FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

Spain completely deserve to win that. Probably should have been 3 or 4 at half time.

Spains team could have been far better too, a lot of the best players didn’t even play.
Which is exactly what I said :) we were easily 2nd best and deserved to lose that comfortably, it was just disappointing seeing that sort of behaviour and an awful standard of officiating. The pen was clear tbh, why it took her 5-6 mins to make her mind up is beyond me.

Was that Englands best team?...again..how did they get that far..are the other teams just worse?
If you put Everton in League Two they win the league, theres a few good womens teams but there is also a lot of chaff still. The game is maturing though and eventually in time the overall standard will be up there. Never on a par with the Mens game of course but certainly with a good overall standard across the board rather than only some good teams.

Called it a few days ago thought it would be tough Spain just look another level this tournament. Plus they was after the revenge from the Euros.

Having said that surprised Russo went off some Pep tinkering going on.

Yeah some of the changes were odd, Russo should have stayed on for longer.

In any case Spain were better, despite their cheating antics.

England looked poor, nothing up front and the play leading to Spains goal was awful. Passing was all over the place. I don't think overall it was a good advert for women's football at all, terrible officiating, Spanish players rolling around faking injury, blatant time wasting and a sub standard England performance. Pretty much everything you did not want to see. If James had not got herself sent off and played the whole of this game maybe they could have scraped it, we will never know.

Last edited:
I think the ref was lucky that England didn’t really turn up today otherwise she’d be down for some harsh public judgement. Really quite poor, bordering on very biased. Also lucky it wasn’t the men’s game otherwise the reactions would be far worse!

This team have actually won something, unlike the men's team.

AFC Fylde won the National League north but that level of football doesn't interest me and not to offend but they would most likely wipe the floor with the Spanish team.

The English women's game has lot more funding than other nations so the levels are not even realistic. England women should be winning major championships as a given really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom