you can get.

The game is very frustrating as ever, there are loads of positives but it's generally a bit of a mess in tight games.

Back
Top Bottom