Final year as a junior powerlifter - I still don't even lift

Associate
OP
18/02/17 - Saturday - Medium Bench

I wasn't feeling up to scratch and sure enough it showed as the session went on. Despite that however, I'm still pleased with how the session went and it gives me something to work on for the upcoming sessions.

Medium Grip Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
50kg x 6
60kg x 4
67kg x 3
73kg x 2x10
73kg x 2x9

I kept good form and that is what matters, I did not see any benefit trying to grind out the last reps for the sake of just getting the final reps.

Close Grip Bench

65kg x 2x10
65kg x 9,f

Triceps were fried and where I wasn't feeling 100% didn't help anything. Never mind. I'll either go 4x8 next time for the extra volume or if I'm feeling really good I'll push it 4x10.

Cable Chest Flys (Low to High)

17.5kg x 3x10

Cable Row

55kg x 4x12

Happy with that overall. Went to the sauna after training with some members from the powerlifting club to relax and help the muscles loosen up. Not a bad way to end a Saturday.

Associate
OP
19/02/17 - Sunday - Heavy Squats

Not a bad session at all. Could have gone for a 6rm but I saw no benefit in it whatsoever. Back wasn't feeling 100% on some squats so I may of had a little torso lean on a rep or two but I corrected that simply by pulling the bar harder into the traps. I payed around with some squats with wraps on hut I'm still trying to get used to how to wrap and how a wrapped squat should feel.

High Bar Squat

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
60kg x 6
80kg x 4
90kg x 3
100kg x 3x8 - I think high bar rep/set pb

Last set was the best, I feel like the hip need to open a bit more but not to take the stance wider. A wider high bar position feels weaker and inefficient. Knee felt ok although there was what sounded like some cracking but felt fine.

High Bar Paused Squats

85kg x 2x8

I forgot this was an actual exercise on the second rep and paused for about 4 seconds because I was more focused on sinking into the hips when in the hole to open them up. Otherwise they felt good and no complaints.

High Bar Squats /w Wraps

60kg x 3
80kg x 3
100kg x 3x1

I would have loved to hit a 6rm but I'm still playing with how to wrap and what not. I'm also making sure I'm not getting the wrap tight to the point of where it's effecting my knee. All just a learning curve right now but it's all good fun.

Hip Thrusts

40kg x 3x12

First time doing these and it showed in the first set. Each set felt better so will do these again next week along side deadlifts as I would usually be doing stiff leg deadlifts today but didn't want to put any more stress through the back.

Happy with that session. Benching tomorrow on a lovely Eleiko bench.

Associate
OP
20/02/17 - Monday - Heavy Bench

Bench was heavy but I made all my sets and reps so I'm rather happy. Keeping the weight the same for the next half cycle as the volume increases each session.

Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
50kg x 6
60kg x 4
70kg x 3
80kg x 3x8 - possible set/rep pb

The bar I had was absolutely terrible, it was so smooth and kept rolling in my hands. Still pleased with how the reps went but want to keep the weight the same to be able to get a tad of a longer pause on the chest.

Slingshot Bench Press

87.5kg x 3x8

Not bad at all. Felt really solid but would have only had +2.5kg in me at most.

And that's it. was extremely busy with other lifters and have moved my accessories to tomorrow.

Associate
OP
21/02/17 - Tuesday - Light Squats

Light squats mean high volume and sure enough thats how this session went. I was suffering from food poisoning the night before, I had very little sleep and had absolutely 0 food. Managed to keep hydrated and that made the world of difference.

High Bar Squat

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
60kg x 6
80kg x 4
90kg x 4x12

That is actually a pb, and considering how underfed I was and the lack of sleep I'm rather pleased.

Front Squat

65kg x 3x10

+5kg from last time so that's all good. Keeping the weight the same for next time since the volume increases.

Hip Thrusts

45kg x 3x12

+5kg from last time and they felt considerably better.

Leg Press

120kg x 3x12

Going to aim for 130kg - 140kg next time.

I left deadlifts today because I didn't want to put additional stress through the body and feel like death. At the very least I did additional squat work to make up the volume that I have missed and I've read some interesting studies for hip thrusts and glute development. I was worried about doing squats, stiff leg deadlift and hip thrusts might be a bit much in a single session but I feel as if I could managed the deadlifts too if I had been on normal form. Rest day tomorrow, squats and deadlifts on Thursday.

Associate
OP
23/02/17 - Thursday - Medium Deadlift

Deadlifts and squats in one session to make a total of 10x10 overall. Sure enough I did the main work, some back extensions and then called it a day.

High Bar Squat

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
60kg x 6
80kg x 4
90kg x 3
97.5kg x 4x10

So much better than I was expecting. Had a slight different warm up than normal with helped correct movement patterns and it really made a difference (I think).

Sumo Deadlift

60kg x 5
80kg x 3
100kg x 3
120kg x 3x10

Last set was 7 and then popped straps on for last 3 reps. I was just simply tired and couldn't grip the bar as hard as I should have been able to.

Deficit Deadlift

115kg(S) x 3x10

Felt good, everything was wrecked by the end.

Back Extensions

BW x 4x15

Nice way to stretch out and still develop the lower back, glutes and hamstrings.

Great session if I'm honest and quite looking forward to next week when I have the opportunity to set a rep pb on sumo deadlifts. I also have the opportunity to do the same for squats on Friday but I think I'll just hammer the volume as that seems to be working well for me right now.

Associate
OP
10x10 is basically cardio

It was hell as soon as I started deadlifting.

24/02/17 - Friday - Light Bench

Half a bench session but at the very least I managed to get the main movements done.

Medium Grip Bench Press

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
50kg x 6
60kg x 4
67.5kg x 4x12

Not bad at all.

Incline Bench Press

62.5kg x 3x10

Horrible but still technically a pb.

And that's it. Hopefully I'll get the chance to finish uptake accessories sharpish.

Associate
OP
26/02/17 - Sunday - Heavy Squat

Today was a good day with many pbs.

High Bar Squat

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
60kg x 6
80kg x 4
100kg x 3
112.5kg(B) x 2 - Flew
122.5kg(B) x 6 - PB
105kg x 3x8 - PB

Really chuffed with everything, especially hitting a rep max pb and a volume pb straight after.

Paused High Bar Squat

90kg x 3x8

+5kg from last time. Super easy.

Hip Thrusts

50kg x 3x10

+5kg from last time.

Great session, absolutely chuffed with how it went. I'm regretting not getting video footage of how it went but oh well. Bench tomorrow!

Associate
OP
27/02/17 - Monday - Medium Bench

Feeling a tad tired from last night and today wasn't amazing, but wasn't terrible either, really in 2 minds about increasing my training max as the pauses weren't as long as I would have liked but I've also neglected accessories for the past 2 weeks.

Medium Grip Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
50kg x 6
60kg x 4
67kg x 3
72.5kg x 4x10

+2 reps than last time but pauses weren't as great as I would have liked but I'm still pleased.

Close Grip Bench

65kg x 4x10

Rather happy with this.

DB Incline Bench

15kg x 10
20kg x 3x10

DB OHP

12.5kg x 3x10

Right shoulder wasn't too happy as there was some pinching but I'm sure some stretching and more mobilising will sort it out.

Cable Chest Flys

17.5kg x 3x12

Wide Grip Bent Over Row

40kg x 4x12

Cable Row

55kg x 4x12

And that is everything, thank goodness. Not a bad session overall, hopefully squats will be nice and smooth tomorrow.

Associate
OP
28/02/17 - Tuesday - Light Squats

Quite high overall volume but the intensity drop was nice and not feeling anywhere near as worn out as I had been in previous sessions over the last 2 weeks.

High Bar Squats

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
60kg x 6
80kg x 4
90kg x 3
95kg x 4x12

+5kg pb from last time and it didn't move with too many issues but I need to work more on keeping tight as I was completely relaxed in between some reps and I haven't done that in a very long time. Could have just been one of those days.

Leg Press

40kg x 10
80kg x 10
100kg x 10
120kg x 4x12

Nice and controlled. Going to push 130 - 140 next cycle.

Hip Thrusts

55kg x 3x12

+5kg from last time and I'll continue to do so providing I can get full extension and meet all reps.

Not a bad session but really looking forward to the deload next week. Lots of volume coming up this week....

Associate
OP
02/03/17 - Thursday - Heavy Deadlift

Well today was indeed heavy with some suited deadlifts followed with a lot of volume without it on. The equipped stuff absolutely knackered me as after my top set I couldn't pull anything from blocks and then when I dropped the weight down by 50kg to do volume work it still wouldn't budge for another few minutes until everything felt "hunky dory".

Equipped Sumo Deadlift

60kg x 5
80kg x 3
100kg x 3
120kg x 2
140kg(B) x 1
160kg(B) x 1 - straps up
170kg(B) x 3 - PB :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRI9chFg_gd/?taken-by=porridgeisyummy

Really pleased with that and it looked a hell of a lot better in the video than it felt. 3rd time ever in the suit, first time not using straps too. Ups my estimation by 5kg so I'm pleased but this shattered me for some reason. I felt good but my body wanted to do absolutely nothing. I've always been stronger doing sumo blocks than from the floor so I loaded up 180kg and it just wouldn't budge, I was absolutely fried. Waited a while and then decided to move on with the session.

Sumo Deadlift

130kg(S) x 3x8 - set/rep pb

Initially it didn't budge purely due to fatigue and then managed to get it moving, and for the most part it was great, just exhausting. Another little pb for the day.

Deficit Deadlift (~2")

122.5kg(S) x 3x8

Another pb to the best of my knowledge but goodness this was exhausting. The sets felt like they went on forever just because it took me a while in between each rep or so.

Back Extensions

BW x 3x15

And that's that done. I was so happy for the session to be over with and I went for lunch and stuffed my face with steak as a well done me. I should be having a heavy bench session tomorrow but we shall wait and see how that goes.

Associate
OP
03/03/17 - Friday - Heavy Bench

Today was indeed a heavy day but it went a lot better than I expected. My bench shirt arrived today so naturally I wanted to give it a whirl. I couldn't get it sat properly and that made my life hell. On the first rep the shirt collar was too high and was riding into my throat so adjusted it for later reps. Only managed reps to a very high pin since I wasn't confident with how the shirt fitted so I will be looking for advice before I give it another go.

Wide Grip Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
50kg x 6
60kg x 4
70kg x 3
80kg x 2

Popped the shirt on at this point.

Equipped Bench (High Pin)

100kg x 1
100kg x 3
110kg x 1
120kg x 1

Managed to move the reps about 5 inches... my chest and triceps are left cut and bruised. Since I wasn't happy with how the shirt was fitted I didn't want to waste my time trying either more weight or trying to touch lower (the next pin would have been my chest anyway), I would have exhausted myself further or risked injury. It just didn't seem worth it to me.

Wide Grip Bench

80kg x 4x8

Nice pb and the reps were a lot better than last time too.

Slingshot Bench

87.5kg x 3x8

I was dying by the end of this, although the 3rd set was probably the best and I severely cheated the last rep of set 2.

DB Incline Bench

20kg x 3x15

Felt utterly rubbish.

DB OHP

12.5kg x 3x15

Lol...

Wide Grip BOR

45kg x 4x15

Going to up the weight next cycle.

Decent session. Wide grip training max has been upped for the next cycle and I'm hoping to learn how to use the bench shirt properly. Final bench session of this cycle done, one more squat session tomorrow and then a deload thank goodness.

Associate
OP
09/03/17 - Thursday - Deload Bench + Deload squat

Bench went well today, very similar intensities to what I'm used to but considerably lower volume which was nice. Being sleep deprived and being fasted did me absolutely no favours though but things are very busy right now so it's just one of those things that I have to deal with.
Squatting later in the day felt absolutely horrible because of some issues that believe are stemming from the ankle which is causing my balance to shift a little and it's causing a bit of pain at the top of the fibula in certain ranges of motion. It seems to clear up with ankle and calf stretching, which indicates tight tissue, and possibly too much volume. I could either drop the volume for the next hypertrophy block and also reduce the rate of loading, or move into a strength block where the volume is lower - but the intensity is higher. I'm leaning towards keeping the intensity lower and the reducing the volume (i.e - run another hypertrophy block with volume reduction).

A.M.

Medium Grip Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
50kg x 6
60kg x 4
70kg x 3
75kg x 4x5

All fully paused and it felt decent.

1" Board Press

67.5kg x 3x5

Could have done spoto but I've never done boards before so it was a nice change.

Cable Chest Flys (Low to High)

17.5kg x 2x10

Tricep Pushdowns

25kg x 2x10

Cable Row

55kg x 3x10

Not bad at all but I felt ruined afterwards.

P.M.

High Bar Squat

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 8
60kg x 6
80kg x 4
87.5kg x 3
95kg x 4x6

Felt so much harder than they should have and only had handful of reps that felt decent.

High Bar High Pause Squat

80kg x 4x6

Better, the last set was by far the most comfortable.

Finished it up with sitting in a squat position with a bar on my knees for two sets of however long I could be bothered for with the oly shoes on and then followed that up with 2 sets with no shoes. Everything is feeling miles better so I shall be doing this at the end of every session if possible to help loosen up the tissues.

Associate
OP
22/06/17 - The Return

It has been a very long time since I have logged my training as things were very one and off over the past few months and there were various factors that contributed to that. About 5 weeks ago I started training whenever I could and did a basic volume phase with low intensity to get back into the rhythm of things. Bench was fine during this phase but I was having hips and knee problems prior to this which persisted throughout the phase and are still somewhat present which meant squats were very hit and miss. Bench volume was very high, squat volume was lower, and deadlift volume was considerably lower. Bench and deadlifts have been moving well and I've started playing around with box squats with a vertical shin to stop pressure and clicking in the knee. There is nothing structurally wrong but it looks like it just needs some rest from the 10 billion reps of high bar I had been doing over the previous months and then followed with inactivity which always ruins me unfortunately.

In the past week I have transitioned out of my volume phase and into a strength phase, with the possibility of a bench only competition coming up in August in Scotland with my partner. My training is becoming interesting again and I've always enjoyed receiving comments on my training, hence the return of the log. With the exit of the volume phase the total volume has dropped but there is currently considerably higher volume at much higher intensities (this'll become apparent in this week's update below), and with the change in phase comes the change in exercises. Incline bench and close grip bench has gone and floor press and 1" board press has been introduced. For squats because I can't handle normal squats currently, and I have no need to either, I've introduced the box squat in my suit with the straps down just for support in the hips. As for the deadlifts I've reduced the amount of conventional volume and swapped out my conventional deficit for a sumo variation.

On with the return of the log.

12/06/17 - Monday - Light Squats

Today was the first day that I decided to start doing box squats to rest the knee for a while. I know there is some controversy about box squats but it's currently the only variation I can execute without concerning noises going on in the knee. Some form of leg work is better than none, and at the very least it'll hopefully give some carry over to my sumo deadlift since I'm using a wide stance (outside shoulder width - not crazy westside).

SSB Box Squats

80kg x 7x6

That's it, there is no other equipment or exercises available for further leg work (for today at least) so that will have to do. Box squats, with sitting on the box and not just touching and going, are far harder than they look. I kept the weight very light today since I'm new to the movement and the knee can't handle much right now anyway. It's day one and I'm not training for a competition so there was no point in going nuts.

14/06/17 - Wednesday - Medium Bench

Had to travel to London and ended up in an old school body building gym, the equipment was useable but terrible. The session started off with floor presses and then bench press but it should have been the other way around. Sure enough no one had seen floor press before, some people were intrigued and others thought I had no idea what I doing and kept trying to correct everything.

Floor Press

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 5
60kg x 5
70kg x 5
80kg x 5
75kg x 5x5

Bench

60kg x 3
70kg x 3
75kg x 6x5
70kg x 2x5

Fatigue kicked in towards the end so the sensible thing to do was drop the weight and keep going rather starting to wobble and ingrain poor technique.

DB Incline Press

22.5kg x 10
17.5kg x 2x10

Fatigue and hit me hard so had to go really light on the accessories.

DB OHP

15kg x 3x10

Pleased with the session and it would have been interesting to see what happened if I had benched first and floor pressed second. This amount of volume at this relative intensity though is huge, I am looking forward to it dropping later in the cycle.

15/06/17 - Thursday - Heavy Deadlifts

Today went much better than expected, and despite it not being heavy in comparison to so many other lifters, it was a win for me and a weight/set/rep pb too so I'll take that.

Sumo Deadlift

Bar (RDL) x lots
60kg x 5
80kg x 3
100kg x 3
120kg(S) x 2
140kg(S,B) x 1
150kg(S,B) x 3x4

I had to use straps because the bar was so terrible there was literally no knurling to hold onto where my hands were placed. I'm really pleased with this and the weight felt right for the given %.

Sumo Deadlift Block Pulls (~3.5")

160kg(S,B) x 2x4

These were rather hard after the other deadlifts but again another pb so I'm happy.

Coan Rows

60kg x 4x10

I like this variation a lot and will continue to use it after my deadlift sessions.

Back Extensions

BW x 3x10

Just trying to stretch out the back and get a little bit of core work done.

Knee Raises

5x20

Pleased to get some core work done and this helped stretch the back too.

Chuffed with that session and that's the heaviest deadlift session of the cycle completed too. Lighter session coming up next week but with higher volume.

18/06/17 - Sunday - Heavy Bench

Tad tired today after a long few days so I really wasn't expecting much. Pleased with bench but too shattered for anything more.

Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 5
50kg x 3
60kg x 3
70kg x 3
80kg x 8x4

That is a lot of volume... but wait, there's more!

Slingshot Bench

87.5kg x 6x4

Done.

The guy that I was working in with was the worst lift-off's I have ever had and he would unrack on his count of 3 rather than on mine for when I was ready. On pretty much every set my shoulders were pulled out of position and the bar was just dumped back in my hands. I was very pleased knowing this was my last bench session in London before going home.

Bench Grip Pendlay Rows

40kg x 10
45kg x 10
47.5kg x 10
50kg x 10

Done. Always nice to do some back work after benching as it always makes my shoulders feel better.

19/06/17 - Monday - Medium Squat

I've got my hands on my old squat suit now and will be using it with the straps down just so I have support in the hips for the wide stance onto the box.

SSB Box Squat

The bar might be 25kg, it might be 30kg, it might be 35kg... The owners have absolutely no idea so I'll count it as 25kg.

Bar x lots
45kg x 5
65kg x 3 - suit no straps went on after this, not sure why so early
85kg x lol nope
105kg x - still high
115kg x 1 - feels like too much for sets of 5
107kg x 7x6

Really odd at how just 2kg extra was enough to get me to the box. That was enough volume for squats today, particularly with the suit cutting into me.

Conventional Deadlift Block Pulls (~3.5")

70kg x 5
100kg x 3
120kg x 3
138kg(S,B) x 2x6

First set was no straps but then strapped up or the second. I was using a weightlifting bar rather than a power bar and could feel it roll in my hands.

Seated Good Morning

Bar x some
45kg x 3x10

Niceeeee. Quite like this variation because it allows me to just focus on my back rather than having tow sorry about my hips making me go all wonky.

Good session. Box squats felt strong and conventional block pulls felt brilliant.

20/06/17 - Tuesday - Light Bench

More bench, a lot more bench.

Medium Grip Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 5
50kg x 3
60kg x 3
70kg x 8x6

Lawd.

Medium Grip 1" Board Press

75kg x 6
70kg x 3x6
70kg x 5,f
65kg x 5
65kg x 5,f

Fatigue hit me hard and it was quite hard to determine with the board press as the press would feel strong and then suddenly the next rep was death. Oh well, first time playing around with boards so I'll adjust things for next time.

Bench Grip BOR

40kg x 4x10

Nice and easy to finish up with. Should be able to add at least 5kg next time.

Bit miffed with the session due to the board presses but with hat much volume it's to be expected. Fortunately the bench volume starts to decrease.

21/06/17 - Wednesday - Heavy Squats

The aim of today was to work in the 80% to 85% range or work up to a a top set of 4 and take it from there. Because I was in my suit with straps down again, and now a different box setup it took some wiggling to work out what was going to work. To through things off again the bar this time weighed 30kg so plate math was all over the place to begin with.

SSB Box Squats

Bar x lots
50kg x 5
70kg x 3
90kg x 3
110kg(B) x lol nope - increased height of box
110kg(B) x 4 - good set, decreased box height
110kg(B) x 4 - good set, decreased height again to now parallel
115kg(B) x 4
120kg(B) x 4
125kg(B) x 4
115kg(B) x 2x4

Happy with that as it was a lot more weight since monday.

Did not have time to deadlift today which means deadlifts tomorrow and goodness it's going to be a battle. Eat, sleep and recover is the aim and take the lighter deadlifts tomorrow.

That concludes the first instalment of training and will hopefully keep it up frequently like I used to.

Last edited:
Soldato
He's back - thought you might have lifted so much weight that a vortex opened up and sucked you to lifters alternative universe.

In the past week I have transitioned out of my volume phase and into a strength phase, with the possibility of a bench only competition coming up in August in Scotland with my partner.

Rest was TL;DR but in for bench only!

Associate
OP
He's back - thought you might have lifted so much weight that a vortex opened up and sucked you to lifters alternative universe.

Rest was TL;DR but in for bench only!

Oh you know it!

22/06/17 - Thursday - Light Deadlifts

Still trying to continue with controlled eccentrics but it means my grip is shattered within the first working set. The plates I used were smaller than standard plates so I'm effectively pulling from a deficit.

Deficit Sumo Deadlift

60kg x 5
80kg x 3
100kg x 3
120kg x 2
132.5kg(B,S) x 3x6

Deadlifts were ok but nothing special.

Deficit Sumo Paused Deadlift

120kg(B,S) x 2x6

All deadlifts were with a 3 count controlled eccentric and that made them hell.

Coan Rows

65kg x 4x8

Easy peasy, more weight next time.

SSB Good Mornings

Bar x some
50kg x 3x10

And that is the end of that. Not a bad session but something about deadlifts just did not feel quite right, saying that though they all went up with some respectable speed so happy days.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
24/06/17 - Saturday - Medium Bench

Not a bad bench session at all, just need to work on some more shoulder mobility for my left shoulder and things should really be progression well. Bench in general felt good tonight, I think the change in exercise selection and the change in volume and intensity has definitely helped.

Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 5
50kg x 3
60kg x 3
70kg x 3
78kg x 7x5

Not bad at all, still rather weak off the chest though but fortunately the mid range and lockout felt miles stronger today.

Floor Press

78kg x 5x5 - weight increased from last session

could have handled a little bit more weight so will ensure the weight goes up for next time.

DB Incline Press

20kg x 3x8

Nice and easy. I had a lot more energy that I thought I would so undershot this weight a bit.

DB OHP

18kg x 3x8

Happy with that.

BOR

45kg x 3x8

Nice and easy. More weight next time.

On the whole I feel it was a pretty good session with progress in every lift since the last session.

Associate
OP
Time for training updates from both Monday and Tuesday.

26/06/17 - Monday - Light Squat

More box squats which meant the use of the SSB, suit on straps down. Had to cut the squats a little bit short as there were odd sensations in both the inside and the outside of the right knee but no pain and full functionality. Despite that, I was not willing to risk it.

Box Squats

SSB x lots x lots
50kg x 5
70kg x 3
90kg x 3
105kg x 5
105kg x 4x6

I was supposed to do 7 sets in total but it was not to be.

Seated Good Mornings

50kg x 10
60kg x 2x10

Allows me to focus a bit more on my back, core and glutes since my dodgy hips can sometimes put me i wonky positions when I do GM's standing.

That's that session done, no time for anything else.

27/06/17 - Tuesday - Heavy Bench

So heavy bench today but only managed to get half of my total bench volume completed so will have to finish it up tomorrow before deadlifts.

Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 5
50kg x 3
60kg x 3
70kg x 3
77.5kg x 1
82.5kg x 7x4

Volume pb so I'll take that. Every set was RPE 8 - 9 so it is nice knowing there is more in the tank either rep wise or weight wise, possibly both.

That's it for today, slingshot work tomorrow with some deadlifts, and if I'm feeling really alive I'll even squat.

Associate
OP
28/07/17 - Wednesday - More heavy bench

Wanted to finish up the session from yesterday and my lower back was feeling pretty tight, and with the little amount of time I had, I didn't want to rush a deadlift warm up to then only do some deadlifts and have to do more tomorrow anyway.

Bench

Bar x lots x lots
40kg x 5
50kg x 3
60kg x 3
70kg x 3
80kg x 2

Slingshot Bench

90kg x 5x4

Another little volume pb, and they were pretty easy too so hopefully that means the numbers will keep moving.

That's it. Some bench and deadlifts tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom