FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

Peak Serena Williams wouldn't have took more than about 5 games off Roger Federer but that doesn't stop peoples interest in womens tennis.

It's comparing apples and oranges.

Tennis isn't on a massive pitch though. It is a sport that is almost perfect for women whilst still keeping the entertainment watchable. The tactics and techniques are still great to watch but not at the detriment of pure power and stamina which is needed on a massive pitch.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the score wasn't higher, the goal was an obvious play as soon as the ball was lost.

Spain were another class today. Some great individual performances from the English girls, but they gave the ball away far too easily and never looked as comfortable passing it around.

It is not being stupid. It is a preference. I am absolutely in awe of people like Michelle Mouton who was majestic in her Audi Quattro giving the men just as good a game as anyone else.

Watching the quality of football akin to Sunday league isn't prime time for me I am afraid.

Not stupid at all, I watch my local side regularly and they play Non league Prem and I’m confident the standard is better.

So presumably everyone will go back to normal now and stop pretending they really like Womens football.

For all the hype the English side got this week - they were made to look very average by the Spanish.

The BBC so biased - if you switched on after the whistle not knowing the score, listening to the pundits you would be forgiven for thinking England had won 4 or 5 nil. A critique free zone as usual.

They've been brilliant but from the first seconds of this match they couldn't hold the ball for 5 seconds without losing it or just giving it away.
Spain also looked like they had 3 extra players on.
Well done though.

Jeez come in here hoping for some decent analysis and it’s the boring 30/40 year old men comparing men’s to women’s game. Literally no other sports compares the 2 so why does football have to have the same boring chat.

Anyway, the game, first half, you could tell the formation wasn’t working but why haul the only two strikers in the squad off was strange. It got worse second half too. Frustrating game but decent effort to get there with 3 starting players missing from the team when the tournament started.

Back
Top Bottom