Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Soldato
I've been playing it on both PC and PS3 and the upgrade is definitely noticeable and appreciated :p still great fun on PS3 though! It was my only MMO since it launched but the lack of stuff to do at endgame was getting kinda boring and my IRL friends convinced me to start WoW again (which I did yesterday). I'd say there's enough to keep the interest going, plenty of different ways to level with some very challenging instances, and they just recently added a fair bit of content including PvP. Even if it doesn't hold your interest, it's only £10 and then at least you've got the game and know what it's like :p

Sounds good to me mate ill give it a go! I have just found out it supports the dualshock 4 but has to be connected with the shortass cable :(

I havent played mists yet! I stopped late cata and didnt go back but i keep seeing mists for like £7

Soldato
OP
Sounds good to me mate ill give it a go! I have just found out it supports the dualshock 4 but has to be connected with the shortass cable :(

I havent played mists yet! I stopped late cata and didnt go back but i keep seeing mists for like £7

Yeah that is kind of a downside with the DS4 :( I keep trying to find more excuses to use it, but I've had to shift my PS3 higher up on a shelf to make room for my PS4 so that cable is no longer an option... At least we've got the PS4 version to look forward to for that! It sounds like they might use the touchpad to emulate a mouse too, and the thought of being able to play it on the Vita makes me salivate (primarily so I can do crafting and whatnot elsewhere in/out the house or while lying in bed watching Netflix).

I'm liking some of the Mists changes so far (I mainly played during TBC), but it feels so basic now :\ will wait and see what the endgame is like before I decide to carry on or not.

Soldato
Yeah that is kind of a downside with the DS4 :( I keep trying to find more excuses to use it, but I've had to shift my PS3 higher up on a shelf to make room for my PS4 so that cable is no longer an option... At least we've got the PS4 version to look forward to for that! It sounds like they might use the touchpad to emulate a mouse too, and the thought of being able to play it on the Vita makes me salivate (primarily so I can do crafting and whatnot elsewhere in/out the house or while lying in bed watching Netflix).

I'm liking some of the Mists changes so far (I mainly played during TBC), but it feels so basic now :\ will wait and see what the endgame is like before I decide to carry on or not.

I need a reason to dust off my vita so this could be a good excuse!

Yea wow got sooo hand holdy in the end, became a bit too accessible if thats even possible! I miss the days of having to read a quest log to find out where to go, now its just big marker points this way hold foward kill and come back :(

I imagine FF is mostly like this? It seems to be the way they are all going atm!

Either way i think psn is down this evening so i shant be trying it tnite :(

Soldato
OP
I need a reason to dust off my vita so this could be a good excuse!

Yea wow got sooo hand holdy in the end, became a bit too accessible if thats even possible! I miss the days of having to read a quest log to find out where to go, now its just big marker points this way hold foward kill and come back :(

I imagine FF is mostly like this? It seems to be the way they are all going atm!

Either way i think psn is down this evening so i shant be trying it tnite :(

I can't imagine it'll be ideal in all situations, but for crafting and questing I imagine it could come in handy!

The hand holding has reached new heights with the talents sadly, or lack thereof. You just pick a role now and you immediately get all the passives and skills assigned to you, you get to pick some skills at certain tiers (like out of 3 skills every 15 levels or so, and they're shared between all specs).

FFXIV has a similar quest system where it shows you where to go on the map for the most part, but the dungeons are pretty brutal in comparison. The game is generally a lot tougher than WoW but how long it stays that way is anyone's guess :\

Soldato
Started this last night! Works surprisingly well on ps3 and the controls are done well enough to make it very playable, just may take a few more hours to be used to them

I went for lancer and seems decent, only level 6 atm but the game feels promising :) cant wait to see it on ps4 though as visuals are the downside here but not enough to make me want to wait til april :D

Soldato
OP
Started this last night! Works surprisingly well on ps3 and the controls are done well enough to make it very playable, just may take a few more hours to be used to them

I went for lancer and seems decent, only level 6 atm but the game feels promising :) cant wait to see it on ps4 though as visuals are the downside here but not enough to make me want to wait til april :D

Nice! :D The Lancer is really fun, just wait until you get your Jump skills! The beauty of FFXIV is that one character can be all classes just by switching weapons, so if you get bored you can just start levelling something else on the same character instead of rolling alts.

Associate
Well, I've been playing this as pretty much my only game since release - while I've run into the usual issue with MMOs of clearing all content long before the next patch, it's still a solid game.

Raid day today, crossing my fingers for an Allagan Scepter for my BLM!

Soldato
OP
Damn, i assume the PS4 will let you use the vita as a second screen?

I'm thinking about getting this myself, but dunno if i should get PC first

Not sure about the second screen functionality (there is supposedly going to be some form of Vita companion app as well though) but you will be able to play it remotely on the Vita :) Well you can always add a PC key to your PS3/PS4 account at a later stage and get access to it. I did it the other way around, just added the PS3 version to my 1.0 PC account and now I've got access to both.

Soldato
Ok tad odd and annoying, ive been playing for like 3 days and each time i have logged in, it comes up witha security message and i hget an email to reset my password, then i can log in fine! Anyone else had this?

Says something about a change in connection settings or suspicious account activity so they lock the account

I doubt either of these things have happened, and i dont get the emil until i try to sign in on the ps3

Soldato
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/12/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-new-ps4-trailer-beta-update/

Ps4 details includong beta, upgrade from ps3 to ps4 and a trailer

It actually looks soo much better, no horrid jaggys which plague the ps3 version

Just a note i brought the ps3 one for real cheap at asda and was debating keeping it sealed until ps4 version went live however it turns out you have to have actually played it on ps3 to be eligible for the free upgrade so may be worth firing it up a few days in advance

Soldato
If I already have a pc account that has lapsed as I stopped subscribing and I buy the (cheap) ps3 version digitally on psn will I then get ps4 on the same account too? I don't want it for ps3 only pc and ps4 but ps3 version is like £12.

Soldato
OP
If I already have a pc account that has lapsed as I stopped subscribing and I buy the (cheap) ps3 version digitally on psn will I then get ps4 on the same account too? I don't want it for ps3 only pc and ps4 but ps3 version is like £12.

If you register the key to that same account, then yeah. I already had an account from 1.0, so I just added the PS3 key to it and now I can pick up from wherever I was on either platform.

Associate
I usually play on PC now, but tonight will be my 5th Twintania kill, so I'm preparing to raid on PS3 to try and trigger the Coil trophy. Fingers crossed it works - then I'll be a couple levequests away from platinum!

Back
Top Bottom